Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    I thought this was a one day wonder and was all put to bed months ago, what's happening, looks like more work for the Mount St guys and dolls.

That was wishful thinking for the FFG supporters on here. It is the stock response to any post to this governments behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

McMurphy wrote: »
    Few of the major media outlets running with the same story now, all updating in the last hour.

Varadkar to speak to Gardaí in relation to NAGP contract leak

Seems there's a whistleblower within the DOH that is responsible for the developments in this story.

I wonder if Leo will have to step aside temporarily to facilitate the investigation?

Caught love the quote " Leo to Talk to the Gardai", god bless his naive cotton socks

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭golfball37

I dunno why his fate was tied to the governments. He should have been removed in October and let the government carry on. I for one would lend them my support but hard to respect them when they defended this in the dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

golfball37 wrote: »
    I dunno why his fate was tied to the governments. He should have been removed in October and let the government carry on. I for one would lend them my support but hard to respect them when they defended this in the dail.

The deal is Micky,Leo and Eamo, Greens walk if anything changes

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

There is a thread for each of the main parties.

There is no need to derail & drag other parties into every thread.

Off topic posts deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    A lie, a blatant lie.

This is a very good example of how fake news is created.

The Gardai are not investigating Varadkar.

This aged well.

Think you might owe Francie an apology for the "blatant lie" accusation there blanch.

#awkward.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1361018389016248320?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Caught love the quote " Leo to Talk to the Gardai", god bless his naive cotton socks

Maybe he should "pick a spot on the wall"?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Leo is toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Leo is toast.

Don't think so, they'll sacrifice some lesser FGer or create another scandal to deflect, rumours theres a few full freezers so the death of some old guard big name with lots of gushing in the Indo and Rte

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Don't think so, they'll sacrifice some lesser FGer or create another scandal to deflect, rumours theres a few full freezers so the death of some old guard big name with lots of gushing in the Indo and Rte

If he has done something wrong, the fact the Gards are now investigating means he will either be right or wrong.

There won't be any political cover up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hopefully somebody will bring forward a motion to have him step aside for the duration of the inquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hopefully somebody will bring forward a motion to have him step aside for the duration of the inquiry.

Paul Murphy springs to mind!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

McMurphy wrote: »
    This aged well.

Think you might owe Francie an apology for the "blatant lie" accusation there blanch.

#awkward.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1361018389016248320?s=19

What a pathetic state of affairs. In the middle of a pandemic, we have a doctor in Government whom we need at cabinet. The opposition instead of stepping up to the plate & into Government or heck even offering support from the sidelines decide to focus on Varadkar with incessant hate campaigns on twitter and all across social media. They dig up one story from pre pandemic times and some scum decides to get the Gardaí involved.
    Meanwhile the main opposition party who answer to a terrorist army council pretend to act virtuous. It would be funny if it wasn’t so serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭golfball37

The sad truth is it won’t be covered on any of the morning shows tomorrow. Morning Ireland might briefly mention it but newstalk won’t and Pat Kenny certainly won’t

Why? He’s leading Ireland through a crisis. What are you doing or those you support besides hurling from the ditch to help?

golfball37 wrote: »
    The sad truth is it won’t be covered on any of the morning shows tomorrow. Morning Ireland might briefly mention it but newstalk won’t and Pat Kenny certainly won’t

Ya it’s all just a conspiracy. Just like Trump said. It’s not like there’s a pandemic to discuss and people’s lives at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

What a pathetic state of affairs. In the middle of a pandemic, we have a doctor in Government whom we need at cabinet. The opposition instead of stepping up to the plate & into Government or heck even offering support from the sidelines decide to focus on Varadkar with incessant hate campaigns on twitter and all across social media. They dig up one story from pre pandemic times and some scum decides to get the Gardaí involved.
    Meanwhile the main opposition party who answer to a terrorist army council pretend to act virtuous. It would be funny if it wasn’t so serious.

The Garda are investigating #leotheliar, not the Shinners. If you've a problem I suggest you take it up with GSOC.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    The Garda are investigating #leotheliar, not the Shinners. If you've a problem I suggest you take it up with GSOC.

Ah there’s the hashtag. So well trained and fast becoming a dangerous weapon against the Irish State.
    And of course the Gardai just started investigating off their own bat. Some pathetic scum bag didn’t make the complaint?
    And this as I already stated during a pandemic?

You want the opposition to just step up and "into government" without an election:confused:

As for the "pandemic" spiel, i've seen a few posts on twitter along the same vein as this, people implying that the rule of law should be put on hold, just because there's a pandemic etc. (Might even be from yourself)

There's not much of a connection* (*read as absolutely none) between Leo passing confidential documents to his pal in 2019, and the pandemic one year later.

He's proven himself to be, unprofessional, untrustworthy, and a liar.

These things can't be put on ice because there's a global pandemic you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,621 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Ya it’s all just a conspiracy. Just like Trump said. It’s not like there’s a pandemic to discuss and people’s lives at stake.

It is already set up.

When this dies and nothing becomes of this 'inquiry' we will have the usual howls of anger from people going on about how FG and the crony 'establishment' subvented the course of justice.

#Stealthevote etc....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,621 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Oh and they aren't even doing any official investigation yet, it's merely an investigation before an investigation.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2021/0214/1197046-politics/
    Gardaí said they are currently assessing whether to proceed with an investigation.

Regardless, I welcome the transparency we have in this state and the due process we offer people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I know what you mean, but I don't think any of them do much for us who pay high taxes.

The right support business the left the working tax payer. Broad generalisation i know. The con is the right support them who like to get up early and the left look after layabouts..
    After generations of FF/FG, the left still get blamed because the working tax payer gets a raw deal. Kinda funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If he has done something wrong, the fact the Gards are now investigating means he will either be right or wrong.

There won't be any political cover up.

He was wrong to pass a confidential document to his pal.
    The Garda will only decide if there was anything illegal, which I doubt. Even if there is he'll apologise and that'll be it. Forget it jack, its China town Dail Eireann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Ah there’s the hashtag. So well trained and fast becoming a dangerous weapon against the Irish State.
    And of course the Gardai just started investigating off their own bat. Some pathetic scum bag didn’t make the complaint?
    And this as I already stated during a pandemic?

It's scummy to report, what you think is, a crime?? :rolleyes: Or only when #leotheleak has committed the crime?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,348 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So we’re calling whistle blowers “scum” now?

The rubbish in the replies just confirm by point.
    I welcome transparency by the state? - While allowing the main opposition party to have connections to a terrorist organisation that has killed many innocent lives, answers to an army council, and seems to have no interest in putting ideas forward on how to get out of it. It seems most of their supporters or the opposition don’t care as long as the €350 keeps rolling in and other freebies.
    Sinn Fein didn’t want an all party national Government - this is what all the opposition should be in at the moment instead of playing political games. There is no credible job for the opposition to do at the moment as its not politics as usual - it’s a national crisis. It’s easy to see who’s on the gravy train to take tax payers money sitting as elected officials while they are unable to work as such during this time.

It's only 0845 on a Mon morning, and already its Sinn Feins fault Leo passed a confidential document to his pal, for what seems like no other reason than to boost his ego.

Who'd have thought.

Getting a dig in at those on the PUP too. Classy.

No wonder they're (FG) losing support hand over fist.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,348 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I welcome transparency by the state? - While allowing the main opposition party to have connections to a terrorist organisation that has killed many innocent lives, answers to an army council, and seems to have no interest in putting ideas forward on how to get out of it. It seems most of their supporters or the opposition don’t care as long as the €350 keeps rolling in and other freebies.
    Sinn Fein didn’t want an all party national Government - this is what all the opposition should be in at the moment instead of playing political games. There is no credible job for the opposition to do at the moment as its not politics as usual - it’s a national crisis. It’s easy to see who’s on the gravy train to take tax payers money sitting as elected officials while they are unable to work as such during this time.

Just to be clear: do you retract your earlier contention (you used it more than once) that whistle blowers are “scum”?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Objectively look at the scenario and put whatever FG v SF notion you have to the side. It is is a huge problem in Irish politics that people cannot put alliances to the side and support at all costs. It's is very petty and immature actually and doesn't reflect well on the nation.

Do you agree what Varadkar did was wholly and inconceivably wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Is it OK for Varadkar to pass a CONFIDENTIAL document to his buddy, if it is fair enough, presumably all CONFIDENTIAL documents can then be passed around to whoever might like to see them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement