Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    It's only 0845 on a Mon morning, and already its Sinn Feins fault Leo passed a confidential document to his pal, for what seems like no other reason than to boost his ego.

Who'd have thought.

Getting a dig in at those on the PUP too. Classy.

No wonder they're (FG) losing support hand over fist.

Now that Meehawl has taken the sting out the Shinnners and Lefties campaign, the lads try to swing the heat back on Leo.

Already sputtering like a damp squib in a rainstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

What a pathetic state of affairs. In the middle of a pandemic, we have a doctor in Government whom we need at cabinet.

The same doctor that publicly attacked NPHET for reccomending level 5 last November? Yeah, his medical opinion is invaluable....

And yes, there should be no accountability for the government because of the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

The rubbish in the replies just confirm by point.
    I welcome transparency by the state? - While allowing the main opposition party to have connections to a terrorist organisation that has killed many innocent lives, answers to an army council, and seems to have no interest in putting ideas forward on how to get out of it. It seems most of their supporters or the opposition don’t care as long as the €350 keeps rolling in and other freebies.
    Sinn Fein didn’t want an all party national Government - this is what all the opposition should be in at the moment instead of playing political games. There is no credible job for the opposition to do at the moment as its not politics as usual - it’s a national crisis. It’s easy to see who’s on the gravy train to take tax payers money sitting as elected officials while they are unable to work as such during this time.

Opposition bashing doesn't distract from the fact the Gardai are investigating alleged wrong doing. I'm not aware of any current opposition parties required to make statements to the Gardai.

The €350 you refer to rolling in, I presume a subtle dig at necessary supports in place but of course the €350 figure is fantasy when it comes to the majority of PUP recepients, the figure is infact lower at €300 down to €203 PW.

This story got legs when it transpired Slimey Harris, Voluntarily gave a statement to Gardai, I wonder how that became Public Knowledge. I'm not aware Gardai advise the public generally someone has made a voluntary statement regardless who they are. I suspect Leaky might be wondering were this and other info is coming from, Me thinks internally, but of course leaking generally nothing new to Leo, it's just the shoe is on the other foot now. What's more curious is Harris making a voluntary statement without it would seem encouragement from Gardai and it would appear this happened quite some time ago.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

The same doctor that publicly attacked NPHET for reccomending level 5 last November? Yeah, his medical opinion is invaluable....

And yes, there should be no accountability for the government because of the pandemic.

The same doctor had spent most of the early months of this current government undermining it and was only reigned in when he went up against NPHET and was royally slapped. He's lost all the credibility he once had at the start of this pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Ah the replies are hilarious and true to form. I was actually looking for a new party to follow. I sat down and studied Sinn Fein. I looked at their candidates and what they had to say for weeks. They are a dangerous organisation in my opinion, with links to a terrorist organisation and also serious online bullying issues. They’re a democratic states worst nightmare, terrorist link plus the online Trump model.
    I’ve much more respect for Labour under Alan Kelly or Roisin Shortall and the social democrats. They are who the main opposition parties should be.
    Their witch-hunt against Varadkar is dangerous, they’re vilifying him on twitter and spreading misinformation. It resulted in coffee being thrown at him last summer, it could have been a lot worse. I saw one poster editing something he said saying the Irish population were ‘naive’ when he was actually discussing the New Zealand population in medical terms in relation to Covid.

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Is it OK for Varadkar to pass a CONFIDENTIAL document to his buddy, if it is fair enough, presumably all CONFIDENTIAL documents can then be passed around to whoever might like to see them.

This is what has been lost in all the blind defence/critism of varadkar....

what went on here sets a dangerous precedent ......and would in any normal country,be a pretty serious crime

the critism of leaking mother and baby home report,rings hollow in light of defending this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Now that Meehawl has taken the sting out the Shinnners and Lefties campaign, the lads try to swing the heat back on Leo.

Already sputtering like a damp squib in a rainstorm.

You're still sticking to this spiel yeah?:D

I could've sworn the yanks uninvited Michaél to the states, which would mean he was left with little room to maneuver, let alone "take the sting" out of anything.

Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to bren? The monthly sh1ts and giggles would be a welcome break to lockdown monotony. :D

Dempo1 wrote: »
    The same doctor had spent most of the early months of this current government undermining it and was only reigned in when he went up against NPHET and was royally slapped. He's lost all the credibility he once had at the start of this pandemic.

You see? What a pathetic answer. The Government are supposed to Govern and go against NPHET’s advice where they see fit taking into other considerations besides Covid. NPHET are not elected and are an advisory body.
    Imagine using ‘going against NPHET’ as a slogan - so under the opposition NPHET are the all powerful Government that Sinn Fein will hide behind? How pathetic.

You see? What a pathetic answer. The Government are supposed to Govern and go against NPHET’s advice where they see fit taking into other considerations besides Covid. NPHET are not elected and are an advisory body.
    Imagine using ‘going against NPHET’ as a slogan - so under the opposition NPHET are the all powerful Government that Sinn Fein will hide behind? How pathetic.

Your obsession with all things SF is evident, I've not mentioned them once but would suggest you look at recent opinion polls?

The Government are supposed to govern but in a coherent manner, not with mixed messaging actively pushed by Leaky Leo. Government can also go against NPHET advice but let me think about that...............

........... Ah yes, Christmas 2020, how did that go again?

1200 dead thanks to "living with covid plan"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

If government had ignored NPHETs advice and listened to Dr. Leo we would be in an even worse position than we are now. So tell me, why do think Leo's medical experience is such a fundamental component of this government when he was so emphatically proven to be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If he is charged, what will he be charged with?

What is the penalty?

1200 dead thanks to "living with covid plan"

No, going against clear public health advice.

Let's not start deflecting from the main issue this Thread is dealing with.

Your obsession with all things SF is evident, I've not mentioned them once but would suggest you look at recent opinion polls?

The Government are supposed to govern but in a coherent manner, not with mixed messaging actively pushed by Leaky Leo. Government can also go against NPHET advice but let me think about that...............

So to summarise
    - Let’s get a hashtag in my reply to keep our online mob in action as I’ve no proper replies to offer.
    - Let’s use Christmas 2020 as a tool to hit the Government with despite the arrival of a new variant and NPHET recommending household visits would be permitted. What about a huge chunk of the population that just didn’t listen, had lock ins at pubs, etc, - is that on the Government too? Mary Lou was on tv in November giving an interview on the news stating she supported the Government lifting of restrictions. Why retrospectively pretend they didn’t? Is this because their support base don’t notice or care as long as they’ve the latest hashtag in action?
    - So you’re saying because people support Sinn Fein they can do what they like? Do you agree with Trump’s approach? He had support too. A lot of Sinn Fein supporters seem to be Trump supporters - go figure.

Misinformation?

It wasn't coffee, it was a smoothie boss.

How's the hunt going for "smoothie girl" btw?

Strange the YFG random stranger hasn't been apprehended as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Leo is a doctor by education. I don't want to take that away from him cos he earned it and fair play

But as a career politician in the Dail from his mid 20s -his actual medical knowledge and experience is very limited.

You're still sticking to this spiel yeah?:D

I could've sworn the yanks uninvited Michaél to the states, which would mean he was left with little room to maneuver, let alone "take the sting" out of anything.

Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to bren? The monthly sh1ts and giggles would be a welcome break to lockdown monotony. :D

Of course Randal, you have access to all the discussions and cross talk, which went on in lead up to Paddies Day?

You sat in in the White House and Oireachtais virtual meetings ?

You listened into the planning meetings and discussion as to whether it feasible to go or stay?

Or did you think that Meehawl sat by the telephone waiting for an invite, doing nothing, contributing nothing, with the suitcase packed with half a dozen hard-boiled eggs and a sod of Shamrock in a pint glass.

You are some horse,Randall, I’ll give you that.

Give The Phoenix or some other rag a bell, they might be able to dig up some other ‘controversy’ which would fill the month till mid March.

Maybe follow up some of the tourists who booked appointments to get a new top set fitted In Tenerife,but never showed up.

So to summarise
    - Let’s get a hashtag in my reply to keep our online mob in action as I’ve no proper replies to offer.
    - Let’s use Christmas 2020 as a tool to hit the Government with despite the arrival of a new variant and NPHET recommending household visits would be permitted. What about a huge chunk of the population that just didn’t listen, had lock ins at pubs, etc, - is that on the Government too? Mary Lou was on tv in November giving an interview on the news stating she supported the Government lifting of restrictions. Why retrospectively pretend they didn’t? Is this because their support base don’t notice or care as long as they’ve the latest hashtag in action?
    - So you’re saying because people support Sinn Fein they can do what they like? Do you agree with Trump’s approach? He had support too. A lot of Sinn Fein supporters seem to be Trump supporters - go figure.

It's almost a year to the day that the subject of the thread was fawning all over Trump and managed to reveal, in his sycophancy, that he has been doing planning favours for said Trump...narrowly avoided an inquiry there...go figure!

Of course Randal, you have access to all the discussions and cross talk, which went on in lead up to Paddies Day?

You sat in in the White House and Oireachtais virtual meetings ?

You listened into the planning meetings and discussion as to whether it feasible to go or stay?

Or did you think that Meehawl sat by the telephone waiting for an invite, doing nothing, contributing nothing, with the suitcase packed with half a dozen hard-boiled eggs and a sod of Shamrock in a pint glass.

You are some horse,Randall, I’ll give you that.

Give The Phoenix or some other rag a bell, they might be able to dig up some other ‘controversy’ which would fill the month till mid March.

Maybe follow up some of the tourists who booked appointments to get a new top set fitted In Tenerife,but never showed up.

It's almost like you would welcome a distraction from discussing Leo, leaking confidential documents, and AGS taking an interest in same boss.....

Be handy for you if we're discussing Michaél being taken off the invite list - rather than talking about Leo potentially breaking the law, wouldn't it bren.....

Take it to the Michaél thread Brenner >>>>>>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Ah the replies are hilarious and true to form. I was actually looking for a new party to follow. I sat down and studied Sinn Fein. I looked at their candidates and what they had to say for weeks. They are a dangerous organisation in my opinion, with links to a terrorist organisation and also serious online bullying issues. They’re a democratic states worst nightmare, terrorist link plus the online Trump model.
    I’ve much more respect for Labour under Alan Kelly or Roisin Shortall and the social democrats. They are who the main opposition parties should be.
    Their witch-hunt against Varadkar is dangerous, they’re vilifying him on twitter and spreading misinformation. It resulted in coffee being thrown at him last summer, it could have been a lot worse. I saw one poster editing something he said saying the Irish population were ‘naive’ when he was actually discussing the New Zealand population in medical terms in relation to Covid.

Leo had a smoothie thrown over him, same as Farage and same as Tommy Robinson had. Strangely when it happened the latter two, it was extremely funny to the left.

Whilst I agree with SF being dangerous, saying they have a "Trump" model is barmy. They want an amnesty on all illegals in Ireland to be allowed stay and want to bring back anchor babies. They are just as liberal as Labour or the SDs and the alphabet soup goons.

• Advertisement

It's almost like you would welcome a distraction from discussing Leo, leaking confidential documents, and AGS taking an interest in same boss.....

Be handy for you if we're discussing Michaél being taken off the invite list - rather than talking about Leo potentially breaking the law, wouldn't it bren.....

Take it to the Michaél thread Brenner >>>>>>>>

Heh heh Randal, almost as soon as Meehawl and Joe decided it was not a good idea to go to the States this year, this Leo business ‘suddenly’ sprung up again:D

Parnell Square nearly threw a fit as Meehawl pulled the rug from under them and decided to open up the alleged ‘leak’ business straight away.

Randall, surely an intelligent lad like yourself isn’t taken in by that ‘coincidence’.

#firstroundko

Heh heh Randal, almost as soon as Meehawl and Joe decided it was not a good idea to go to the States this year, this Leo business ‘suddenly’ sprung up again:D

Parnell Square nearly threw a fit as Meehawl pulled the rug from under them and decided to open up the alleged ‘leak’ business straight away.

Randall, surely an intelligent lad like yourself isn’t taken in by that ‘coincidence’.

#firstroundko

For this to be factual,it would require harris,gaurds,varadkar and shinners all in on it together to undermine martin??

Looks to me,harris & varadkar tried to slip this out unnoticed due to a preceived sh1tstorm about to unfold surronding the paddys day trip, (relaistically everyone taught that would rumble on until mid-week)

But then either biden or martin scuppered their plans and it was too late to stop it,coming out

Doherty neatly refocusing the issue here and keeping those who circled the wagons in the frame.

On Newstalk Breakfast this morning, Sinn Féin finance spokesperson Pearse Doherty said the story Minister Varadkar told the Dáil “really unravelled as more and more information has come to the public light.”

He noted that Sinn Féin has never accused Minister Varadkar of breaking any laws, noting that Gardaí must now decide whether he has.

“The issue here is that Leo Varadkar has abused the office of the Taoiseach,” he said. “He has abused that office by providing a highly confidential document and providing it to his friends.

“His friend was the head of an organisation that were bitter rivals to the IMO. They were an organisation that were looking for influence, that were looking for members and were looking for subscriptions.

“That is what this was all about. That is why we put down the motion of no confidence and four months on,

https://www.newstalk.com/news/varadkar-would-lost-dail-confidence-vote-if-details-of-document-leak-were-known-sf-1150540?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1613384229

Interesting report from erstwhile Varadkar disciple, Hugh O'Connell on Claire Byrne too - this is causing ructions in the FG parliamentary party now, all sorts of skullduggery going on to prevent it being discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭golfball37

Ya it’s all just a conspiracy. Just like Trump said. It’s not like there’s a pandemic to discuss and people’s lives at stake.

It’s because there’s a pandemic honest leadership is needed more than ever to bring the people with them. The Trump comparison is apt only in the sense they both believe lies are acceptable

Ah there’s the hashtag. So well trained and fast becoming a dangerous weapon against the Irish State.
    And of course the Gardai just started investigating off their own bat. Some pathetic scum bag didn’t make the complaint?
    And this as I already stated during a pandemic?

For the record, are you referring to the senior official from the Department of Health who has turned whistleblower as a "Pathetic scumbag"?
    The Irish Mail on Sunday has learned a team of detectives under Detective Superintendent Ken Keelin are investigating after a Department of Health whistleblower made a complaint..

Hmmm lot of scuttling around here from Parnell Sq and Connolly House.

The months worth of lambasting Meehawl was scuppered and straight away a new supposed ‘ controversy’ suddenly springs up and the ‘wheels ‘ in here suddenly sprung out of their slumber ,and if one is anyway intelligent one can immediately see the connection.

Of course some less informed folk will try to bluff and bluster and try to denigrate others.

There is a definite correlation in the activity as the lads up on the hills start stirring the worker ants.

The usual auld low grade flak can’t deflect this master stroke...............#1stroundko.

Hmmm lot of scuttling around here from Parnell Sq and Connolly House.

The months worth of lambasting Meehawl was scuppered and straight away a new supposed ‘ controversy’ suddenly springs up and the ‘wheels ‘ in here suddenly sprung out of their slumber ,and if one is anyway intelligent one can immediately see the connection.

Of course some less informed folk will try to bluff and bluster and try to denigrate others.

There is a definite correlation in the activity as the lads up on the hills start stirring the worker ants.

The usual auld low grade flak can’t deflect this master stroke...............#1stroundko.

The Biden administration, the media, the Gardai, the Shinners and senior whistleblower from within the department of health have all conspired to get this story out on Leo, immediately after Michaél was severely embarrassed by being told to stay in Ireland this Saint Patrick's Day?

As conspiracy theory shyt goes, that's out there Bren. Completely out there.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

A total load of bulldust and a complete sideshow.

Absolute waste of time. No crime committed. If you think AGS will be sending any files to the DPP you're naive in the extreme.

More pathetic stuff from the shinnerbot twitts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

A total load of bulldust and a complete sideshow.

Absolute waste of time. No crime committed. If you think AGS will be sending any files to the DPP you're naive in the extreme.

More pathetic stuff from the shinnerbot twitts.

Lots of lads on the verge of creaming their frillies across a few threads over the last 24 hours.

Very undignified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Do we need a dedicated FG deflection thread ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement