Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭golfball37

markodaly wrote: »
    Maybe that is the point? There are many in FG looking towards the opposition benches after the next GE, let SF and their fantasy populist policies take over for a while.

As per Violet, wasn't she the anti-vaxxer?

So they don’t care about Ireland is what you are saying. Party first. They really are an inverse of the shinners so. God help the squeezed middle who won’t vote for either

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Are you saying that there are paid FG members or bots posting on boards? Quite an accusation, with no proof of course.

Sigh....... (So you did need it simplified further)

No, I'm saying monkey see monkey do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

golfball37 wrote: »
    So they don’t care about Ireland is what you are saying. Party first. They really are an inverse of the shinners so. God help the squeezed middle who won’t vote for either

That's the thing. Imagine you don't have any interest in Sinn Fein and anytime anyone is critical or asks a question all they can do is talk at you about Sinn Fein?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

That's the thing. Imagine you don't have any interest in Sinn Fein and anytime anyone is critical or asks a question all they can do is talk at you about Sinn Fein?

Sinn Feinsplianing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sigh....... (So you did need it simplified further)

No, I'm saying monkey see monkey do.

OK, so you are saying nothing really, but throwing out some loose accusations that you run away from when confronted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I was of course kinda sarcastic but I don't think personally FG will be leading another government in 2024. They have been in there since 2011, so that will bring a 13 years in power to a possible 18 years in power. As you know these things go in cycles and we all know SF have all the answers. :pac:

Anyway, Leo's core point was correct. In any UI discussion SF should be kept at the back of the queue due to their sectarian nature, policies and general anti-British sentiment.

What have FG done for a UI in that big cycle of power that they’ve been in?

golfball37 wrote: »

Who is 'Ireland'?

What have FG done for a UI in that big cycle of power that they’ve been in?

Not murder and kill Unionists, a good start.

OK, so you are saying nothing really, but throwing out some loose accusations that you run away from when confronted.

I'm saying plenty mark and every bit of it can be backed up.

You missed it earlier so I'll quote myself again...... Pay attention to the bolded part.
    What part of Leo runs with something straight from the FG handbook, and others follow soon afterwards with the exact same spiel, including on this very site don't you follow mark?

I mean, didn't you yourself go for days on here, literally arguing about Frances Fitzgerald being exonerated about something she was never exonerated for, and when your back was to the wall, you yourself tried the misogyny angle? It's a worn out tactic now, and all too predictable.

Let me know what part of that isn't crystal clear enough, and I'll see if it can be simplified any more.

""Shrugs**

I'm saying plenty mark and every bit of it can be backed up.

You missed it earlier so I'll quote myself again...... Pay attention to the bolded part.

Interesting you have to bring up another FG woman to make some point about god knows what, and yes, she was exonerated by the Disclosures Tribunal.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/frances-fitzgerald-acted-appropriately-at-all-times-charleton-1.3660184
    The Tribunal report gives a clear exoneration to Ms Fitzgerald, who was forced to resign from the Government in November 2017 as a result of the political controversy surrounding her role.

It has also made the finding that her decision not to interfere when informed of the strategy “was not a lazy dodging of the issues but rather a considered response to the information”.

And it has concluded she had not, at any time, spoken with former Garda commissioner Noirin O’Sullivan about this matter.

The Tribunal has found she acted appropriately at all times, and had been the political victim of a furore that escalated from a misconception of the Garda strategy towards Sgt McCabe at the O’Higgins Commission two years earlier in 2015.

• Advertisement

mark you're like a blowfly to a dog shyte, and I cannot believe you lack the sense to stay away from the Fitzgerald was exonerated lie you keep trying to propagate.

We will not be accused of derailing the thread so I'll say this one more time for you and leave it there.

Frances Fitzgerald resigned because she misled the Dail, and her actions and lies made her party leader and Taoiseach also mislead the Dail resulting in him having to apologise and correct the record.

The tribunal didn't exonerate her for that mark, because the tribunals terms of reference did not cover that.

End result = Frances Fitzgerald was not exonerated for misleading the Dail, nor will she be until the day she passes on from this life to whatever comes after it.

That's about it really. Uncomfortable, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Not murder and kill Unionists, a good start.

Is that the level of debate you’ve stooped to?

mark you're like a blowfly to a dog shyte, and I cannot believe you lack the sense to stay away from the Fitzgerald was exonerated lie you keep trying to propagate.

Ah yes, the 'lie' when we have the following from the Irish Times.
    The Tribunal report gives a clear exoneration to Ms Fitzgerald,
    Best right to Justice Charlton then with your legal argument that states his conclusion is a 'lie'. :pac:

We are going down the Trump Fake News angle here, are we?
    We will not be accused of derailing the thread so I'll say this one more time for you and leave it there.

Certainly, leave this thread for those who want to have a rant about Leo.

The tribunal didn't exonerate her for that mark, because the tribunals terms of reference did not cover that.

Oh but it did.
    The Tribunal has found she acted appropriately at all times, and had been the political victim of a furore that escalated from a misconception of the Garda strategy towards Sgt McCabe at the O’Higgins Commission two years earlier in 2015.

Is that the level of debate you’ve stooped to?

It is not even a debate.
    We have a SF TD accused of being involved in the murder of dozens of people.

But again, this is kinda off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

End result = Frances Fitzgerald was not exonerated for misleading the Dail, nor will she be until the day she passes on from this life to whatever comes after it.

Judgement for past mortal sins seems an ill advised choice of contest.

I have no interest in this particular case, though Fine Gael has had a record of poor show with whistleblowers (Alan Shatter springs to mind). In the case of Fitzgerald the Collins Report exonerated her.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Banned for a week for repeated uncivil behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,478 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mark has proved his point in an orderly civil way.

I feel we should consider ‘case closed’ .

No point in battering on ad infinitum in my opinion.

A week should take the ‘heat’ out things anyway and lower the temperature.

Mark has proved his point in an orderly civil way.

I feel we should consider ‘case closed’ .

No point in battering on ad infinitum in my opinion.

A week should take the ‘heat’ out things anyway and lower the temperature.

What should we consider closed?

Floppybits wrote: »
    What should we consider closed?
    1. That Sinn Fein supporters don't specifically care about the local services GP agreement (but let's be honest, nobody does)
    2. That these 'issues' are transparent excuses for attacks by one party on another. All it needs now is for someone to bring up printer costs.. maybe shoehorn it into the other 'issue' of the Sinn Fein foreign fundraiser advert.. two tangents for the price of one.
    3. Francis Fitzgerald was exonerated by the Collins report.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Dempo1 wrote: »
    More discomfort for poor Leo, just amazing with all his PR and social media team, he couldn't check his facts re SF having protestant members. He's just seems to be obsessed with all things SF, must have been Gut wrenching for him to actually apologise.

I am amazed that nowhere during his expensive education was he informed about the roots of Irish republicanism lying in Ulster Presbyterianism. Surely if he had known that he would have paused before speaking and thought "better just check if there are any left leggers among the Shinner Leftys" :p

Leo. Pausing before speaking.
    hahahahaha

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Ohhhh... So Leo is a bumbling idiot on purpose? So that SF get into Government?

I never saw it that way, but now that it's pointed out I guess it all makes sense.. The years wasted that it took us all to realise that was the plan all along.. :rolleyes:

Is this like Donnelly is an undercover Soc Dem agent destroying FF from the inside?

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I am amazed that nowhere during his expensive education was he informed about the roots of Irish republicanism lying in Ulster Presbyterianism. Surely if he had known that he would have paused before speaking and thought "better just check if there are any left leggers among the Shinner Leftys" :p

Leo. Pausing before speaking.
    hahahahaha

I’m sure he has more to occupy his time than bother about incidentals in a conversation as trivial as that.

Incredible that this is rumbling around the media of all descriptions three days later.

I’m sure he has more to occupy his time than bother about incidentals in a conversation as trivial as that.

Incredible that this is rumbling around the media of all descriptions three days later.

Ah sure what's a bit of sectarian pot stirring in a Country where the wounds of violent sectarianism still run deep. Yet another nothing to see here from Leo the Tone Deaf.

Busy Leo has movie quotes to compile, acquaintances to throw under metaphorical busses, and a Taoiseach to publicly undermine.
    And allllll the while distracted by Mary Lou dancing through his subconscious like a republican banshee.

Ah sure what's a bit of sectarian pot stirring in a Country where the wounds of violent sectarianism still run deep. Yet another nothing to see here from Leo the Tone Deaf.

Busy Leo has movie quotes to compile, acquaintances to throw under metaphorical busses, and a Taoiseach to publicly undermine.
    And allllll the while distracted by Mary Lou dancing through his subconscious like a republican banshee.

Much ado about nothing.

But you will always have those who try to take the hyperbolic route, unfortunately.

The professionally insulted classes.

Much ado about nothing.

But you will always have those who try to take the hyperbolic route, unfortunately.

The professionally insulted classes.

Good Man Brendan.

Deflect from Leo's latest gaff by insulting members of the electorate.
    That will play well in the hustings.

Good Man Brendan.

Deflect from Leo's latest gaff by insulting members of the electorate.
    That will play well in the hustings.

Another one to add to the list, the permanently outraged, lefties, righties, shinners and now the professionally insulted classes.

How to win votes and elections the FG way, insult and belittle anyone who questions there decisions or behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭golfball37

Unionist Senator (former) Ian Marshall has heavily criticized Varadkar today for his comments. Not because of the inaccuracies but because of the angle. What purpose did it serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Interesting you have to bring up another FG woman to make some point about god knows what, and yes, she was exonerated by the Disclosures Tribunal.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/frances-fitzgerald-acted-appropriately-at-all-times-charleton-1.3660184

The problem with slurs like the ones against Fitzgerald is that the exoneration comes much later and the volume of media around it is much much smaller. This allows for continued accusations of wrongdoing despite the exoneration.

This will also happen with the current Village issue. The Gardai will eventually conclude that there is no case to offer, yet we will have the same people time and again referring to Leo the Leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

For the umpteenth time where in the Tribunal Report does it say that Fitzgerald was exonerated for misleading the Dail.

You all know full well that she was never exonerated for misleading the Dail yet this lie continues to get peddled here time and time again.

She resigned in disgrace not because of anything the Tribunal ruled upon but because she misled the Dail. These are the cold hard facts, anything else is just willfully lying.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    For the umpteenth time where in the Tribunal Report does it say that Fitzgerald was exonerated for misleading the Dail.

You all know full well that she was never exonerated for misleading the Dail yet this lie continues to get peddled here time and time again.

She resigned in disgrace not because of anything the Tribunal ruled upon but because she misled the Dail. These are the cold hard facts, anything else is just willfully lying.

The Collins Report found “no evidence to suggest any deliberate concealment or withholding of material from the tribunal”

You could argue that the Collins review was willfully lying.

Sinn Fein usually says the media and courts are in the pockets of Fine Gael, unless they happen to agree with what they say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement