Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Bowie wrote: »
    So you agree with her view to an extent?
    I find it best practise to take it on an issue by issue basis and if the story is accurate. Pointing out the farce that is the FG online campaign is just that regardless of the messengers alleged politics. Or do you require a FG'er to point out FG flaws?
    I think their campaign is an almighty waste of time and money
    Their house is burning down and they've sent the fire brigade to the next street over
    I was just saying an fg'er simply won't share Uns's opinion on practically anything especially the leak
    They're a different choir

The Tanaiste confessed what he did as Taoiseach in the Dáil. The consequences of that are yet to be decided by SIPO and the Gardai.

The consequences of a witch-hunt? The Gardai have better things to be doing than listening to the ranting of village idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The consequences of a witch-hunt? The Gardai have better things to be doing than listening to the ranting of village idiots.

A 'witch hunt'?

We found out the Taoiseach was secretly doing the wrong, possibly criminal thing.

No witch hunt there, it's good journalism, even if you have a siege mentality about it.

A 'witch hunt'?

We found out the Taoiseach was secretly doing the wrong, possibly criminal thing.

No witch hunt there, it's good journalism, even if you have a siege mentality about it.

A witch-hunt. Pure and simple. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

The Gardaí certainly have better things to do than investigate whether the head of government broke the law. It's a shame the head of government decided to ignore best practice and head off on a solo run that requires investigation.
    If only he had followed best practice or told his friend not friend to go elsewhere for a copy of this apparently already in the public domain document there would be no need for investigations.
    But here we are.

• Advertisement

'Over what' exactly?

That the Tanaiste has confessed to wrongdoing? I think that would require his supporters to 'get over'.
    Me, I am happy that so early in this government's term that the charade that there was any difference in FG/FF has been blown away.

Looking forward as they try to save themselves from drowning. I reckon MM has a good chance of catching Leo in the polls tbh. FG look punch drunker by the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Very Trump reply. Seriously Maryanne.
    The Tanaiste answered in the Dail. The village idiots lost.

They broke the story made a claim and LV admitted to it.
    Job done.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    The Gardaí certainly have better things to do than investigate whether the head of government broke the law. It's a shame the head of government decided to ignore best practice and head off on a solo run that requires investigation.
    If only he had followed best practice or told his friend not friend to go elsewhere for a copy of this apparently already in the public domain document there would be no need for investigations.
    But here we are.

Leo did nothing wrong. The document was already discussed, voted on and in the public domain. The contributors to the village article came across as bitter losers.

'Over what' exactly?

That the Tanaiste has confessed to wrongdoing? I think that would require his supporters to 'get over'.
    Me, I am happy that so early in this government's term that the charade that there was any difference in FG/FF has been blown away.

Looking forward as they try to save themselves from drowning. I reckon MM has a good chance of catching Leo in the polls tbh. FG look punch drunker by the day.

No. Not wrong doing. An error in judgment, maybe. After all, the document had been discussed and voted on. Nothing secret.

Leo did nothing wrong. The document was already discussed, voted on and in the public domain. The contributors to the village article came across as bitter losers.

He CONFESSED to doing the wrong thing. His Taoiseach said he did the wrong thing.

• Advertisement

He CONFESSED to doing the wrong thing. His Taoiseach said he did the wrong thing.
    Really? Did he not confess to making an error of judgment? After all, the document had been debated and voted on. Nothing secret.

This is all false.

No. Not wrong doing. An error in judgment, maybe. After all, the document had been discussed and voted on. Nothing secret.

You need to update yourself. Both of them have said it was the wrong thing to do.

I have said it was the wrong thing to do, it was not best practice, the Tanaiste has acknowledged that

This is all false.

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Really? Did he not confess to making an error of judgment? After all, the document had been debated and voted on. Nothing secret.

Are you calling Leo a liar??

Accused of leaking a confidential document to a pal.
    He admitted it.

You are confusing making excuses as to why with the fact that he did it.

Really?

Yes. Every word.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

CarProblem wrote: »
    Ho much is said fund vs the 250bn national debt we're projected to have at the end of 2021?

Doesn't really check out

https://twitter.com/seamuscoffey/status/1257303920482717699?s=03

I must admit thought it was very fiscally conservative to (pre covid)

- massively increase public spending
    - increase my marginal rate of tax to 52%
    - remove more and more people from the tax net
    - increase the dole by more than a person on the average industrial wage got (more than once)
    - despite pensioners having the lowest rates of deprivation/poverty/at risk of poverty (accordng to the CSO) and the country facing a demographics timebomb increase the old age pension repeatedly
    https://mobile.twitter.com/darragh_mor/status/1328447889127968771?s=20
    Don't forget housing, intentionally making an utter balls of that every single day as well.

Accused of leaking a confidential document to a pal.
    He admitted it.

You are confusing making excuses as to why with the fact that he did it.

Nope. He admitted giving a copy of an agreement to the head of a doctors union in order to include them in the agreement. Simples. No?

Nope. He admitted giving a copy of an agreement to the head of a doctors union in order to include them in the agreement. Simples. No?

So you are calling Leo a liar??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

https://www.kildarestreet.com/debate/?id=2020-11-03a.443
    Leo Varadkar
    I was wrong in the way I went about it

So you are calling Leo a liar??

No. Just that he could have gone about it slightly differently.

He did nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

He did nothing wrong.

He admitted passing a confidential document to his pal. Leo said this himself.
    You seem to think why he claims he did it means he didn't.

He did nothing wrong.

He admitted he did.
    I think the fact he wasn't held to account has you confused.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

He admitted he did.
    I think the fact he wasn't held to account yet has you confused.
    Fix'd.

We live in anticipation.

He did nothing wrong.

He admitted that he had done wrong. He also stated in the Dail that the document was not public. He himself stated it was confidential. You are contradicting Leo’s own words.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

He didn't do anything wrong. He just made an error in a specific and limited way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

So when he says it was an "error" was he making an error?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Lads... You're like a dog with a bone. This one is over. SIPO won't do jack ****. The gardaí hate the shinners more than anyone in this country, with the exception of maybe the Defence Forces. Not a hope they'll investigate this in any meaningful way.

I'd say they had a right good laugh a Chay Bowes and the editor of the Village ringing up making complaints. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement