Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

24 hours ago you thought there was only one complaint. You are bandying about claims about N. Korea etc rather than accept that in order to test the veracity of the complaints the Gardai will have to review all the evidence available. That is a Criminal Investigation Unit looking into criminal behaviour.

Like every other slew of posts on these platforms, they descend into dancing on the head of a pin.

Some folk love that, sludge every discussion down to its nth degree, admit nothing , fight everything, discect and reduce every argument down to minimal nuances and minutiae.

Solution to everything ...sit down and waffle for months ....years..... decades... while trousering the wedge of those who work to pay their way.

:D

Heh heh..... well trodden tactic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nobotty wrote: »
    Sorry James,Thats NOT the procedure
    However much you may want it to be

I do not expect anything to come from it, so I'm not looking for anything.
    The leader of FG is known to the Garda. It just adds to the humiliation, and deservedly so, upon the FF/FG/Greens for allowing LV go without any sanction or accountability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I do not expect anything to come from it, so I'm not looking for anything.
    The leader of FG is known to the Garda. It just adds to the humiliation, and deservedly so, upon the FF/FG/Greens for allowing LV go without any sanction or accountability.

Sorry James ,He's not 'known to the gardaí' however much youd like that to be the case
    Known to the Gardaí is a pseudonomn for a criminal element
    Saying that even under a boards moniker leaves you open to being sued
    Theres no protection here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sorry James ,He's not 'known to the gardaí' however much youd like that to be the case

A case where the prosecution try to prove Leo Varadkar, former Taoiseach and present day Tanaiste is not known to the Gardai.

Who writes your script?

:pac:

McMurphy wrote: »
    A case where the prosecution try to prove Leo Varadkar, former Taoiseach and present day Tanaiste is not known to the Gardai.

Who writes your script?

:pac:
    To be fair now,there is no prosecution untill theres a crime and yes 'known to Gardaí' is a pseudomn for criminality
    Not a term that can be used Im afraid,no matter how much you want to :)

• Advertisement

To be fair now,there is no prosecution untill theres a crime and yes 'known to Gardaí' is a pseudomn for criminality
    Not a term that can be used Im afraid,no matter how much you want to :)

I don't think any court case would be brought against anyone for using a term "known to the Gardai" it wouldn't matter if it was a pseudonym, defence would have to prove Leo actually was known to Gardaí, if the DPP/AGS hadn't laughed their sacks off at anyone wanting to prosecute based on that to begin with.

Obviously we're all just shooting the breeze here, and no-one is seriously suggesting that anyone would sue anyone else for posting "Leo Varadkar is known to the Gardai"

Considering Leo Varadkar undoubtedly actually is known to the Gardai. :D

Sued? :)
    He is known. Well known.
    I think his association with Fine Gael covers your reading of it, let alone his own antics, like Noonan's siteserv deal, he still finds himself under investigation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,633 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    I don't think any court case would be brought against anyone for using a term "known to the Gardai" it wouldn't matter if it was a pseudonym, defence would have to prove Leo actually was known to Gardaí, if the DPP/AGS hadn't laughed their sacks off at anyone wanting to prosecute based on that to begin with.

Obviously we're all just shooting the breeze here, and no-one is seriously suggesting that anyone would sue anyone else for posting "Leo Varadkar is known to the Gardai"

Considering Leo Varadkar undoubtedly actually is known to the Gardai. :D

There is some limbo dancing going on to try and keep Varadkar's reputation out of where he put it himself.

Sued? :)
    He is known. Well known.
    I think his association with Fine Gael covers your reading of it, let alone his own antics, like Noonan's siteserv deal, he still finds himself under investigation ;)

If you and Mc above are trying to assert that you used the term 'known to Gardaí' for any other reason than it being a psudonomn for criminal elements,I'm obviously not going to take you seriously becuse you do know what it means

No crime,no criminal investigation
    Veracity first
    Thats how this works
    You may not like it,but if its your bag,try North Korea

There is some limbo dancing going on to try and keep Varadkar's reputation out of where he put it himself.

No,none at all,its a thing called due process and frankly you're making a show of yourself trying to ignore it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He's been lying/economic with the truth again this evening.

https://twitter.com/FCTwenteBenson/status/1367889271709970433?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 68,633 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

No,none at all,its a thing called due process and frankly you're making a show of yourself trying to ignore it

The only person making a show of themselves is the person who didn't know there was a number of complaints.
    And didn't know that corruption can be shown to have taken place without monetary gain and started ranting about posters 'being sued'.

:)

As much as Cullinane?

Did Varadkar express support for a terrorist organisation?

Hmmmm........very strange arguments here, one has to say.

Dumbfounded, so I am.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

As much as Cullinane?

Did Varadkar express support for a terrorist organisation?

Hmmmm........very strange arguments here, one has to say.

Dumbfounded, so I am.

Deflect Central, this has nothing to do with SF

The only person making a show of themselves is the person who didn't know there was a number of complaints.
    And didn't know that corruption can be shown to have taken place without monetary gain and started ranting about posters 'being sued'.

:)

My ignorance of complaints is all made up by you Francie,I'm afraid
    You've no idea why I dont go on about the coruption complaint but seeing as you ask

I expect it will go nowhere because obviously there was and is only 1 GP contract
    No set of doctors were ever going to be paid different by the state than any other
    Secondly and more crucially,Vradakar was perfectly entitled to call non IMO doctors in and go through the agreement line by line
    Ergo Ive zero interest in these complaints because I expect they've no veracity,going on what I know

Ive a big interest in fair process though

Regarding being sued,its not a rant,its fact
    Boards.ie is registered in Ireland
    You as the person behind your moniker are liable for what you publish here
    I do believe its actually in the t's and c's on sign up
    If this is news to you,glad to be of service :)

Isnt everyone lucky vradakar is on record as not being the type that sues

My ignorance of complaints is all made up by you Francie,I'm afraid
    You've no idea why I dont go on about the coruption complaint but seeing as you ask

I expect it will go nowhere because obviously there was and is only 1 GP contract
    No set of doctors were ever going to be paid different by the state than any other
    Secondly and more crucially,Vradakar was perfectly entitled to call non IMO doctors in and go through the agreement line by line
    Ergo Ive zero interest in these complaints because I expect they've no veracity,going on what I know

Ive a big interest in fair process though

Regarding being sued,its not a rant,its fact
    Boards.ie is registered in Ireland
    You as the person behind your moniker are liable for what you publish here
    I do believe its actually in the t's and c's on sign up
    If this is news to you,glad to be of service :)

Isnt everyone lucky vradakar is on record as not being the type that sues

Ive seen some waffle in my time but that's right up there

Deflect Central, this has nothing to do with SF

Soz, buddy, guess I thought Cullinane was an SF elected member.

My bad.

Ive seen some waffle in my time but that's right up there

Hey,dont shoot the messenger :)

If you and Mc above are trying to assert that you used the term 'known to Gardaí' for any other reason than it being a psudonomn for criminal elements,I'm obviously not going to take you seriously becuse you do know what it means

No crime,no criminal investigation
    Veracity first
    Thats how this works
    You may not like it,but if its your bag,try North Korea

I was using it tongue in cheek.
    He is under investigation as you know.

Soz, buddy, guess I thought Cullinane was an SF elected member.

My bad.

This is a thread on Leo the Leak

Nothing to do with SF

• Advertisement

I was using it tongue in cheek.
    He is under investigation as you know.

He isn't yet and I honestly expect wont be,in relation to these complaints anyway for the very simple reasons I outlined
    As Leo haters,ye all have a horn for the criminality angle
    None of his voter base do(going on the fact his polling has gone up 5 or 6% on last year despite all the mud
    That tells me only the converted are listening
    Which to me is a waste of time
    We've all got to learn to live with that or torment ourselves
    I know which I choose

I dont hate the man,I just wouldnt vote for him :)

He isn't yet and I honestly expect wont be,in relation to these complaints anyway for the very simple reasons I outlined
    As Leo haters,ye all have a horn for the criminality angle
    None of his voter base do(going on the fact his polling has gone up 5 or 6% on last year despite all the mud
    That tells me only the converted are listening
    Which to me is a waste of time
    We've all got to learn to live with that or torment ourselves
    I know which I choose

I dont hate the man,I just wouldnt vote for him :)

You'll see most if not all posts about Varadkar relate to something he said or did.
    There are a cohort of commentators use and abuse his sexuality, race etc. but you'll find there are people, like yourself with your 'hate' comment, who are merely detracting from the points raised. All those false claims do more to abuse the man IMO.
    You make it sound like he's a keeps himself to himself sensible chap getting picked on for no good reason.
    Again, it's clear what he did. Folk such as myself are mostly in here to dispute apologist waffle and outlandish defences.
    I'd be very happy if he'd no hand in government but while he does and continues to make a gilly of himself, he'll be spoken about.

You'll see most if not all posts about Varadkar relate to something he said or did.
    There are a cohort of commentators use and abuse his sexuality, race etc. but you'll find there are people, like yourself with your 'hate' comment, who are merely detracting from the points raised. All those false claims do more to abuse the man IMO.
    You make it sound like he's a keeps himself to himself sensible chap getting picked on for no good reason.
    Again, it's clear what he did. Folk such as myself are mostly in here to dispute apologist waffle and outlandish defences.
    I'd be very happy if he'd no hand in government but while he does and continues to make a gilly of himself, he'll be spoken about.

You are just in here because you realise Varadkar is doing a good job and feel that you need to sling what ever mud you can at the man.

Let’s be honest for once.

People are not idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

You are just in here because you realise Varadkar is doing a good job and feel that you need to sling what ever mud you can at the man.

People are not idiots.

What James Brown says is true. A lot of us don’t like him because he seems to have no morals or ethics, and will say whatever he feels will reflect well on him. He is all spin and image, his personality and skill set would better suit a boy band, although he’s too old for that now. Anyway, he only barely scraped in at the last election, highly likely he’ll fail at the next one.

People are not idiots.

Doing a good job at what bren?

Cmon man, this'll be good.

"Led" Fine Gael to their second worse election in the party's history, made Sinn Fein electable to more people than fine Gael were, lost the public on the state of housing, health (well before a pandemic), allowed himself to be misled by his Tanaiste, dragged his heels on the Maria Bailey controversy, and was caught with his fingers in the till - ref zero craic.

I need the laugh.

Good job with what? :D

What James Brown says is true. A lot of us don’t like him because he seems to have no morals or ethics, and will say whatever he feels will reflect well on him. He is all spin and image, his personality and skill set would better suit a boy band, although he’s too old for that now. Anyway, he only barely scraped in at the last election, highly likely he’ll fail at the next one.

If that’s your criteria it would fit a lot of opposition elected members.

You seem to very strange standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He'll be wiped out in the next election. He's a terrible public representative anyway. Doesn't understand his brief or proper conduct in office. In the professional world a lad like hon would have been managed out long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

If that’s your criteria it would fit a lot of opposition elected members.

You seem to very strange standards.

Can you give examples of my strange standards based on that post? I can’t see what you could be talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

We were told at the start that this was so self-evidently a non-event that anyone suggesting it be looked into must be pushing an agenda. They would be embarrassed by how quickly it would be forgotten. We’re what, four months in and it’s still rumbling along.

You can decide that what he did doesn’t bother you but please stop banging the drum that it doesn’t warrant further investigation, preliminary or otherwise :rolleyes:

Even if they decide not to pursue it further, the defence(s) Varadkar is seeking to rely on are fairly nuanced from a legal perspective and relate to a niche piece of legislation. This isn’t a case of a local superintendent deciding whether to investigate a drunken row in town.

• Advertisement

Can you give examples of my strange standards based on that post? I can’t see what you could be talking about.

Going down rabbit holes is not my favourite pastime..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement