Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

So it looks like this story is far from over.

Harris has given a statement and Gardai will be speaking with Varadkar in the coming days/weeks. Excellent.

Drew would have told McEntee about this a while ago as he as to do and she would have told Simon and Leo to get their stories straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

In the least it might give any future minister doing his pal a favour pause for thought.
    Sad that's the best accountability we can hope for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

markodaly wrote: »
    It is not a card, its obvious that people hate him for more than what he does, and more so for who and what he is.

He is THE most talked about person bar Trump in CA. No Irish person comes close to the hatred he gets and one has to wonder if there is more to it, which the evidence supports.

Boards.ie is the thin edge of the wedge. Just go on Twitter, FB and you will see the type of blatant racist, homophobic and racist remarks he gets.

Strange. He was still gay and half Indian at the time he was fighting for the hot seat with Simon Coveney and I wanted him in. He seemed to give off the impression of being a centre right conservative, I bought into the spiel of he being the Taoiseach for the people who get up early in the morning.

It was his rank incompetence, free money for wasters and his completely out of touchness with working people that irked me in the months after (remember the time he said he regarded an affordable house cost of being 350K or something)

Strange. He was still gay and half Indian at the time he was fighting for the hot seat with Simon Coveney and I wanted him in. He seemed to give off the impression of being a centre right conservative, I bought into the spiel of he being the Taoiseach for the people who get up early in the morning.

It was his rank incompetence, free money for wasters and his completely out of touchness with working people that irked me in the months after (remember the time he said he regarded an affordable house cost of being 350K or something)

i taught he was v.good when he ran for position he has....straight talking,no ould nonsense,younger profile
    (i even still have huge time for coveney)

....but its all spin/lies/hype and blame someone else with him and once you have reason to see through it (as was happened with the waterford morgue debacle)....

the whole.facade falls away v.quickly and end up reviewing anything he deos/says and its just nearly always nothing of substance/spin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

i taught he was v.good when he ran for position he has....straight talking,no ould nonsense,younger profile

....but its all spin/lies/hype and blame someone else with him and once you have reason to see through it (as was happened with the waterford morgue debacle)....

the whole.facade falls away v.quickly and end up reviewing anything he deos/says and its just nearly always nothing of substance/spin

I despise him entirely because of how out of touch he is. He did absolutely nothing to tackle the rental crisis, car insurance, he sought minimum alcohol pricing etc. Not to mention selling out to the Greens loopy demands. I see Leo and all I see is another surcharge, another over priced commodity, plain theft is all it is.

I voted FF because Mehole vowed he would not enter coalition with FG, I think it was around 1pm on counting day when this absolute spoofer started entertaining the idea to the media. Absolutely shameless. This sleeveen has now seen which way the wind is blowing and has realised that to cling on to power he will gladly get into bed with SF next time (although given SF will almost certainly heavily out poll FF I'm not sure how he thinks he will manage to get another Taoiseach gig out of it)

Next time around I'll just spoil my vote, the big two are beneath contempt and SF are a comedy party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Harris has given a statement and Gardai will be speaking with Varadkar in the coming days/weeks. Excellent.

It will come to nothing though.
    Better though that the gardai do investigate it as it'll put an end to it once the DPP says there is no case for prosecution.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Nothing to see here, move along .....move along.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Interesting developments reported today, Slimey Harris has submitted a written statement, I'd love a peak at that :)

But no doubt, it will go nowhere, but there's something quite gratifying in seeing Leaky Leo sweat it out for a while longer. I was curious, his ex buddy had dissappeared off the Airways, once the media darling, seemed he was being interviewed hourly but then nothing but to my surprise, he popped up on T Na G during the week, might be more to do with his Irish language skills or lack of Gp"s who speak Irish :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I wonder during his interview with the gards - did Harris just use every ounce of concentration he could muster, to stare at a spot on the wall throughout the interview and say "no comment,", like he should have done when he voted confidence in Leo, despite knowing what we know now.

Or did he actually do what he did do during the confidence vote, and try and blame Sinn Fein for all his woes. :D

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Interesting developments reported today, Slimey Harris has submitted a written statement, I'd love a peak at that :)

But no doubt, it will go nowhere, but there's something quite gratifying in seeing Leaky Leo sweat it out for a while longer. I was curious, his ex buddy had dissappeared off the Airways, once the media darling, seemed he was being interviewed hourly but then nothing but to my surprise, he popped up on T Na G during the week, might be more to do with his Irish language skills or lack of Gp"s who speak Irish :)

Jaysus, cut out the stupid names, dude.

And you lose all chutzpah with ‘peak’... it’s ‘peek’ .

That post is just childish.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, cut out the stupid names, dude.

And you lose all chutzpah with ‘peak’... it’s ‘peek’ .

That post is just childish.

I've told you before about the use of Dude when responding.

Clearly your an FG supporter, I can get that but don't dictate what users can and can not post.

A little bit of fun & humor on a quite lockdown Sunday is harmless

They've yet to post any racist or homophobic quotes. Its all smoke and mirrors which insults every minority group trying to fight for equality.

He made a career out of talking out of school and being critical of other departments to cover for his own inadequacies. He hasn't changed.
    Coveney was the smarter move and the FG membership knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

The trouble with Ireland today is that all the parties are left wing, or left wing+

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The trouble with Ireland today is that all the parties are left wing, or left wing+

FG would have some serious right wing members, Kneel Richmond calls himself Conservative , FF and SF are centrist ,Labour bizarrely would be centre right

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

FG would have some serious right wing members, Kneel Richmond calls himself Conservative , FF and SF are centrist ,Labour bizarrely would be centre right

I know what you mean, but I don't think any of them do much for us who pay high taxes.

Have to agree, I think FG has become quite right wing. Harris is just hapless, he was clearly out of his depth in Health, resulting in a general election, for some Bizarre reason Leaky keeps him post with an obscure department created to give him a ministerial role, Harris spends every hour of every day trying to appear relevant, commenting on everything apart from what's he's actually responsibility for and wastes no time putting the boot in every time Donnelly messes up (sadly too often)

It seems to me there's only two things FG are focused on, arguing with SF at every turn and undermining the very government they helped form and entered into. I think the vast majority of the electorate see straight through FG, a diminishing entity in Irish Politics.

I've told you before about the use of Dude when responding.

Clearly your an FG supporter, I can get that but don't dictate what users can and can not post.

A little bit of fun & humor on a quite lockdown Sunday is harmless

Lookit, if you want to be taken seriously, or semi-seriously on here, you need to ditch that auld crap.

Tryin’ to help you out, pal.

C’ mon....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Does that mean we can now say that Simon Harris and Leo Varadkar are known to Gardai ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,627 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Harris is a complete lightweight politically speaking.

He was fanny fitzs PA, that was his big break

Dropped out of a journalism course to run for the dail.

None of the serious FG pols rate him or are worried about him

The main skill he has is garnering social media likes

• Advertisement

Lookit, if you want to be taken seriously, or semi-seriously on here, you need to ditch that auld crap.

C’ mon....

You wouldn't catch Brenner stoopin to the lowly levels of labelling nicknames on politicians.

No sirreeee.

lol 1

lol 2

Taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Have to agree, I think FG has become quite right wing. Harris is just hapless, he was clearly out of his depth in Health, resulting in a general election, for some Bizarre reason Leaky keeps him post with an obscure department created to give him a ministerial role, Harris spends every hour of every day trying to appear relevant, commenting on everything apart from what's he's actually responsibility for and wastes no time putting the boot in every time Donnelly messes up (sadly too often)

It seems to me there's only two things FG are focused on, arguing with SF at every turn and undermining the very government they helped form and entered into. I think the vast majority of the electorate see straight through FG, a diminishing entity in Irish Politics.

They're just negativity all around. Lead by a devising narcissist. The sooner they shrink into obscurity the better for the country.

C’ mon....

Again, I'm not your Pal,

If you take offence at the slightest utterence of distain for Leaky and Slimey, you don't have to partake in this thread.

Perhaps you'll spell check for me before your next response.

McMurphy wrote: »
    You wouldn't catch Brenner stoopin to the lowly levels of labelling nicknames on politicians.

No sirreeee.

lol 1

lol 2

Taken seriously.

Or trying to get into back & fourths with fellow posters , he seems to get into a tizzy quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Next time around I'll just spoil my vote, the big two are beneath contempt and SF are a comedy party.

Yeah, spoil your vote.

That'll show em!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I tell ya this all doesn't bode well for his post politics career. The usual fine gael after politics gravy train of boards and advisory might not suit someone who leaked commercially sensitive documents to his mates. Any business would do well to stay wide of someone like that. Could easily be in the pocket of a rival organization or sending stuff to buddies as was the case with O'Tuathail.

smurgen wrote: »
    I tell ya this all doesn't bode well for his post politics career. The usual fine gael after politics gravy train of boards and advisory might not suit someone who leaked commercially sensitive documents to his mates. Any business would do well to stay wide of someone like that. Could easily be in the pocket of a rival organization or sending stuff to buddies as was the case with O'Tuathail.

Definitely. Damaged goods

When’s the last time a former Taoiseach had to be interviewed by the guards?

Bertie?

Few of the major media outlets running with the same story now, all updating in the last hour.

Varadkar to speak to Gardaí in relation to NAGP contract leak

Seems there's a whistleblower within the DOH that is responsible for the developments in this story.

I wonder if Leo will have to step aside temporarily to facilitate the investigation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I thought this was a one day wonder and was all put to bed months ago, what's happening, looks like more work for the Mount St guys and dolls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement