Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Leo = Toast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nobotty wrote: »
    I thought from its title it was a thread about the village accusations :confused:
    Its the general leo thread now is it
    Explains why its busy so I suppose
    I couldnt give a sh1te about him unless theres something new and dramatic
    There isn't
    Nothing preached to the converted here will do him any harm
    No regulars here are floating FG or SF voters
    All minds are made up in this place long and ever ago
    Its all predictable tit for tat
    Good place for venting

It's no longer accusations. We know he did it. It's up to the Garda if any further action will be taken, the FF/FG/Greens have no regard or respect for such things.
    Minds are made up as he confessed.
    I suggest you read over the thread and see who's looking to derail or sideline it. We've folk making up things like people saying others said Leo would be in jail :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

It's no longer accusations. We know he did it. It's up to the Garda if any further action will be taken, the FF/FG/Greens have no regard or respect for such things.
    Minds are made up as he confessed.
    I suggest you read over the thread and see who's looking to derail or sideline it. We've folk making up things like people saying others said Leo would be in jail :)

Its still just an accusation that he broke the law
    The people that accept why he did what he did with or without condoning it are not for turning and neither are the opposite views

The people that accept why he did what he did with or without condoning it are not for turning and neither are the opposite views

That's true. But he did it. It's not an accusation that he did it. Whether any law was broke is a different matter, he did what he was accused of. If he's found not to have broken the law, he still did it.
    He did it to try appease potential supporters. That's been shown. He lied, that too has been shown. The only outstanding issue is are people okay with it and if the Garda find it was illegal or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,891 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It is a simple matter to me. The Taoiseach has the responsibility of deciding what is best. There were clear public policy reasons to share the document - ensuring that the other representative group of doctors was on board - so unless there was some personal benefit, which is silly speculation and conspiracy theory, then there is absolutely nothing to see and nothing wrong.

The only thing he has conceded is that the way he shared the document was wrong. A bit like someone in the office using the colour printer to print black and white.

• Advertisement

That's true. But he did it. It's not an accusation that he did it. Whether any law was broke is a different matter, he did what he was accused of. If he's found not to have broken the law, he still did it.
    He did it to try appease potential supporters. That's been shown. He lied, that too has been shown. The only outstanding issue is are people okay with it and if the Garda find it was illegal or not.
    The story accused him of breaking the law ,the official secrets act
    Without proceedings taken against him thats just an accusation
    The rest of the story doesnt matter a fig to his voter base
    Most of them either accept his intentions completely or accrpt them but would have done what he says he was trying to do more conventionally

What specifically did he lie about?
    I dont remember that specefic
    Not saying he didnt but Remind me
    Lie is a word used with gay abandon these days towards politicians people dont like,so Id like to know if thats the case here

As regards what he did,if its not illegal and doesnt alienate his voter base,then its just another Vent
    Im not expecting the Gardaí to persue the matter in the courts to be honest
    A perfectly acceptable vent in the same way I've to listen to any other vent on any other politician or vent myself

blanch152 wrote: »
    It is a simple matter to me. The Taoiseach has the responsibility of deciding what is best. There were clear public policy reasons to share the document - ensuring that the other representative group of doctors was on board - so unless there was some personal benefit, which is silly speculation and conspiracy theory, then there is absolutely nothing to see and nothing wrong.

The only thing he has conceded is that the way he shared the document was wrong. A bit like someone in the office using the colour printer to print black and white.

We don't live in a dictatorship. The document was deemed confidential. He leaked it to a pal. He apologised so he disagrees with your take here.
    No there where not. It was a negotiation document, a private matter between the union and the health department. Varadkar leaked/passed the confidential document to his pal, the then head of a rival union.
    He did it to try garner support.

You contradict yourself with this ending.
    Your opinion is your own.

The story accused him of breaking the law ,the official secrets act
    Without proceedings taken against him thats just an accusation
    The rest of the story doesnt matter a fig to his voter base
    Most of them either accept his intentions completely or accrpt them but would have done what he says he was trying to do more conventionally

What specifically did he lie about?
    I dont remember that specefic
    Not saying he didnt but Remind me
    Lie is a word used with gay abandon these days towards politicians people dont like,so Id like to know if thats the case here

As regards what he did,if its not illegal and doesnt alienate his voter base,then its just another Vent
    Im not expecting the Gardaí to persue the matter in the courts to be honest
    A perfectly acceptable vent in the same way I've to listen to any other vent on any other politician or vent myself

He was accused of leaking the document. He apologised for leaking the document. Whether it was illegal or not, he still leaked the document.
    It being illegal was considered as a possibility, not the PR spin/lies from one commentator that many were saying he'd go to jail :rolleyes:

It's important we hold representatives to account, the higher the more so. Trying to dismiss or shut down such discussion is dangerous IMO. It won't always be your team under the microscope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

It is a simple matter to me. The Taoiseach has the responsibility of deciding what is best.

So you'd have no problem with Taoiseach Mary Lou McDonald emptying the Stephens Green dungeons and couriering them to 51 Falls Road

He was accused of leaking the document. He apologised for leaking the document. Whether it was illegal or not, he still leaked the document.
    It being illegal was considered as a possibility, not the PR spin/lies from one commentator that many were saying he'd go to jail :rolleyes:

It's important we hold representatives to account, the higher the more so. Trying to dismiss or shut down such discussion is dangerous IMO. It won't always be your team under the microscope.

The story has the hashtag leothelawbreaker in the villages tweets and also claims the law was broken
    Its feckin central to it
    Where did vradakar lie about it,specifically,is what I asked you
    My recollection is he gave an explanation
    It didnt higher or lower him in my eyes
    Im already not voting for him,never in a month of sundays
    But want to know where he lied about this which is what you said he did

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    So you'd have no problem with Taoiseach Mary Lou McDonald emptying the Stephens Green dungeons and couriering them to 51 Falls Road

Sometimes I wonder, really.

What Stephens Green dungeons? That is a new one to me. Is that where the government stores its adrenochrome?

It is a simple matter to me. The Taoiseach has the responsibility of deciding what is best.

What Stephens Green dungeons? That is a new one to me. Is that where the government stores its adrenochrome?

OK I'll make it easier for you. So you'd have no problem with Taoiseach Mary Lou McDonald passing a document marked CONFIDENTIAL to anybody outside of Government

OK I'll make it easier for you. So you'd have no problem with Taoiseach Mary Lou McDonald passing a document marked CONFIDENTIAL to anybody outside of Government

Why do you think I oppose Sinn Fein ever being let into government?

Going on what happens in the North, she won't need to do that, every convicted terrorist will be given a job as an advisor or on a board.

The story has the hashtag leothelawbreaker in the villages tweets and also claims the law was broken
    Its feckin central to it
    Where did vradakar lie about it,specifically,is what I asked you
    My recollection is he gave an explanation
    It didnt higher or lower him in my eyes
    Im already not voting for him,never in a month of sundays
    But want to know where he lied about this which is what you said he did

I never claimed he broke the law. Many would have wondered. That would explain that hash tag.
    He claimed he leaked it to bring more GP's into the discussion. Based on the messages he did it fearful of losing support. Also it was a confidential document, he betrayed the trust between the union and department of health.
    For me him leaking the document to his pal is the issue. He did that.

Going on what happens in the North, she won't need to do that, every convicted terrorist will be given a job as an advisor or on a board.

Dodge, deflect...

69320971.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Take it Erica won't be canvassing for FG next election

Did you have difficulty with the question?
    Would you have a problem with Taoiseach Mary Lou McDonald passing a document marked CONFIDENTIAL to anybody outside of Government. It's a very simple question

I never claimed he broke the law. Many would have wondered. That would explain that hash tag.
    He claimed he leaked it to bring more GP's into the discussion. Based on the messages he did it fearful of losing support. Also it was a confidential document, he betrayed the trust between the union and department of health.
    For me him leaking the document to his pal is the issue. He did that.

Right,so he didnt lie about anything in relation to this contrary to what you told me
    I do wish the lie word wasnt used unless theres a definite lie
    We all know at this stage the opinion of people predisposed to disliking vradakar and you vent that well
    But its crucial to add ,enough people are not interested such that his party are still 6 points higher than at the last election
    Thats democracy
    Different people make songs and dances about different things and theyre often mutually exclusive poisition takers on topics
    Mostly probably,in fact
    No one floating in this venting chamber

SF looking at likely 50+ seats if there was an election soon, even with 10 less seats FF would still be an option, SF even contemplating coalition with FG would be too much for many supporters,

Can't see Sinn Fein getting 50 seats. They will lose a few next time out, as well as gaining as the likes of Reada and Violet are unelectable now that people see them for what they are.

FG have always been fine with criminality so long as its for profit, they only get worked up when its for a cause

So where's the court cases?

• Advertisement

So where's the court cases?

You might have missed my post above

Would you have a problem with Taoiseach Mary Lou McDonald passing a document marked CONFIDENTIAL to anybody outside of Government. It's a very simple question

You might have missed my post above

He'd have a problem with anything She did probably
    But to be brutally honest,Id be surprised if as Taoiseach Mary Lou didnt have a good read of all inteligence on the IRA less than 30 years old at the request of high up Republicans
    Id have no problem with that as I dont see Republicans as a threat to anyone at this stage
    We'd never hear about it
    Obviously FF and FG people would have a problem
    It would be a tad more serious than industrial relations docs

But to be brutally honest,Id be surprised if as Taoiseach Mary Lou didnt have a good read of all inteligence on the IRA less than 30 years old at the request of high up Republicans
    Id have no problem with that as I dont see Republicans as a threat to anyone at this stage
    We'd never hear about it
    It would be a tad more serious tgan industrial relations docs

It shouldn't be an overly challenging question to answer for him/her though, he/she is showing some reticence.
    It would be a tad more serious tgan industrial relations docs

It is either right or wrong for a Taoiseach to leak a CONFIDENTIAL document, if it is OK for one Taoiseach to leak a CONFIDENTIAL document (as he/she claims) then it has to be OK for any Taoiseach to leak a CONFIDENTIAL document, yea, or am I missing something here?

Right,so he didnt lie about anything in relation to this contrary to what you told me
    I do wish the lie word wasnt used unless theres a definite lie
    We all know at this stage the opinion of people predisposed to disliking vradakar and you vent that well
    But its crucial to add ,enough people are not interested such that his party are still 6 points higher than at the last election
    Thats democracy
    Different people make songs and dances about different things and theyre often mutually exclusive poisition takers on topics
    Mostly probably,in fact
    No one floating in this venting chamber

He claimed he leaked the document to bring more GPs in to the discussion. He apologised and that claim was a lie. The lie was shown in the whatsapp messaging. The discussion was on losing support from his pals members, not inclusion, which is complete bull**** as the negotiations were private and the document confidential :)
    Hardly crucial. A poll? It could change tomorrow, that's if you put weight in such things.
    I've not supported a party since 2011, even then I'd give others a nod. Can't speak for others on here.
    The idea that any criticism must be biased and along party lines says more about you AFAIC.
    We know a lot of people who previously voted FG went elsewhere. Do you think these people were hardcore FG and are now hardcore elsewhere? That doesn't seem likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

We'd never hear about it
    It would be a tad more serious than industrial relations docs

Do you honestly think there are any Garda files that any of the three parties can't access,

He claimed he leaked the document to bring more GPs in to the discussion. He apologised and that claim was a lie. The lie was shown in the whatsapp messaging. The discussion was on losing support from his pals members, not inclusion, which is complete bull**** as the negotiations were private and the document confidential :)
    Hardly crucial. A poll? It could change tomorrow, that's if you put weight in such things.
    I've not supported a party since 2011, even then I'd give others a nod. Can't speak for others on here.
    The idea that any criticism must be biased and along party lines says more about you AFAIC.
    We know a lot of people who previously voted FG went elsewhere. Do you think these people were hardcore FG and are now hardcore elsewhere? That doesn't seem likely.
    I read those whatsapps and didnt come to the conclusions you did
    I did see someone petulant bigging up his relationship with vradakar
    I also saw manipulating and agenda driving going on that wouldnt inspire me towant to draw any conclusions at all
    On the polls Dont shoot the messenger,is all I'm saying
    Theres no need to be getting defensive
    If you think a large core of centre right voters are going away,Id expect you to be disappointed
    Ive dealt with enough of them to know their view and mine differ
    They wont merge
    Lifes too short for over venting
    Thats why I only give the odd look in here these days
    I'm not a fan of explaining what makes me happiest other than its not titting and tatting immoveable opinions
    I'll pop back in when theres new information,Ive expected that from the get go to be news that the investigation is closed

Do you honestly think there are any Garda files that any of the three parties can't access,

Yup
    Only the Taoiseach can access those,I believe probably after requesting them from the justice minister
    If theres any other method,you can let me know
    Just on my post,though they wont directly say it,Id imagine its the biggest reason FG FF and labour dont want to do business with Sinn Féin

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

Many in FF are prepared to speak to SF.

Many in FF are prepared to speak to SF.

Well 2,dont exaggerate :D
    Eamon o'Caoimh being one
    That excites me no end....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yup
    Only the Taoiseach can access those,I believe probably after requesting them from the justice minister
    If theres any other method,you can let me know
    Just on my post,though they wont directly say it,Id imagine its the biggest reason FG FF and labour dont want to do business with Sinn Féin

Get a lad who can access them make a copy, and then courier them to you......

NINTCHDBPICT000527796914-1-e1570303684597.jpg

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement