Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Sure:

This was some time ago yet you are still on it today:

Another 'nothing to see here theory':

A standard in these parts:

This is your first post in the thread:

It's fair to say you've covered all the bases.
    So as I say, since day one all you've done is question the reported facts, dismiss and supply excuses.

None of the above shows me "questioning the reported facts" as you had claimed James. So you found nothing to back up your statement is the conclusion essentially?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

smurgen wrote: »
    The troubles is simple in your world yet something like a contract being confidential or not is nuanced. Lol.
    Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Does this sentence even make sense? What are you trying to say?
    blanch152 wrote: »
    I couldn’t understand it either.

the issue is with ye two because it makes sense to me. pretty standard english I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Does this sentence even make sense? What are you trying to say?

That it's a simple issue. This is a diversion tactic of Fine Gaelers. Your lot are quiet black and white when it's the other side being judged yet there's a muddying of the waters/nuanced when it's your crowd. Simply put it's not rocket science.its binary. A document is confidential or it isn't.

the issue is with ye two because it makes sense to me. pretty standard english I would have thought.

Can you dumb it down for me so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Originally Posted by blanch152 View Post
    It is a simple matter to me. The Taoiseach has the responsibility of deciding what is best.
    Your understanding is flawed.

I gave an example earlier whereby the GRA and PDFORRA are parties to the national pay agreements but don’t form part of the negotiations but get copies of confidential discussion documents. All perfectly normal.

Do you think it would be OK for any Taoiseach to give a copy of a document marked CONFIDENTIAL to his/her buddy.

• Advertisement

That it's a simple issues. Yet this is a diversion tactic of Fine Gaelers. Your lot are quiet black and white when it's the other side being judged yet there's a muddying of the waters/nuanced when it's your crowd. Simply put it's not rocket science.its binary. A document is confidential or it isn't.

You seem very confused, what scenario for the "other side" are you on about here where I saw it as black and white? I think you must have me confused with someone else. I only have one account on here :)

Can you dumb it down for me so?

It is simple enough as it is.

You seem very confused, what scenario for the "other side" are you on about here where I saw it as black and white? I think you must have me confused with someone else. I only have one account on here :)

I think he was wrong and I have no problem saying it, Varadkar knows he was wrong (and admitted it eventually), why can't you say you think (and it's only your opinion) whether he was right or wrong. There won't be repercussions for you. What do you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That is a lie.

Varadkar said that the way he shared it was wrong, but he never said he was wrong to share it.

As for your relentless pursuit of posters to give black and white answers to pejorative questions, it fails to take into account all the complexities of the situation. Life isn’t black and white.

Should have used barbershop quartet instead of courier?

He apologised for slipping it to his pal. He gave excuses why he shared it, but didn't say he was right to share it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    It is a simple matter to me. The Taoiseach has the responsibility of deciding what is best.

Do you think it would be OK for any Taoiseach to give a copy of a document marked CONFIDENTIAL to his/her buddy.

I just gave you an example of where confidential documents are shared with those not party to an agreement!!!!!!!

Whether or not the person the document being shared with is a buddy or not is immaterial. What matters is whether there is a public policy reason for the person to receive the document.

• Advertisement

It is simple enough as it is.

So simple you can spell it out for me so. Thanks

I think he was wrong and I have no problem saying it, Varadkar knows he was wrong (and admitted it eventually), why can't you say you think (and it's only your opinion) whether he was right or wrong. There won't be repercussions for you. What do you think.

Did you respond to the wrong post?

I just gave you an example of where confidential documents are shared with those not party to an agreement!!!!!!!

Whether or not the person the document being shared with is a buddy or not is immaterial. What matters is whether there is a public policy reason for the person to receive the document.

Yea but do you think it's OK for any Taoiseach to give a copy of a document marked CONFIDENTIAL to his/her buddy, you seem to think it is but are reluctant to confirm it

So simple you can spell it out for me so. Thanks

would you like it in words of one syllable? do you really need somebody to explain basic english to you? I can send you links to introductory english classes if you like?

Did you respond to the wrong post?

No, you hadn't come back to me so it was the handiest way of re-asking the question.

If a Sinn Fein Taoiseach leaked a confidential document in the manner Leo Varadkar did to whomever they seen fit would you think it to be an okay thing to do?

No, you hadn't come back to me so it was the handiest way of re-asking the question.

I answered it for you a page or two back already. You didn't like my answer, and thats fine, but I don't see the point in asking me again and again?

If a Sinn Fein Taoiseach leaked a confidential document in the manner Leo Varadkar did to whomever they seen fit would you think it to be an okay thing to do?

It depends on the situation. If you put McDonald in Varadkar's shoes for this exact same scenario then yes absolutely. It depends on the scenario and the facts at hand. I look at the facts, not the person.

Can you answer my question though as to what you are referring to with the black or white remark?

I answered it for you a page or two back already. You didn't like my answer, and thats fine, but I don't see the point in asking me again and again?

Apologies if you did answer it already, I may have missed it, can you point me to it please.

would you like it in words of one syllable? do you really need somebody to explain basic english to you? I can send you links to introductory english classes if you like?

Yes. Please explain the basic English to me and send me some links to introductory classes.

Thanks a million!

• Advertisement

Apologies if you did answer it already, I may have missed it, can you point me to it please.

Sure. It is one or two pages back in this thread.

You are welcome.

If you put McDonald in Varadkar's shoes for this exact same scenario then yes absolutely. It depends on the scenario and the facts at hand

So it's OK to leak some documents marked CONFIDENTIAL, but not OK to leak other documents marked CONFIDENTIAL, is that what you are saying

Sure. It is one or two pages back in this thread.

You are welcome.

To save me the search, can you please reply again, and it's only a simple yes or no

To save me the search, can you please reply again, and it's only a simple yes or no

I'm sure you will manage just fine with the search. As I answered at the time, it is not a binary yes or no answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

None of the above shows me "questioning the reported facts" as you had claimed James. So you found nothing to back up your statement is the conclusion essentially?

I don't think you read my post it literally shows you questioning the facts from day one to present day.
    Look you can play away, no skin off my nose. I've pointed it out and we all know the facts.
    You seem to be getting testy with folk. Maybe we'll leave it.

It depends on the situation. If you put McDonald in Varadkar's shoes for this exact same scenario then yes absolutely. It depends on the scenario and the facts at hand. I look at the facts, not the person.

Can you answer my question though as to what you are referring to with the black or white remark?

Republicans = bad. Everyone else = good. Especially during the troubles. It's black and white. For you right? No nuanced necessary?

I'm sure you will manage just fine with the search. As I answered at the time, it is not a binary yes or no answer.

Has the edict issued to be careful about answering any questions

I don't think you read my post it literally shows you questioning the facts from day one to present day.
    Look you can play away, no skin off my nose. I've pointed it out and we all know the facts.

Which one of those has me questioning the confirmed facts? One of them quotes you chose even has me questioning a poster for suggesting MOT was Varadkars bit on the side. How is that questioning the facts exactly?

Unless you think that is factual?

How you think you have backed up your original point with those quotes is beyond me. Truly.

If you put McDonald in Varadkar's shoes for this exact same scenario then yes absolutely. It depends on the scenario and the facts at hand

So it's OK to leak some documents marked CONFIDENTIAL, but not OK to leak other documents marked CONFIDENTIAL, is that what you are saying

• Advertisement

Republicans = bad. Everyone else = good. Especially during the troubles. It's black and white. For you right? No nuanced necessary?

Don't believe I have ever once posted about the troubles on boards mate. Clearly you are confused and have mixed me up with someone else.

You've done this before too by claiming I was "up in arms" about something, and it turned out I hadn't posted about it at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement