Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Has the edict issued to be careful about answering any questions

As I said, I answered the question for you. I'm sorry I can't give you a binary answer to a nuanced situation, but its the best I can do.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    As I said, I answered the question for you. I'm sorry I can't give you a binary answer to a nuanced situation, but its the best I can do.

So is it ok to leak some documents but not others

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cute Hoor, copying and pasting the same post(s) is hardly discussion, in fact it's been plain trolling the last page or two. Back to discussion please

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

https://twitter.com/BowesChay/status/1366659651232817153

At least Leo is learning something new:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Which one of those has me questioning the confirmed facts? ....

Okay so;
    I'm pretty sure it was the actual agreement that was shared, not a negotiation document? Perhaps I am remembering wrong, but I am almost certain it was the draft of the actual GP agreement itself.

'Pretty sure' code for wishful thinking or guessing? Question the printed fact it was a confidential negotiation document.
    The only reason there is a story here is because the NAGP were never given official status to represent GPs, despite the GPs in their membership being double that of the IMO. The real story here is why NAGP werent given a seat at the table for the earlier negotiations, not why were they given a copy once it was done.

Here you are suggesting the story is not the story.

Your first post on the thread, questioning the reported facts.
    I'm a bit confused here. Does that tweet by the village magazine show the extent of their evidence for the story? If so, then I can understand why none of the mainstream news published it.

Whether it's true or not, there is nothing in those screenshots that points to any wrongdoing. I hope there is some actual damning evidence in the article itself? Cos otherwise they took a major legal risk here.

So yeah, questioning the facts since day one. The casual observer shtick is played out.

• Advertisement

Okay so;

'Pretty sure' code for wishful thinking or guessing? Question the printed fact it was a confidential negotiation document.

Here you are suggesting the story is not the story.

Your first post on the thread, questioning the reported facts.

So yeah, questioning the facts since day one. The casual observer shtick is played out.

Once again, none of the above is "questioning the facts" and repeating that it is over and over isn't going to make it true.

Must have been pretty disappointing to dig through all my old posts in this thread to try and prove a point, and the best you could come up with were those ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I didn't report any of your trolling posts Cute Hoor, just to clarify that. The Mod must have spotted them himself. Happy to accept your apology for the above post before you scuttle off. :)

You are a tad over sensitive, to the point of trolling (must look up what it means), where did I say that you had gone running to mamma. I'm not going to be able to respond to any more posts as I will probably get banned for doing so.

You are a tad over sensitive, to the point of trolling (must look up what it means), where did I say that you had gone running to mamma. I'm not going to be able to respond to any more posts as I will probably get banned for doing so.

Given you are hung up about leaving me to "the nuanced binary posting" in your post, it was clearly directed at me.

It is also against the rules to accuse another poster of trolling, as you have just done. Report me if you feel like I am trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

So it's OK to leak some documents marked CONFIDENTIAL, but not OK to leak other documents marked CONFIDENTIAL, is that what you are saying

Vradakar briefs his parliamentary party on government positions not yet announced every week and 5 mins later its in a journalists tweet or live on tbe news at 9
    Theres nothing outragrous anymore
    Full Documents that shouldnt be are shared right left and centre all over the shop in work places and always have been,its the lazy way to get things done
    I've done it,if Im to be honest
    In the 21st century,youd have to be thinking twice about that though because if an enemy in a workplace gets their hands on it,trouble can be created
    Once the document leaves your hands,its left your control
    That appears to be whats gone on here
    Its provided fodder in the dáil twice for a big furore with a positive that its shone a light on what shouldnt be done
    2 things wont come out of this I expect,proceedings or Vradakar not being Taoiseach again
    Two things that will annoy a lot of people
    But thats life and thats democracy IMO
    I'm not bitter

Once again, none of the above is "questioning the facts" and repeating that it is over and over isn't going to make it true.

Must have been pretty disappointing to dig through all my old posts in this thread to try and prove a point, and the best you could come up with were those ones :D

But it is there for you to read. What do you think you are doing there? Can you describe or explain?

I based my comment on having read them at the time. They are as I recalled. You denying what's put in front of you is beyond my control. It's a running theme with you it seems. hashtag smiley face...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

smurgen wrote: »
    If a Sinn Fein Taoiseach leaked a confidential document in the manner Leo Varadkar did to whomever they seen fit would you think it to be an okay thing to do?

You could be a gun runner, bomb-maker in Sinn Fein and get elected, so it's safe to say they can do whatever they want and they will be ok.

You could be a gun runner, bomb-maker in Sinn Fein and get elected, so it's safe to say they can do whatever they want and they will be ok.

'Former'. Honestly telling us what we already know, (ex-IRA in SF) isn't going to help FF/FG/Green's reputation.

I see you dodged the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The Shinners have had members who were once active in the torubles :confused:

this is certainly news to me. .........

Source?

I for one will certainly take that in to consideration when it comes to casting my vote on election Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Ah sure I wouldn't worry about that warning happens to most on here, its like a badge of honour. :)

But it is there for you to read. What do you think you are doing there? Can you describe or explain?

I based my comment on having read them at the time. They are as I recalled. You denying what's put in front of you is beyond my control. It's a running theme with you it seems. hashtag smiley face...

The burden of proof is on you given you made the accusation James.

At the time of my first post, which you are hanging your hat on, the only information available to me was 2 unverified (at that time) screenshots released via Twitter. You are trying to claim I had all the now known facts about the situation, which subsequently came out in the days and weeks following, at the time of posting it, which as you know would be inaccurate.

Its pure disingenuous posting and I am not sure what your intent is with that.

The burden of proof is on you given you made the accusation James.

At the time of my first post, which you are hanging your hat on, the only information available to me was 2 unverified (at that time) screenshots released via Twitter. You are trying to claim I had all the now known facts about the situation, which subsequently came out in the days and weeks following, at the time of posting it, which as you know would be inaccurate.

Its pure disingenuous posting and I am not sure what your intent is with that.

I gave you proof twice. You don't accept it.
    That's the end of it isn't it?

You questioned the report in the Village the thread comes from.
    You then dismissed it as a nothing story.
    Then you suggested the real story was why the other union wasn't invited.
    Then you were constantly querying and then suggesting it wasn't a negotiation document. Then you were querying what 'confidential' really means anyway and most recently citing the importance, or lack there of, of the document.
    This to me reads like you are questioning the available facts from day one.
    If you don't accept that, fair enough.
    Based on the quoted comments, we can at least agree you were not obviously and openly accepting the story as we know it to be, that being Varadkar leaked a confidential IMO/Health negotiation document to his pal, the then head of a rival union, which was my point.

https://twitter.com/Elaine_Loughlin/status/1367187070079406081?s=19

A man under criminal investigation now is also a lawyer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Floppybits wrote: »
    Ah sure I wouldn't worry about that warning happens to most on here, its like a badge of honour. :)

Not too bothered about it tbh, just not used to it, I find it humorous to a certain extent and find it infantile that somebody would go running to mamma, sign of a beaten docket. Don't really understand the moderation thingy, there has been page after page after page of repetitive tripe and waffle from a couple of posters and the moderator ignores it (presumably because it wasn't reported) and when it gets challenged the moderator is in like flynn. Anyway not too bothered with it, it's not a life defining moment for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Nah he just has his own legal counsel on speed dial.

Costello is happy to go along with the findings, what ever they may be.
    The concern is an outside court will decide if the Irish state owes a company money or not. We are giving up the ability to self govern in this.

Varadkar needs to shut his pie hole and let the legal folk take care of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I see we now have a Leo thread dedicated to everything Leo Varadkar.
    As if the FG thread alone wasn't enough.

Obsessed guys, just obsessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »

Imagine talking about Leo Varadkar in a Leo Varadkar thread.

That's tantamount to opening a thread about ford fiestas and some lads insist insisting on talking about some rare ,evergreen fauna found only in the Andes FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,633 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Odd post. Are you only noticing the thread now?

BTW, the thread is about the story about Leo in the Village, now the subject of a Garda investigation. Will be 'current' for a while yet, so better get used to it.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Imagine talking about Leo Varadkar in a Leo Varadkar thread.

That's tantamount to opening a thread about ford fiestas and some lads insist insisting on talking about some rare ,evergreen fauna found only in the Andes FFS.

Imagine having the need to have a Leo thread. Wasnt that what the FG thread was about?

Lads, its ok to be obsessed, but I always question the motivation behind it.

Odd post. Are you only noticing the thread now?

BTW, the thread is about the story about Leo in the Village, now the subject of a Garda investigation. Will be 'current' for a while yet, so better get used to it.

It isn't anymore, its morphed into, "What Leo is doing today, and why it makes me angry and bitter"

Check out the last 24 hours of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Imagine having the need to have a Leo thread. Wasnt that what the FG thread was about?

I'd say now Mark for a fella like yourself to be calling other posters obsessed about this issue is a pot-kettle thingamajiggy kind of situation.

To be fair.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Man obsessed with defending Fine Gael in shock at critical comments of Leo. More at 23:15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

It isn't anymore, its morphed into, "What Leo is doing today, and why it makes me angry and bitter"

Check out the last 24 hours of posts.

People need a place to vent and some enjoy tit for tatting
    Leo is the anger focal point for one faction,mary lou yours
    You dont have to read or see or take part in any of it

Nobotty wrote: »

The only difference is Leos in Govt and lies, leaks, needs to be seen in control has folk angered

The lads just defend everything and shout Sinn Féin when they know they are wrong

Everytime there's a Govt scandal in the media (there has been plenty) this forums Sinn Féin thread gets busy

• Advertisement

Nobotty wrote: »

Some people discuss him in his very own thread. Others, for reasons best known to themselves like to hang around and try shut down any comment raised.
    As your comment right here shows you are talking about Mary Lou out of the blue like it's not completely amusing and ironic :)

By the way, whose go is it next to breeze in and call everyone not excusing Varadkar's monkey shines, 'obsessed'? Its not odd at all :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement