Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Floppybits wrote: »
    Not to keen on SF in government but then again FF and FG really can't be trusted either. Never again should any FF or FG supporter ever talk about the magic money tree again with the way they have behaved and another pay rise coming for them as well.

I have high hopes for the Soc Dems but I would like to see a bit growth from them at the local lever to really start making an impact at government level. I admired them when they made the decision not to go in with this government as it would've ruined them as a party, which is probably what FF/FG/LAB/GRN supporters wanted.

That's it. FF/FG are not fit so look at the options. SF will look after the tax payer. They might make a balls but it'll be in trying to organise social housing at least.

FF/FG/Greens excuse slipping confidential documents to pals, commemorate people such as the RIC/Tans and would argue Ireland isn't an island. Then of course theres the record breaking societal crises less important than making profits for their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

That's it. FF/FG are not fit so look at the options. SF will look after the tax payer. They might mke a balls but it'll be in trying to organise social housing at least.

I really thought in 2011 there was a real chance to make a big change to this country like slimming down the public service in area's where it needs to be and then expanding in the areas that need it, kinda like what happens in the private sector day in day out but no it was actually more of the same but this time it was even worse. I don't think I can ever forgive FG for that similar to Micheal Martin screwing up the chance to really transform the health service when creating the HSE but alas that opportunity was also wasted.

I really thought in 2011 there was a real chance to make a big change to this country like slimming down the public service in area's where it needs to be and then expanding in the areas that need it, kinda like what happens in the private sector day in day out but no it was actually more of the same but this time it was even worse. I don't think I can ever forgive FG for that similar to Micheal Martin screwing up the chance to really transform the health service when creating the HSE but alas that opportunity was also wasted.

Me too. I thought I'm not a supporter of FG, had given a nod from time to time, but I totally bought into the idea that we were so ****ed all the messing would be put aside. How wrong was I. If they were ever going to put the people first or tackle the HSE it was then or never.
    You had Varadkar talking up the mother and baby home report and criticising elements in the same breath. Then he was lamenting how reports are published and nothing happens like he's an outside observer. Complete chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Was this the Ireland that is no longer an island or some other place. Still chuckling at that one today. :D

They do tie themselves in some knots at times. I laughed my sack off at that one. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just on the topic of criminality within the Fine Gael party it was good to see one of their ilk locked up in prison for two years today.
    A married couple, who are former solicitors, have been jailed for defrauding a number of banks and credit unions of almost €400,000. Keith Flynn, 46, and 37-year-old Lyndsey Clarke, of Blarney Street in Cork city, created more than 60 false identities, donned disguises and paid homeless people for PPS numbers in order to carry out the fraud.

Judge Seán Ó Donnabháin sentenced Flynn to four years in prison taking into account his plea and cooperation. He sentenced Clarke to two years in prison due to a difference in their circumstances. The pair appeared before Cork Circuit Criminal Court today for sentencing after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit fraud at a previous hearing last October.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0222/1198600-keith-flynn-lyndsey-clarke-court/

Here is Lyndsey in happier times when she ran as a Fine Gael candidate

lyndsey-clarke-with-taoiseach-enda-kenny-during-the-local-elections-in-2014__766768_.jpg?content=1

Lyndsey is settling into a 2 year prison stretch tonight. She got off lightly given she committed financial fraud not once, not twice but three hundred and eighty four times. And in a move that is pure Fine Gael she used homeless people to do it, the ironing is strong in this one.

The good news is that Leo can take solace in the fact that he is not the only member of Fine Gael who is known to Gardai
    icon14.png

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just on the topic of criminality within the Fine Gael party it was good to see one of their ilk locked up in prison for two years today.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0222/1198600-keith-flynn-lyndsey-clarke-court/

lyndsey-clarke-with-taoiseach-enda-kenny-during-the-local-elections-in-2014__766768_.jpg?content=1

Lyndsey is settling into a 2 year prison stretch tonight. She got off lightly given she committed financial fraud not once, not twice but three hundred and eighty four times. And in a move that is pure Fine Gael she used homeless people to do it, the ironing is strong in this one.

The good news is that Leo can take solace in the fact that he is not the only member of Fine Gael who is known to Gardai
    icon14.png

FG the law and order party.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Feisty little cracker, in fairness.

I know dam well if I said that others (not yourself bren) wouldn't take but more than 3 seconds to tell me I was misogynistic or some other horse crap.

I agree with you too. 110%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

She'd have you on the homeless register in a week

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

One can but only imagine the trumpeting from the high moral ground had they been connected to guess who. 'Like mastodons bellowing across the primeval swamps' they would have been, as P.G. would have said. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

That's it. FF/FG are not fit so look at the options. SF will look after the tax payer. They might make a balls but it'll be in trying to organise social housing at least.

FF/FG/Greens excuse slipping confidential documents to pals, commemorate people such as the RIC/Tans and would argue Ireland isn't an island. Then of course theres the record breaking societal crises less important than making profits for their own.

SF will look after the taxpayer must be one of the funniest things I've read on this forum...and that's saying something!

SF will look after the taxpayer must be one of the funniest things I've read on this forum...and that's saying something!

Was it funnier than Enda saying he'd end the trolley crisis, or Leo saying putting Michaél in as Taoiseach would be like putting John Delaney back in charge of the FAI?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Was it funnier than Enda saying he'd end the trolley crisis, or Leo saying putting Michaél in as Taoiseach would be like putting John Delaney back in charge of the FAI?

Or Enda saying he would cut down on quangos and we ended up with more or managing the budget for the NCH or national broadband. Or Ireland no longer being an island.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

McMurphy wrote: »

Just give it time;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Muahahaha wrote: »

icon14.png

Some scumbags. The Garda national economic crime bureau will have to get their own office at FG HQ at this rate.

“They created eight different PPS numbers. They asked rough sleepers for their PPS numbers,” Det. Garda McCarthy said."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40231397.html?type=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Good insight. I suppose FF/FG do? Or is everything bad down to the leftist conspiracy?
    Social housing builds over leasing luxury apartments for 25 years would be a start.

How many billions has FF/FG cronyism and incompetence cost the tax payer, or looking after their own in the private housing sector cost the tax payer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭golfball37

The children’s hospital saga alone is worthy of never seeing power again for a generation imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

Not much talk out of the leak latletly.

I hear there's going to be another bad story about him in tomorrows papers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

What is it?

• Advertisement

He's had no phone

What is it?

I seen photos of himself and zero craic in the Taoiseach office posing in front of the well known pacifist, and absolutely not a member of the nasty IRA Michael Collins on Twitter yesterday, which I hadn't seen before.

I personally think Leo was playing down their friendship level.

Not sure what is lined up for tomorrow's paper though. Just pointing out that the issue hasn't gone away yet, and new info keeps emerging.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

He's had no phone
    Lost his phone? Has he spoken to the Gardai about it?

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    Lost his phone? Has he spoken to the Gardai about it?

Regards...jmcc

He's decing if he donated it to charity, lost it or exchanged it. His PR team are doing a focus group to see which garners more sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The story is dead at this stage folks.

Well into flogging a dead horse territory now.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

padd b1975 wrote: »

Dead? The Gardai havnt finished their investigation yet

Dead? The Gardai havnt finished their investigation yet

Sure they have.

Lol.

padd b1975 wrote: »

Let them have their fun. They’ve got little else to distract themselves at the moment. Silly Season has been extended for the duration.

Let them have their fun. They’ve got little else to distract themselves at the moment. Silly Season has been extended for the duration.

You're right of course.

If there was ever going to be repercussions they would have happened within a week, two at the most.

• Advertisement

He's decing if he donated it to charity, lost it or exchanged it. His PR team are doing a focus group to see which garners more sympathy.

I'm going with Slushie damage,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement