Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Ireland2021

When is the result of the investigation into Bobby’s funeral being concluded.

Wasn’t Michelle O’Neill sitting deputy leader of NI interviewed?

Not so unusual maybe???

What has a funeral in Northern Ireland got to do with Leo lying to the Dail and the Gardai investigating his leaking of documents

Unless he leaked the docs to Mr Storey, i fail to see the relevance

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What has a funeral in Northern Ireland got to do with Leo lying to the Dail and the Gardai investigating his leaking of documents

Unless he leaked the docs to Mr Storey, i fail to see the relevance

A poster suggested that a politician being interviewed by police was unusual.

I merely responded and pointed out that it wasn’t, and showed an example.

Do you not see the relevance there, a chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Varadkar isn't the first FG TD and minister to be a person of interest to the Garda, mid 90s and much more serious offence wasnt it,

No need to be condescending a chara

It is unusual, there is a thread to discuss the matter on all things SF

This is about Leos leaks and the Gardai thinking there maybe something illegal in it, that they are giving it a full investigation.

Shouting SF this, SF that will only boast SF in the polls and elections so work away with the tactic that failed pre election

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Varadkar isn't the first FG TD and minister to be a person of interest to the Garda, mid 90s and much more serious offence wasnt it,

A person of interest?
    No need to be condescending a chara

It is unusual, there is a thread to discuss the matter on all things SF

This is about Leos leaks and the Gardai thinking there maybe something illegal in it, that they are giving it a full investigation.

Shouting SF this, SF that will only boast SF in the polls and elections so work away with the tactic that failed pre election

A full investigation?

Why is it that whenever Leo gets into the news certain posters go into overdrive and hyperbole imagining things beyond where we are? Is there something about Leo that annoys you so much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    ?
    A full investigation?

Why is it that whenever Leo gets into the news certain posters go into overdrive and hyperbole imagining things beyond where we are? Is there something about Leo that annoys you so much?

Why does he keep doing this to himself?

Yeah, it's been reported by several news outlets that it's a full criminal investigation, not a preliminary investigation.

I'm not sure of the veracity of Debbie McCann's claim, but I'm sure anyone can contact her by mail etc and ask her to clarify.

IMG-20210216-102223.jpg

A person of interest?

A full investigation?

Yes a full criminal investigation as reported by major newspapers in Ireland.

I dont make up stuff unlike yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Yes a full criminal investigation as reported by major newspapers in Ireland.

I dont make up stuff unlike yourself

Ah this is normal. As Trump said once "he could walk out on the street and shoot someone and get away it" well I think the defence shown in this thread of Varadkar this is the same. Varadkar has leaked a confidential document and he had admitted to this and yet there are still people trying to say that he did nothing wrong or that it wasn't confidential or that the i didn't have a dot and therefore it was ok for him to leak it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

seamus wrote: »
    It's a bit of both tbf, as the noise on this seems to be almost fully driven by Sinn Féin supporters online.

It's been clear since November, that there's very little to this. If there was a strong case to answer, Leo would have already been interviewed under caution and a file sent to the DPP.
    The fact that all we have at this stage is Varadkar offering to have a chat with the Gardai says that it's unlikely to go anywhere.

If true, does it matter? Leo did what he did. The Garda are investigating. Going after the whistleblower or critics is pure deflection.

I doubt he'll end up in sing sing. For me the main issue is him leaking the confidential negotiation document to his pal, the then head of a rival union. Apologising for it and the FF/Greens patting him on the head.

seamus wrote: »
    Neither Chas Bowes, the Gardai, nor this HSE person are filling threads online going on and on about it, or creating hashtags and desperately trying to make them "trend" like that means something.

FF/FG need to realise there's more than shinners have issues with FF/FG. FF/FG for a start. Folk within the Greens, that Aaron Forde chap etc. Sure even a young Leo Varadkar was often critical of departments he wasn't in.
    It's silly to cry shinners anytime FF/FG get found out IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I’d like to know where the Competition Authority is on this and the wishy washy insider hamdshaking standards in public office ‘committee’. Giving commercially sensitive data to your mate who is in the business prior to tendering or bidding for contracts is a fairly disgusting act. Nursing Homes, Toll Roads, National Aquatic Swimming Centre, etc etc - now medical data - and this at the same time they want to make everyones private medical files and personal health history available for interested parties to have access to and ‘use for research’ - who the f* is supposed to be running these organisations? CAB and CA & Ombudsman should be all over them- least of all the gardaí.
    What else is being shredding or leaked while this goes in- its a total farce.

I’d like to know where the Competition Authority is on this and the wishy washy insider hamdshaking standards in public office ‘committee’. Giving commercially sensitive data to your mate who is in the business prior to tendering or bidding for contracts is a fairly disgusting act. Nursing Homes, Toll Roads, National Aquatic Swimming Centre, etc etc - now medical data - and this at the same time they want to make everyones private medical files and personal health history available for interested parties to have access to and ‘use for research’ - who the f* is supposed to be running these organisations? CAB and CA & Ombudsman should be all over them- least of all the gardaí.
    What else is being shredding or leaked while this goes in- its a total farce.

I thought the broadband one was a laugh. The communications minister going for a meal with a bidder was shrugged off until the public got wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I thought the broadband one was a laugh. The communications minister going for a meal with a bidder was shrugged off until the public got wind.

Isn't that the first response to everything is to wave it off, nothing to see here and it's only when it doesn't go away does anything happen. We have seen it here on this thread with numerous posters dismissing the leaking of a confidential document as nothing to see here, he was ok to do it, it wasn't really confidential and the usual the public aren't interested excuse or SF made me do it.

If you here any of those excuses then you know it is something that needs to looked at.

A person of interest?

A full investigation?

You answered your own question.
    The chap tells lies and shows poor judgement. He's also prone to childish and bratty outbursts in interview, Dail questions and on social media.

Why have you spent so much energy trying to dismiss his being investigated by the Garda as a nothing when we know if it were MLMD, Clare Daly or Mick Wallace you'd start a thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I take it Leo will be pursuing the defamation case against the village still? They seem to be doubling down in today's issue.

https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE/status/1362727593766772736?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »
    I take it Leo will be pursuing the defamation case against the village still? They seem to be doubling down in today's issue.

I'd say they're all lawyered up petrified by the thoughts of it.

smurgen wrote: »

What defamation case?

The Garda investigation is still in the preliminary stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭golfball37

What defamation case?

Civil law is different animal. He can pursue that as he said he would regardless.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Civil law is different animal. He can pursue that as he said he would regardless.

I thought that he said that he wouldn’t?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

golfball37 wrote: »

He never said he was taking out a defamation case. The Village have been running this all along

He came out and said he was contacting his legal team at the start but nothing about a defamation case.

This lie has been fired up here a few times, by the same few people, every time it is answered, wait a few days and fire it back up again

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

What defamation case?

You better not get the Sunday Independent. Gardai looking to examine Leos phone records

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You better not get the Sunday Independent. Gardai looking to examine Leos phone records

And what was that re "Nothing to see here?????"

No doubt its still SF, Independents, PPP, SD, Dustin, Zig & Zag"s etc fault, Tut Tut :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Headline in Indo
    "Gardaí may seize Varadkar's phone records over leak"

Boards post
    Gardai looking to examine Leos phone records

Something got lost in translation
    The Garda might do 101 things during the investigation, Indo has to sell papers. As long as they stick "may" in front of everything they ain't lying

You mean this? “Gardaí may seize Varadkar's phone records over leak”?

And this? “According to Garda headquarters, the force is still carrying out preliminary inquiries into a complaint over the Tánaiste's leaking of the document.

However, gardaí say a full investigation into the controversy has not been launched at this stage.”

Headline in Indo
    "Gardaí may seize Varadkar's phone records over leak"

Boards post

Something got lost in translation
    The Garda might do 101 things during the investigation, Indo has to sell papers. As long as they stick "may" in front of everything they ain't lying

The headline is May seize, regardless, not a nice headline for Leo as he eats his weetabix this morning

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-may-seize-varadkars-phone-records-over-leak-40114193.html

Dempo1 wrote: »
    The headline is May seize, regardless, not a nice headline for Leo as he eats his weetabix this morning

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-may-seize-varadkars-phone-records-over-leak-40114193.html

Sure they "may" interview people on boards. They may go to the moon and ask the man does he know anything.

The word "may" says it all. I am sure Leo knows exactly via his legal team what the Garda are going to do long before the Indo does.

And this? “According to Garda headquarters, the force is still carrying out preliminary inquiries into a complaint over the Tánaiste's leaking of the document.

However, gardaí say a full investigation into the controversy has not been launched at this stage.”

Too much sense in this post. Off with you now.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

More damage to the FG party. All them elderly people who have always voted FG are seeing this wont go away and will start to doubt their great leader

The opposition are laughing away in the background

That's a slight contradiction on the Garda statement last week when it was clearly stated they were looking into matters, in plain English one would assume that suggests an enquiry /investigation whatever level it is?

Curious then why the independent would add the suggestion Leo's phone maybe seized in its headlines , Where's that info coming from?

This matter clearly not going away

• Advertisement

More damage to the FG party. All them elderly people who have always voted FG are seeing this wont go away and will start to doubt their great leader

The opposition are laughing away in the background

Really? how do you know?
    Please share

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement