Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

This is it

Imo FG are playing people on twitter,getting this trending,because their comment section is a pure dumpster fire and if they block/delete comments,they'll get burnt as fcuk

Little do they know,the social media presence/interaction is miniscule on twitter compared to insta (but they would be fcuked off insta,if they carried on like do,on twitter)

Again OK.
    So you reckon FG are behind #BlockFineGael?

Neither here nor there,what i reckon....but usually any twitter trending at circa 1K and entirely based in dublin/kildare (878 so far,many many door accounts aswell),is something that indicates to me,its manipulation anyway

All seems somewhat pointless to me,as your average social media interaction is multiple times more likely on insta than twitter(i personally dont follow any political page)......its too convoluted a platform for widespread usage

Looks to me like someone is trying to encourage people to block FG tweets going on Mcs link.
    That seems like trying to persuade people to censor their viewing of FG tweets.
    Sounds very Trumpian to me and like someone is scared of what Fine Gael are tweeting, whether it's **** or not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Looks to me like someone is trying to encourage people to block FG tweets going on Mcs link.
    That seems like trying to persuade people to censor their viewing of FG tweets.
    Sounds very Trumpian to me and like someone is scared of what Fine Gael are tweeting, whether it's **** or not

If anything is Trumpian (and it most decidedly is) it's social media content with video missives soundtracked with forbodeing music and fake earnest voice actors designed to spook voters. It's garbage straight out of spot-ads for the Republic party in some flyover state.

It's a joke and a sign of desparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Looks this way....but FG are likely manitlpulating.this,as all.their comment section are dumpster fires.....particularly over leos carryon

(They like to then present all critiques as shinners or malcontents,which is in turn driving people into shinners arms,as everyone can see he done wrong here,but introspection is a rare rare thing online)

A weekend of this hashtag,will.leave them open to post unadulterated lies and sneer at poor people unopposed

like if i was running their social media account,its what i would do.

So you honestly believe FG are behind the hashtag #BlockFineGael, which is being promoted by people on twitter that are anti Fine Gael? How'd they manage that one?

Lad,ive outlined my skeptism around it,and reasons to believe it

Wheter you believe it,or not is of no difference to me....

whole thing seems manufactured out of nowhere to me......like i mean the 400 or so door accounts with no followers or previous tweets screams suscipous to me

Just find it to be yet another absolutely bizarre post with no basis in reality.

Feel free to believe it, it's a free country. But I'm also free to find that opinion and thought process to be absolutely bizarre and better suited for the conspiracy theories forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Just find it to be yet another absolutely bizarre post with no basis in reality.

Feel free to believe it, it's a free country. But I'm also free to find that opinion and thought process to be absolutely bizarre and better suited for the conspiracy theories forum.

They wouldn't be the first to manipulate on social media.

It would be a relief to think they can't be that stupid with the constant backfiring stuff.

You dont belive there to be 400 odd door accounts,who have never tweeted before,but have all of a sudden become active tweeting this :D

I mean your free,not to believe me,but to say this has no.basis in reality is a bit silly

400 door accounts run by FG, purely for the basis of promoting an Anti Fine Gael twitter hashtag? Cant say I've seen the evidence for this. Feel free to share. Happy to be proven wrong.

I mean FG supporters,like young bubblaclaus, said john concannon involvement in PR was a myth/no connection with varadkar

Making more things up Blazz. 2 lies here.

1. I have never voted FG
    2. I have never once posted about Concannon. Try and find a post all you like, I have never once posted about him.

I dont know why you feel the need to lie. Why would you claim I said things about Cancannon when I have never literally posted about him in my life?

I do apoligise for mistakes....but you did say you support the government irregardless of its decisions??

I felt it was a reasonable interpetarion to say you support them??

I didnt say yous posted about him,just used yous as an misguided example of a supporter based upon previous interactions indicating your support for the goverment

Sorry again

Thanks for the apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

gadarnol wrote: »
    It has been written here several times about the ongoing saga of Varadkar confessing to leaking a confidential document and the remaining steps before the process dealing with that comes to a conclusion. We can all see the repeated attempts to deny that reality here. It’s a Trumpist tactic of repeated denials of reality simply to muddy the waters.

Even when the process ends (SIPO case, Garda complaint) the facts will stand as an indictment of a Taoiseach who leaked a confidential document. A coalition that excused him from the standards he imposed on Phil Hogan saying the standards that applied to one applied to all are exposed as hypocrites. And Varadkar’s cavalier disregard for confidentiality seen also in Shane Ross’s account of Cabinet is going to tarnish him and trust in dealing with him. Even more, the triggered backlash from FG in the Dáil revealing their inverted values when they described the questioning of Varadkar by the people’s representatives as inhumane while the homeless continued to die in the streets will be seen as an affront to decency.

The media focus may well move on. The facts are very clear.

I agree with you. The problem I have is the hypocrisy of sinn Fein and others. It’s like Jimmy saville complaining about Gary glitter.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    #BlockFineGael is trending on Twitter and it's largely to do with this Leo story from what I can see.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlockFineGael?s=09

Wowsers. The Village idiots trying to censor a political party!

Is the sunday business post accusation about FG threatening chay bowes true

How concerned should he be??,relatives of mine were left for dead on the roadside by the orginal blueshirts (thankfully survived)

I’m afraid I’ve no idea of what you’re referring to. I don’t spend all day on Boards! Pray, enlighten me.

Its literally on tweet in post you quoted?

Gotcha.
    TBH, the Village comes across as a lover scorned. I’d love to know the real story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Thères a lot of core Vradakar hate
    I personally couldn't care less about the guy
    What I will say is the village is feeding off it
    What they probably haven't realised is fg people are if they're noticing it at all just laughing at it
    Or saving it for a rant in the Dáil
    Stuff like this is the most pointless, waste of time stuff on the Internet
    If it gives the village and some of its followers some venting release, its doing some good (for them)
    Its not doing anything else

Some cuckoo posts on here!
    Fine Gael are responsible for posting and promoting anti FG #.

:D:D:D

Cockoo!
    I wish the pubs were open!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How exactly do you censor someone's twitter account by blocking it Maryann? In fact, as I've explained to bishop, you do the polar opposite, they can tweet away and the person who has them blocked won't see it, I'm not in favour of it myself.

I don't think you thought that post through tbh, admit it, you witnessed someone else posting the same shyte and the lemming instinct kicked in. :D
    Some cuckoo posts on here!
    Fine Gael are responsible for posting and promoting anti FG #.

:D:D:D

Cockoo!
    I wish the pubs were open!

Unsure if intentional. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nobotty wrote: »
    Thères a lot of core Vradakar hate
    I personally couldn't care less about the guy
    What I will say is the village is feeding off it
    What they probably haven't realised is fg people are if they're noticing it at all just laughing at it
    Or saving it for a rant in the Dáil
    Stuff like this is the most pointless, waste of time stuff on the Internet
    If it gives the village and some of its followers some venting release, its doing some good (for them)
    Its not doing anything else

There's criticism for what he says and does. FG laughing it off is the bigger problem.

How exactly do you censor someone's twitter account by blocking it Maryann? In fact, as I've explained to bishop, you do the polar opposite, they can tweet away and the person who has them blocked won't see it, I'm not in favour of it myself.

I don't think you thought that post through tbh, admit it, you witnessed someone else posting the same shyte and the lemming instinct kicked in. :D

Unsure if intentional. :pac:

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Bowie wrote: »
    There's criticism for what he says and does. FG laughing it off is the bigger problem.

They don't give a sh1t and would need to be down 4 or 5 points in the next few polls for any kind of vindication in anti Vradakar circles
    I can't for the life of me understand why they're using every fibre of their online being lately bashing Sinn Féin
    It makes zero sense
    Unless they are thinking they can win over Sinn Féin voters
    Your honour delusion case proved
    Recommended sentence,lost deposits

The cry of 'censorship' is hilarious. Did you guys just want to get using the word for effect and not think through what you were saying? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

They don't give a sh1t and would need to be down 4 or 5 points in the next few polls for any kind of vindication in anti Vradakar circles
    I can't for the life of me understand why they're using every fibre of their online being lately bashing Sinn Féin
    It makes zero sense

FG are angst ridden over FF, SF are getting proxy anger from FG because they can't vent its anger at FF, every hate filled comment against Pearse is really a hit at Micky,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Only if you don’t understand what censor means.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It makes zero sense

Beginning to feel the heat, eh.

The cry of 'censorship' is hilarious. Did you guys just want to get using the word for effect and not think through what you were saying? :)

Censorship has many forms!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Blocking someone on twitter isn't one form of censorship thought, no matter what anyone tells you.

Blocking someone on twitter is the same as putting someone on ignore on boards.ie - just means you no longer see what they're posting, that's no more censorship than deciding not to watch fox news would be censorship.

It's not something I think People should do, if you block FG Twitter then how are you going to call their Trumpian style tweets out and laugh at them?

Wasn't a very well thought out plan imo.

Blocking someone on twitter isn't one form of censorship thought, no matter what anyone tells you.

Blocking someone on twitter is the same as putting someone on ignore on boards.ie - just means you no longer see what they're posting, that's no more censorship than deciding not to watch fox news would be censorship.

It's not something I think People should do, if you block FG Twitter then how are you going to call their Trumpian style tweets out and laugh at them?

Wasn't a very well thought out plan imo.

I would have thought FGers and FFers would be expert in what censorship is, given it was they who censored some of the world's and our own best writers and gave us Section 31

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

FG are angst ridden over FF, SF are getting proxy anger from FG because they can't vent its anger at FF, every hate filled comment against Pearse is really a hit at Micky,

It's FF I don't understand in this, don't they see that this behaviour is just going to mean SF voters won't put FF voters anywhere on their preferences now and some FF voters are going to switch allegiances as they see FF going to the wall to support a FG leader that constantly causes their party trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

It's FF I don't understand in this, don't they see that this behaviour is just going to mean SF voters won't put FF voters anywhere on their preferences now and some FF voters are going to switch allegiances as they see FF going to the wall to support a FG leader that constantly causes their party trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

I would have thought FGers and FFers would be expert in what censorship is, given it was they who censored some of the world's and our own best writers and gave us Section 31
    And it was mediocrities like Eoghan Harris and his Ned Stapleton cumman of the Workers Party in RTE that gleefully enforced it while waiting for the certain victory of the Soviet Union.

It is funny to watch the sheer incompetence of FG on Social Media. When the Leo theLeak story was posted, lots of FG accounts on Twitter appeared to try and limit the damage.

They accounts had similar profiles and histories. A Social Network graph of these accounts might have been interesting. It is easy for politicians to control the journalists in the Dublin media as most of them are dependent on press releases and the odd leaked comment. They lose access and they end up scribbling for the lifestyle section or worse.

Social Media is different. It is not as easy for FG and its spindoctors to influence in the way that they can influence the legacy media. People on Social Media can ignore them. People on Social Media also have their own opinions and that scares FG. It represents a loss of control and grates on FG's latent Fascist instincts.

FG does have a Fascist past and its first president (Eoin O'Duffy) was the leader of the Blueshirts movement which, after it was banned, merged with Cumman na nGaedheal to become Fine Gael. It does seem to lack people with a Goebbels level skill of dealing with the Social Media and frequently ends up looking like the Illinois Nazis in the Blues Brother movie. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

Anyone left clinging onto FF isnt to.leave,they're at 11% polling now......chances are they trying to hamg onto FG coattails now for transfers etc and be a lame duck parthner in any coalition going forward with them ala labour party/greens

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement