Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

McMurphy wrote: »
    I certainly wasn't being condescending, I have merely asked you on three or four separate occasions now, if the documents Leo sent were confidential or not.

You are going around the houses, jumping up and down, throwing shapes and talking about stuff no-one asked your opinion on.

Anything at all to avoid answering the question put to you.

Yep jumoing up and down, throwing shapes and running around in circles tying themselves up in knots sounds like a disciple of Varadkar. Fits the MO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I certainly wasn't being condescending, I have merely asked you on three or four separate occasions now, if the documents Leo sent were confidential or not.

You are going around the houses, jumping up and down, throwing shapes and talking about stuff no-one asked your opinion on.

Anything at all to avoid answering the extremely simple question put to you.

How do I know? What does my opinion matter?

Maybe they were confidential docs? Maybe they weren't?

The fact of the matter is that he is getting away with it? What I or you think about that now is insignificant.

All that is happening now is that Sinn Féin are resorting to whipping a dead horse. It is done.

I wouldn't sweat it either, there will be a new outrage next week. Hold tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    How do I know? What does my opinion matter?

Maybe they were confidential docs? Maybe they weren't?

The fact of the matter is that he is getting away with it? What I or you think about that now is insignificant.

All that is happening now is that Sinn Féin are resorting to whipping a dead horse. It is done.

I wouldn't sweat it either, there will be a new outrage next week. Hold tight.

Are you suggesting SF control SIPO and An Garda?

SF control everything, EVERYTHING. 😀

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Frank baby, I have enough, I am off for my dinner. You take care buddy.

Let's discuss next time, but something relevant and pertinent to the future and survival of this great country. I am seriously bored ranting pedantic over nothing.

At the end of the day a draft document that was public knowledge was leaked to an ambitious slimeball who subsequently used it to boast to an acquaintance that he somehow had the Taoiseach in his pocket. That's the story. Everyone knows it is not as sinister as it is being construed.

I farted at a dinner party 4 years ago and blamed the person sitting next to me, I got away with it. People get lucky sometimes. Lucky Leaky Leo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

At the end of the day a draft document that was public knowledge was leaked to an ambitious slimeball who subsequently used it to boast to an acquaintance that he somehow had the Taoiseach in his pocket.

Why did he have to leak a document that was public knowledge? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    On what legal basis did the government consider it confidential? If the government did indeed consider it confidential.

https://www.irisoifigiuil.ie/welcome/

"Iris Oifigiúil is the official means used by the Government for announcing appointments to public offices and publishing proclamations, statutory instruments, appointment of receivers to companies, etc."

Maybe you could link me to the relevant issue of Iris Oifigiul where the government published its proclamation that this document was confidential?

Never claimed there was or was not a legal basis. You are playing the fool and dishonestly so if you are claiming you are unaware of or not familiar with confidentiality within the workplace which included documents only for the consumption of certain people. You are embarrassing yourself the more you persist. The government, health department deemed it confidential. So it was confidential. There doesn't need be a legislation or law pertaining to it, but there could be. The Garda are looking into that.

Desperate.

How is it possible to know whether a document is confidential or not, until the legal basis of confidentiality has been made clear?

It's a completely dishonest line of baloney you are chancing here.
    Do you really want explained to you that a document can be confidential without a binding legal document stating it is? Didn't you say you worked in the civil service or had knowledge of it? Can I walk in and read any file or document I like? Or are they all accompanied by their own affidavit or legislation deeming them 'confidential'? :)

I agree, but not every pregnancy carries as much significance as another.

Like for example, some people develop phantom pregnancies were they believe they are pregnant and yet it is a complete delusion.

Confidential pregnancies... I have heard it all now.

This is getting like 'There are known knowns and some knowns are unknown knowns'.... :)
    Leo admitted he leaked a confidential document. That's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Where in the Collins report was she absolved for misleading her Taoiseach and the Dail?

Will I count to a million while you get me that part?

What an odd way to respond.

'Aha, you didn't use the form of words I thought you should use, therefore you are not sincere'.

Johnny Mcmurfy, meet Francine.

Now, before either of you go on about shiny ****es or chicken bites, or the square root of whatever, or how your milkshake brings more boys to your yard...

You need to sort this out between yourselves.

It seems that Johnny thinks there is one rule, and Francine thinks there is another rule.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

So after a full day posting what have we decided?
    Do we know who made the complaint?

When is Leo meeting the Garda? are they going for pints after?maybe a few beers in the park if the weather is good?

Social distancing of course

atticu wrote: »

Now, before either of you go on about shiny ****es or chicken bites, or the square root of whatever, or how your milkshake brings more boys to your yard...

It seems that Johnny thinks there is one rule, and Francine thinks there is another rule.

???

When is Leo meeting the Garda? are they going for pints after?maybe a few beers in the park if the weather is good?

Bowes tweeted that he had made a complaint to the Gardai back when it came to light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

I think we're still debating the definition of confidential. I'd quote the post but the user typed confidential above it so I'm not sure if I should

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I have literally no idea what point you think you're making here (and posted in a different thread to) I've read, and reread this post a few times, and it's still mumbo jumbo I'm afraid, not very coherent at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

I think we're still debating the definition of confidential. I'd quote the post but the user typed confidential above it so I'm not sure if I should

:pac:

So after a full day at it you have ended up trying to work out what the meaning of the word "Confidential" is?

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/confidential

Sorted, any more fires you need me to put out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭blackcard

Does Leo remind you of Vince Vaughan?

blackcard wrote: »
    Does Leo remind you of Vince Vaughan?

There's a TV show my kids watch and there's an actor in it who always reminds me in Leo.

If Leo ever wants to hire a body double, he needs to get on to Tom Diaz from "Stuck in the middle"

141762-0692.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Never claimed there was or was not a legal basis. You are playing the fool and dishonestly so if you are claiming you are unaware of or not familiar with confidentiality within the workplace which included documents only for the consumption of certain people. You are embarrassing yourself the more you persist. The government, health department deemed it confidential. So it was confidential. There doesn't need be a legislation or law pertaining to it, but there could be. The Garda are looking into that.

Desperate.

Thank you.

If there wasn’t a legal basis for confidentiality, then there wasn’t a breach of legislation to breach the confidentiality and therefore somebody is wasting Garda time with a frivolous complaint.

Glad we got that cleared up.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Are you for real? Seriously you are using a public site like boards to compare it to a confidential government document. Now you are really starting to look like a complete idiot here with that sort of carry on.

First you were comparing a lunch menu to a confidential document and now you are comparing it to a public discussion board.

As I asked before are you WUM or TROLL or something because I can't believe any right thinking person would try compare an official government confidential document that had not been released to the public to a lunch menu or to public discussion site?

Well, I am still asking four months later for the legal definition of confidentiality and the lads on here that are crying and screaming for Leo’s head still haven’t provided it,

One would think that they don’t have a clue what it is, or that Leo has got inside their head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Well, I am still asking four months later for the legal definition of confidentiality and the lads on here that are crying and screaming for Leo’s head still haven’t provided it,

One would think that they don’t have a clue what it is, or that Leo has got inside their head.

Go to bed!

We've had enough laughs for one day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Adding nothing to the thread. Take 48 hours off.

Thank you.

If there wasn’t a legal basis for confidentiality, then there wasn’t a breach of legislation to breach the confidentiality and therefore somebody is wasting Garda time with a frivolous complaint.

Get on to Helen tell her what i said i didn't know, that should put a stop to it :)
    If you're looking for me to exonerate Leo, move on.
    The Garda will decide i'd imagine.
    All I know for sure, 100% is Leo leaked a confidential document to his pal and its being investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Thank you.

Boards poster unfamiliar with common law definition of 'confidentiality' > case closed, frivolous complaint!

Glad to see you're still contributing 397 pages into this 'non-story'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Ireland2021

I think the Shinners are in your head more.

Leo is toast, deal with it. FG as a party will either stand behind him and lose even more votes (75 Seats to 35 seats in 9 years currently) or get rid of the liar and have respect back and maybe get more seats than the 35.

Leo is toast, deal with it. FG as a party will either stand behind him and lose even more votes (75 Seats to 35 seats in 9 years currently) or get rid of the liar and have respect back and maybe get more seats than the 35.

I can't understand why they are not doing this or maybe they are in the background but from what I can see the longer he stays there the worse it is for the FG party. I wonder what the odds are on both MM and LV leading FF and FG into the next election?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

That was a startling statistic to read, hard to imagine such a decline in popularity in such a short time. Had to check it to be sure and discovered it's actually 76 to 35.

Those numbers are so bad you would have to imagine the only way is up but then you've got the Leo factor still hanging around like a bad smell.

A once powerful party decimated in such a short time, incredible really.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Boards poster unfamiliar with common law definition of 'confidentiality' > case closed, frivolous complaint!

Glad to see you're still contributing 397 pages into this 'non-story'.

Well, if there is only a common law infringement on confidentiality, why are the Gardai investigating, when the action should be taken by the injured party (if any)?

Your answer only helps the argument that there is nothing to see here, other than bluster.

That was a startling statistic to read, hard to imagine such a decline in popularity in such a short time. Had to check it to be sure and discovered it's actually 76 to 35.

Those numbers are so bad you would have to imagine the only way is up but then you've got the Leo factor still hanging around like a bad smell.

A once powerful party decimated in such a short time, incredible really.

86% share of the vote between the power swap parties. Mid 40's now. Some decline.

• Advertisement

I don't know if it's already been mentioned on here, or has been overlooked.

Debbie McCann of the MOS stated in her article that Leo was under a criminal investigation, not a preliminary investigation. I think the mirror reported similar though I'd have to go back and check.

Apparently she's got very good sources within AGS, not sure off the veracity of that claim, but thought it worth pointing out regardless.

Time will tell.

IMG-20210216-102223.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement