Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Dempo1 wrote: »
    That's a slight contradiction on the Garda statement last week when it was clearly stated they were looking into matters, in plain English one would assume that suggests an enquiry /investigation whatever level it is?

Curious then why the independent would add the suggestion Leo's phone maybe seized in its headlines , Where's that info coming from?

This matter clearly not going away

Indo needs to sell papers. Probably fully aware the people who seem to dislike Leo will buy them if they run a story line.
    Once they put may in the title they can say whatever they want, nobody can come after them.
    Ask for a source and they will say they can't release. For all we know this is a lad in an office with some page space and just made it up out of thin air, or he could be 100% right.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Sure they "may" interview people on boards. They may go to the moon and ask the man does he know anything.

The word "may" says it all. I am sure Leo knows exactly via his legal team what the Garda are going to do long before the Indo does.

Not all sure I'd like a headline in any newspaper stating the Gardai May Seize my Phone'

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Indo needs to sell papers. Probably fully aware the people who seem to dislike Leo will buy them if they run a story line.
    Once they put may in the title they can say whatever they want, nobody can come after them.
    Ask for a source and they will say they can't release. For all we know this is a lad in an office with some page space and just made it up out of thin air, or he could be 100% right.

Fair enough re the headline but I hardly think its aimed at readers who don't like FG, As bad as its become, the indo doesn't just fill space with spurious headlines, there's obviously something stirring, I maybe wrong. Eitherway grass roots FG supporters must be seething this morning

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

Really? how do you know?
    Please share

Its an opinion. If it wasnt such a big deal you wouldnt be defending it anytime its brought up

Not all sure I'd like a headline in any newspaper stating the Gardai May Seize my Phone'

I’m sure that he’d just hand it over. No need for it to be seized!

• Advertisement

Its an opinion. If it wasnt such a big deal you wouldnt be defending it anytime its brought up

So you state it's an opinion.
    Every day on here we have posts saying "everyone hates Leo", "nobody votes for FG", "FF voters don't exist anymore" etc etc etc

The demise of every party except for SF is getting really old news at this stage. IN the opinion polls it tells a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

No. 1 rule when you have a workphone - get another for dealing with your friends/not friends.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    No. 1 rule when you have a workphone - get another for dealing with your friends/not friends.

That's Leo's real problem, he's not sure who his friends are :)

So you state it's an opinion.
    Every day on here we have posts saying "everyone hates Leo", "nobody votes for FG", "FF voters don't exist anymore" etc etc etc

The demise of every party except for SF is getting really old news at this stage. IN the opinion polls it tells a different story

Yes if i say something its an opinion. Same way your opinion is everything he done was grand and is just the opposition shouting, i disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He's real problem is that he doesn't seem to know appropriate conduct in a corporate or professional environment and thinking he's above the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

smurgen wrote: »
    He's real problem is that he doesn't seem to know appropriate conduct in a corporate or professional environment and thinking he's above the law.

You've hit the nail on the head right there smurgen.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Yes if i say something its an opinion. Same way your opinion is everything he done was grand and is just the opposition shouting, i disagree.

I didn't say "everything he done was grand". Please quote a post which says that?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Then they say keep you're friends close and your enemies closer. Your "not a friend but acquaintance" must be somewhere in the middle.

I like my friends and don't like my enemies. I'm a bit more indifferent on my acquaintances, some I like more than others but I don't think too much about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I would have thought that examining the Leak's phone records would be one of the first and most basic things the Gardai would do in any investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    I would have thought that examining the Leak's phone records would be one of the first and most basic things the Gardai would do in any investigation.

Well it depends, they've screenshots from Zero Craics phone, Leo has admitted to it, and there's potentially hardcopies floating about (you'd wonder what the senior Whistleblower from within health has handed over)

So in this case, I'd argue the importance of the phone at all. I'd even question whether Leo is still even using that phone as we're talking about something that happened during his time as Taoiseach, not exactly last week.

Let's hope Zero Craic, Leo, Simon Harris have their stories straight and that it isn't contradicted by the whistleblower, Bowes screenshots, or indeed the hardcopy in question, assuming it can be obtained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

McMurphy wrote: »
    Let's hope Zero Craic, Leo, Simon Harris have their stories straight and that it isn't contradicted by the whistleblower, Bowes screenshots, or indeed the hardcopy in question, assuming it can be obtained.

As Judge Judy might say, If you tell the truth you don't have to have a good memory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

Floppybits wrote: »
    Isn't that the first response to everything is to wave it off, nothing to see here and it's only when it doesn't go away does anything happen. We have seen it here on this thread with numerous posters dismissing the leaking of a confidential document as nothing to see here, he was ok to do it, it wasn't really confidential and the usual the public aren't interested excuse or SF made me do it.

If you here any of those excuses then you know it is something that needs to looked at.

That's just Irish culture. Many will be disappointed when nothing comes of all this but none will be surprised, because we are a nation that runs on a nod and a wink and an aversion to personal responsibility seems almost baked into our DNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

conorhal wrote: »
    That's just Irish culture. Many will be disappointed when nothing comes of all this but none will be surprised, because we are a nation that runs on a nod and a wink and an aversion to personal responsibility seems almost baked into our DNA.

Nothing was ever going to come of it, all that it is doing is embarrassing Varadkar and the FG party. It can't be nice seeing headlines like that about the leader of the party, or any political party for that matter. These phones and sim cards are long gone now. For them to be of any use they would have needed to seized before the story broke in the village magazine.

All this has done is damaged Varadkar more for those outside of FG. For FG supporters as we have seen on here think he did nothing wrong and he is still the messiah.

Leo getting plenty of bad attention for his tweet tonight.

Not a clue what he is doing

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So digging down, the Gardai have yet to decide whether a crime was committed.

Let's wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

blanch152 wrote: »

Let's wait and see.

That's not what the residents here want blanch... Jocks have been spoiled with splurges numerous times since the story "broke" months ago.

Let's wait and see.

What relevance has that to my post?

What relevance has that to my post?

What relevance has your post to anything?

I wasn't quoting your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

That's not what the residents here want blanch... Jocks have been spoiled with splurges numerous times since the story "broke" months ago.

Are you happy with your boss being questioned and having his 'phone requisitioned by Gardaí?

What relevance has your post to anything?

I wasn't quoting your post.

That Leos lies have caught up with him and most people people outside FG have seen it now

If this chaos of a Govt lasts until hes in charge, i can see FF bailing as it will be the only hope they have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Are you happy with your boss being questioned and having his 'phone requisitioned by Gardaí?

I work for myself Linn, mo chara. Who is my boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I work for myself Linn, mo chara. Who is my boss?

Leo the criminal?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Leo the criminal?

An investigation of this matter would be wrapped up in a week if there was nothing to see. The fact this is going on a while now tells us Leo could be in trouble

An investigation of this matter would be wrapped up in a week if there was nothing to see. The fact this is going on a while now tells us Leo could be in trouble

Gardai have been digging and digging and finding nothing. This is an equally tenable conclusion.

As I said, better to wait and see.

• Advertisement

Gardai have been digging and digging and finding nothing. This is an equally tenable conclusion.

As I said, better to wait and see.

So the Gardai keep digging and digging

Have nothing a few months on from the offical complaint

Its still reported in the main stream media today

The investigating is ongoing

Ministers have been questioned

Phones next

Nothing to see here at all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement