Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I don't think he'll do bird, but it should be the final nail in his political career. I can't see Harris being the type to lie to the Gardai because i think he knows he'd crumble under pressure of questioning and that would be the end of his career too. Could be a case of et tu Simon. Hopefully.

Hahahaha

What do you think is happening? Two hard-ass detectives working Simon over doing the good cop bad cop routine . Harris breaking down and telling all as they fetch him a McDonald's and rub his back and tell him its alright and he did the right thing...hahah

It's a formality. They'll take a short statement. The conclusion months from now will be no laws broken. It's funny how excited shinnerbots are getting about it. Literally nothing will come of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    I know you have nailed your colours to the mast firmly on this one, holding the opinion that a crime has been committed.

Well, I don't see the story on the front page of the RTE website, neither does it seem to appear on the front page of the Independent website, so I really don't get the seriousness of it. Gardai will conclude preliminary enquiries and confirm that no crime has been committed. In line with your normal standards, I am sure that you will confirm that Leo has been completely exonerated.

This is awkward....

IMG-20210215-122023.jpg

So, now with your detailed and in-depth opinion on something appearing on the front page of RTE, by your standards, does this now mean it is serious?

**Reverse, reverse, reverse!**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

McMurphy wrote: »
    Aaahhh welcome back to the thread paddy.

This has matured well all things considered, hasn't it?

It has yeah. The thread should have been locked at the time. It was just you in here chasing your tale rabbitting on about Frances Fitzgerald. They could have opened it up again when there was further developments.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Tpcl20 wrote:
    He's a cretin because he did it to bump up his friend, professionally, socially, financially etc. Also he downplayed the seriousness of it so that he wouldn't get in trouble. Also he continues to deny that it was wrong even though it plainly benefitted himself (his self-importance in the eyes of others, pathetic) and his friend (cronyism).

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people in this thread when the Garda investigation comes to nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Hahahaha

What do you think is happening? Two hard-ass detectives working Simon over doing the good cop bad cop routine . Harris breaking down and telling all as they fetch him a McDonald's and rub his back and tell him its alright and he did the right thing...hahah

It's a formality. They'll take a short statement. The conclusion months from now will be no laws broken. It's funny how excited shinnerbots are getting about it. Literally nothing will come of it.

I abhor Sinn Fein. I'd much rather the crooks of FFG we have in DE stayed, better the devil you know.

He went in with a pre-prepared statement. I'm sure he wouldn't want to have given the Gardai a false statement. He already lied in the Dail and got caught out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I can't see Harris being the type to lie to the Gardai

I think there is one thing we can be reasonably confident of, he isn't the type of guy who will sit in the interview room, pick a spot on the wall, and utter 'no comment' every couple of minutes. He definitely talks in his sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I know you have nailed your colours to the mast firmly on this one, holding the opinion that a crime has been committed.

Well, I don't see the story on the front page of the RTE website, neither does it seem to appear on the front page of the Independent website, so I really don't get the seriousness of it. Gardai will conclude preliminary enquiries and confirm that no crime has been committed. In line with your normal standards, I am sure that you will confirm that Leo has been completely exonerated.

Its on the RTE website and front page of the Irish Times and Examiner, RTE also has a story of the Indo trying to block court inspectors
    https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0215/1197177-leslie-buckley/

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people in this thread when the Garda investigation comes to nothing.

If won't matter, Leo is damaged goods now, he has admitted to being untrustworthy, unprofessional, and worst of all, exposed as a liar.

Being investigated by the NCBI, the same unit of AGS who are more used to investigating the Kinihan cartel, and dissident republicans etc will no doubt do wonders for Leo's street cred though.

He'll prob get an "only God can judge me" tattoo now on his arm, and walk through the halls of Leinster House like he owns the place, the two Simons in tow, like young ducklings following their mammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Wait a minute...YOU are the very poster who proceeds to a guilty verdict IF the allegations are about specific people.

By your criteria Varadkar is already guilty. A garda investigation is pointless.

Funny to see this, your conversion to being a democrat when it comes to Leo and FG, it's a bit like the DUP hiding behind the GFA now, when it suits them.

In my opinion, Varadkar broke the law, but he is innocent until proven guilty.

No, I consider the law, the evidence, and reach reasonable conclusions.

For example, Gerry Adams told one story to a TV programme, another to the PSNI and the court. I didn't conclude that he is a perjurer (there is no offence in lying to a TV programme), but I did conclude that he was a liar. Make no apologies for that, as the evidence is clear.

In this case, there is simply no evidence of a crime. I do not understand how you hold your opinion that he broke the law, without ever having been able to tell us which part of what law he broke. It seems to be little more than a feeling in your bones, unless you can point to the relevant clause of legislation.

We previously had you and others saying that Leo broke restrictions when in the Phoenix Park. Even the Daily Mirror didn't fall for that one.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/leo-varadkar-phoenix-park-photos-22081182

Even Pearse has said that he wasn't accusing Leo of breaking the law in the link you provided today. So time to get off the ditch, get on the field of play, and back up your accusation with relevant links to the legislation.

RTE also has a story of the Indo trying to block court inspectors
    https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0215/1197177-leslie-buckley/

What has that to do with Leo?

• Advertisement

Oh, they won't see that, they will double down and claim that the investigation was nobbled.

It is amazing that no matter how many times they have been egg-faced by their Leo accusations, that they come back for more.

McMurphy wrote: »
    If won't matter, Leo is damaged goods now, he has admitted to being untrustworthy, unprofessional, and worst of all, exposed as a liar.

Being investigated by the NCBI, the same unit of AGS who are more used to investigating the Kinihan cartel, and dissident republicans etc will no doubt do wonders for Leo's street cred though.

He'll prob get an "only God can judge me" tattoo now on his arm, and walk through the halls of Leinster House like he owns the place, the two Simons in tow, like young ducklings following their mammy.

Peaky Blinders theme playing in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

No, I consider the law, the evidence, and reach reasonable conclusions.

For example, Gerry Adams told one story to a TV programme, another to the PSNI and the court. I didn't conclude that he is a perjurer (there is no offence in lying to a TV programme), but I did conclude that he was a liar. Make no apologies for that, as the evidence is clear.

In this case, there is simply no evidence of a crime. I do not understand how you hold your opinion that he broke the law, without ever having been able to tell us which part of what law he broke. It seems to be little more than a feeling in your bones, unless you can point to the relevant clause of legislation.

We previously had you and others saying that Leo broke restrictions when in the Phoenix Park. Even the Daily Mirror didn't fall for that one.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/leo-varadkar-phoenix-park-photos-22081182

Even Pearse has said that he wasn't accusing Leo of breaking the law in the link you provided today. So time to get off the ditch, get on the field of play, and back up your accusation with relevant links to the legislation.

You have convicted so many times on the basis of allegations I have lost count.

Own it. And stop trying to divert to the Shinners.

This is Leo's mess coming back to haunt Leo and FG. Not to mention those who circled the wagons.

Let the Gardai do their work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I find it side splitting that the only people who are so adamant about this being Leo's howler are Sinn Féin supporters. Creaming themselves over a complete non story.

The Gards are just following SOP and they will send a file to the AG who will put an elastic band around it and phuck it in the corner.

Get over yourselves, it is a total non-story and only the haters are trying to escalate it.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I find it side splitting that the only people who are so adamant about this being Leo's howler are Sinn Féin supporters. Creaming themselves over a complete non story.

The Gards are just following SOP and they will send a file to the AG who will put an elastic band around it and phuck it in the corner.

Get over yourselves, it is a total non-story and only the haters are trying to escalate it.

Leaking confidential.documents is now a non-story.....quite telling how low standreds in public office have fallen under this government

If RTE or the newspapers thought there was something in this, it would take over from the virus and be running with three or four separate stories about it all day long. It barely gets a mention with some of them.

On here, those rules don't apply, and people without a single shred of evidence can pontificate that in their opinion Leo broke the law, and they don't even have a clue which part of what law they are talking about. Low-quality bullsh!t is the order of the day from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Sadly they are, perhaps read previous post more carefully. This has nothing to do with SF or other opposition parties, albeit they've been good enough to raise it ligitmately. Its about Leaky Leo and some have hijacked the thread trying to deflect the real issue, a sitting Taoiseach allegedly being quite naughty.

I don't see a former Taoiseach offering to make a statement to Gardai a none story.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Leaking confidential.documents is a non-story.....quite telling how low standreds in public office have fallen under this government

FG have always been fine with criminality so long as its for profit, they only get worked up when its for a cause

This is awkward....

IMG-20210215-122023.jpg

So, now with your detailed and in-depth opinion on something appearing on the front page of RTE, by your standards, does this now mean it is serious?

**Reverse, reverse, reverse!**
    If RTE or the newspapers thought there was something in this, it would take over from the virus and be running with three or four separate stories about it all day long. It barely gets a mention with some of them.

On here, those rules don't apply, and people without a single shred of evidence can pontificate that in their opinion Leo broke the law, and they don't even have a clue which part of what law they are talking about. Low-quality bullsh!t is the order of the day from them.

The reversing started. Just like I predicted it would.

Is it OK for Varadkar to pass a CONFIDENTIAL document to his buddy, if it is, fair enough, presumably all CONFIDENTIAL documents can then be passed around to whoever might like to see them.

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Is it OK for Varadkar to pass a CONFIDENTIAL document to his buddy, if it is, fair enough, presumably all CONFIDENTIAL documents can then be passed around to whoever might like to see them.

Who decides what is confidential and when it is no longer confidential?

CONFIDENTIAL emblazoned across each page is the first clue, after that the fact that it hasn't been released to anybody would be another clue

Well LeotheLeak is on Dail record as stating that the file was confidential when he sent it. So, it no longer being confidential is just a deflection from the facts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Sadly they are, perhaps read previous post more carefully. This has nothing to do with SF or other opposition parties, albeit they've been good enough to raise it ligitmately. Its about Leaky Leo and some have hijacked the thread trying to deflect the real issue, a sitting Taoiseach allegedly being quite naughty.

I don't see a former Taoiseach offering to make a statement to Gardai a none story.

As I said, enjoy it while it lasts.

But everyone who likes Leo just thinks it is a waste of time.

Talking of timing, it is also another terrible example of Sinn Féin jumping the gun and not thinking things through. If they could wait another 10 months the story would have 10 times as much credence or pertinence as Leo would be just about getting ready to take over as Taoiseach and maybe someone in FF might decide to throw someone under a bus.

Witless.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    CONFIDENTIAL emblazoned across each page is the first clue, after that the fact that it hasn't been released to anybody would be another clue

The first clue is nonsense, because I have seen thousands of documents with CONFIDENTIAL emblazoned across each page, very easy to watermark using Microsoft Word. Nothing illegal in that.
    Well LeotheLeak is on Dail record as stating that the file was confidential when he sent it. So, it no longer being confidential is just a deflection from the facts.

What does the confidentiality of that document mean in a legal context?

The first clue is nonsense, because I have seen thousands of documents with CONFIDENTIAL emblazoned across each page, very easy to watermark using Microsoft Word. Nothing illegal in that.

Are you saying it wasn't a confidential document?

If he didn't contravene the legislation then it WASN'T wrong.

Would be interested to know if this view is still held around here.

What does the confidentiality of that document mean in a legal context?

It means not to be shared with your mates. It was so confidential that the Health minister was turned down when he requested a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Would be interested to know if this view is still held around here.

Why did he apologise if nothing 'wrong' was done?
    The Gardai are investigating we will see if they agree with Leo and it was 'wrong'.

There will be 'radio' silence on this until they pass judgement. Which is normal.

• Advertisement

Can see unions refusing to deal with the government if this isn't shown to be punished, Harris and Varadkar heading for the back benches with Josepha holding court till they can return,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement