Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

He confessed ffs. The deed is done..

I think people are wildly exaggerating what happened here and what he actually admitted and apologised for.

But I suppose any port in a storm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    I think people are wildly exaggerating what happened here and what he actually admitted and apologised for.

They are not but pretend they are if you like.
    He leaked, it was confidential. Was it illegal is the only query.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

markodaly wrote: »

So why are the Gardai still investigating?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Fann Linn wrote: »
    So why are the Gardai still investigating?
    If we are to believe some posters here, it could be that they are simply homophobic, racist or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Suckit wrote: »
    If we are to believe some posters here, it could be that they are simply homophobic, racist or both.

Ah sure according to some on here the guards have nothing better to do only waste their time looking into this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Suckit wrote: »

So if Coveney had leaked the document it wouldn't have been an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ah sure he has glasses and overcame a speech impediment.

You're not thinking outside the box random!

If Pearse Doherty had leaked a document would this be OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Floppybits wrote: »

Context matters.

What is the document?

What is the legal status of the document?

Was it shared for public policy reasons?

Was there a reasonable public policy objective in sharing the document?

Was the person who the document was shared with, a reasonable end-user of the document?

Depending on the answers to these questions, you can then conclude whether or not it was reasonable to share a document.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Get Real

blanch152 wrote: »
    Context matters.

What is the document?

What is the legal status of the document?

Was it shared for public policy reasons?

Was there a reasonable public policy objective in sharing the document?

Was the person who the document was shared with, a reasonable end-user of the document?

Depending on the answers to these questions, you can then conclude whether or not it was reasonable to share a document.

Exactly. So you agree. In order to establish those answers, you'd have to, oh, I don't know.... Investigate?

Then either recommend no prosecution or a prosecution. Let the DPP decide. That's, an investigation.

You literally say it's not an investigation, and then post exactly what an investigation is. Asking questions, to determine facts, and pursue a course of action. Finding answers to questions, to make a conclusion.

It doesn't mean he is or isn't guilty and I'm not commenting on that. Just find it bizarre you say it's not being investigated, and then define it as one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Get Real wrote: »
    Exactly. So you agree. In order to establish those answers, you'd have to, oh, I don't know.... Investigate?

Then either recommend no prosecution or a prosecution. Let the DPP decide. That's, an investigation.

You literally say it's not an investigation, and then post exactly what an investigation is. Asking questions, to determine facts, and pursue a course of action. Finding answers to questions, to make a conclusion.

It doesn't mean he is or isn't guilty and I'm not commenting on that. Just find it bizarre you say it's not being investigated, and then define it as one.

All incidents within reason reported to the Gardàí are firstly investigated for their veracity
    There is always an investigation
    When a crime is identified,it becomes a criminal investigation
    The process is supposed to follow innocent untill proven guilty (of a crime) and thats proper order

Floppybits wrote: »

Neither would but the poster decided to make it about Varadkars ethnicity and orientation rather than his actions,

McMurphy wrote: »
    Ah sure he has glasses and overcame a speech impediment.

You're not thinking outside the box random!

So basically the only person who can be blamed is a middle aged straight white male with perfect vision ,their own hair and a D4 accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Get Real wrote: »

An investigation or a Garda investigation?

The former is a word in the English language with varying meanings, the latter is a particular action taken under statute.

There is no Garda investigation, I stand over that statement. I doubt there ever will be one, but I have been known to be wrong occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So basically the only person who can be blamed is a middle aged straight white male with perfect vision ,their own hair and a D4 accent?

Picking on him because he's well educated and comes from a 'good' family....

Varadkar is being investigated by the Garda and we've folk quibbling over what title it should be given. It's like when they were re-imagining what 'confidential' means.
    At the end of the day both he and his actions are being investigated due to the possibility of it being criminal, otherwise they wouldn't bother their barney.

Coveney is in Tehran I see on the six one news on UN business meeting the Ayatollah :eek:

Picking on him because he's well educated and comes from a 'good' family....

Varadkar is being investigated by the Garda and we've folk quibbling over what title it should be given. It's like when they were re-imagining what 'confidential' means.
    At the end of the day both he and his actions are being investigated due to the possibility of it being criminal, otherwise they wouldn't bother their barney.

At this stage I wouldnt be surprised if he was prolonging this for the attention

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nobotty wrote: »
    Coveney is in Tehran I see on the six one news on UN business meeting the Ayatollah :eek:

I wonder if the meeting is being held on Bobby Sands Street:D?

Screenshot-2021-03-07-18-22-11-605-com-google-android-apps-maps-2.jpg

It looks good, Ireland making a positive impact on the world stage, dont think the Israelis are impressed ,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Disgraceful whilst us plebs are told by the same government they can't go more than 5 kilometres from their place of residence. Can the meeting seriously not be done remotely? The two fingers to all the people laid off from work.

• Advertisement

GT89 wrote: »
    Disgraceful whilst us plebs are told by the same government they can't go more than 5 kilometres from their place of residence. Can the meeting seriously not be done remotely? The two fingers to all the people laid off from work.

Iranians arent fans of the Internet , the guy is actually doing what he's paid to do, I dont like him but can't fault this

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bottom of the barrel being scraped now, guy being blamed for doing his job.

And these are the people that think they will be in power.

Excuse me for laughing, folks.

#SFthepartyofnegativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

#SFthepartyofnegativity.

Is there literally anything some people don't give out about just for the sake of it?

Why a waste of energy.

They say its healthy to have SF as opposition to hold the government to account.

But all they do is argue against anything the government does just for the sake of it.

That's not constructive, it's trying to score political points at any angle even if it benefits the country.

This Simon Coveney criticism really is scraping the barrel.

Not one poster here would go to Tehran for a holiday if there wasn't covid even if it was all paid for let alone go for work reasons.

#SFthepartyofnegativity.

But Brendan,they will be in power,absolutely no doubt about it :)
    Mary Lou will be our first Female Taoiseach after the next election,we just have to get over the hump of 2 more years of Premier Vradakar up to 2025 first
    Don't shoot the messenger

But Brendan,they will be in power,absolutely no doubt about it :)
    Mary Lou will be our first Female Taoiseach after the next election,we just have to get over the hump of 2 more years of Premier Vradakar up to 2025 first
    Don't shoot the messenger

Premier Varadakar?

Is this meant to be funny or am I missing something??

#SFthepartyofnegativity.

Ah Brendi out spinning the party line as usual always SF faults.

And for the record I don't mind that Coveney is in Iran meeting whoever needs to be met that is his role unless he is slipping them some confidential documents. We all know FG have form in this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Iranians arent fans of the Internet , the guy is actually doing what he's paid to do, I dont like him but can't fault this

Let me remind you. Construction is deemed not essiential but somehow visiting Iran is.

#SFthepartyofnegativity.

Jumping the gun there Anto, tone of post condemning Coveney is more anti-lockdown YFG

Let me remind you. Construction is deemed not essiential but somehow visiting Iran is.

Are you actually comparing government work to construction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

He's the Minister for Foreign Affairs, and also Ireland currently have a seat on the UN Security Council.

It's literally his job

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement