Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

why did she resign?
    Fitzgerald was later cleared of blame by the Collins Report in March 2018.[22] In October 2018, the third interim report of the Disclosures Tribunal found that she had "selflessly" resigned in the national interest

that didnt answer what I asked at all. so once again, why did fitzgerald resign?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Don't let them distract you mate, they'll try and drag you down a different path. We're discussing the criminal investigation into fine gael leader Leo varadker. Party of law and order indeed.

Law and order for some. Leaked commercially sensitive documents for others :) videos like this look extremely bad for FG in my opinion. Can't take them serious with Varadkar at the helm.

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1218134601207615488?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Blanch and Maryanne to thread immediately. The Shinners have infiltrated the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Leo is definitely a hindrance to FG at this stage. Between his chronic leaking habits to his public, and reckless, slamming of NPHET right before a massive surge of Covid infections, very very few have faith in him anymore. Time to step down.

Party is dragged into the gutter. Look at the Trumpian levels of deflection they were dragged into over this.

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1326274488921690112?s=19

Blanch and Maryanne to thread immediately. The Shinners have infiltrated the Gardai.

If the Gardai didn’t talk to Leo, there’d be outrage! Has he been charged?

Anyway, it’s Mothering Sunday and I’m preparing for the delights of a Mother’s Day dinner via Zoom! Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers amongst us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

If the Gardai didn’t talk to Leo, there’d be outrage! Has he been charged?

Anyway, it’s Mothering Sunday and I’m preparing for the delights of a Mother’s Day dinner via Zoom! Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers amongst us.

Good that you got the goalposts moved nice and early so! ;)

Enjoy your day

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

We have had the Penguin, Mr Big, the Viper. What gangster name will Leo have when he goes into jail? I'm going with "The Postman" because he always delivers!

Wish I could thank this twice for both the post and the username :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

We have had the Penguin, Mr Big, the Viper. What gangster name will Leo have when he goes into jail? I'm going with "The Postman" because he always delivers!

I’d have gone with The Plumber, the man for the leaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    I think FG would do better in the polls without him, wonder is there any appetite within the party to get rid of him. He's divisive, petty and a Dutch persons worst nightmare.

I think the divide is along the lines of the last leadership contest. If Coveney or Harris were a little bit ruthless now would be the time to move for sure, but neither have the balls to do it. I think Richard Bruton is probably still scarred from his last attempt, he seems to have settled for a role outside leadership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Wish I could thank this twice for both the post and the username :D

The "Blindman". Nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Not going away and by all accounts "lots to see here"

Poor Leo"s milk must have soured as he tucked into his weetabix this morning, all the wrong headlines, it's 10.54, won't be long before the Leo social media team will be in action, deflecting. Should be an interesting "the week in politics"

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

leo will never have his butt in the taoiseach chair again. he's a beaten docket now, a liability.

s.harris must have dobbed him in, and left him swinging. what's the bets he'll have stepped aside by the end of the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I will go with "the courier". Leo always delivers

Rte running with the story now, Leo will be gone by the end of the week
    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2021/0314/1203900-politics-varadkar/

Suppose they can't ignore it any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Another 'prediction'? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bigmac3

When he goes to prison, he will be in big trouble as the majority of the prison population are Sinn Fein supporters.

bigmac3 wrote: »
    When he goes to prison, he will be in big trouble as the majority of the prison population are Sinn Fein supporters.

If we had proper laws in this country he may have been joining a few mates from Davys in there.

markodaly wrote: »
    Another 'prediction'? :pac:

No, but here's one. He will never be Taoiseach again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

markodaly wrote: »
    Am I wrong? Releasing this story the week of the US presidential election? Amateur stuff, but anyway.

The only people who care about this are some people on Twitter, some people on boards and other forums and The Village Magazine.

Granted it made the news when it was revealed that the Gardai were making preliminary enquires, as it's their job to do. But this story is done unless some other major revelation is brought to bare, which is not at all likely.

You're a handy man to throw out the odd prediction yourself mark, this was one you made about a week ago.

A week is a long time in politics.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I'm a bit confused with this news story. I was under the impression from the posts on here a few weeks back that this had already happened? Some examples below, many more in the thread. They seemed pretty certain at the time.

Are the papers wrong this morning or were the posts wrong a few weeks back?
    Gardai are conducting a criminal investigation.

No hyperbole just the facts.
    Leo is the subject of a criminal investigation.
    smurgen wrote: »
    Can Varadkar be taken seriously at all while he is under criminal investigation?
    A man under criminal investigation now is also a lawyer
    :D You can try as hard as you want.
    They are only looking at correspondence because they are conducting a criminal investigation.
    This a joke now.
    To investigate the 'veracity' they have to investigate Varadkar Therefore he is the subject of a criminal investigation.

No amount of twisting changes those facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Doesitmatter21

blanch152 wrote: »
    An investigation or a Garda investigation?

The former is a word in the English language with varying meanings, the latter is a particular action taken under statute.

There is no Garda investigation, I stand over that statement. I doubt there ever will be one, but I have been known to be wrong occasionally.

This is an interesting post

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭penny piper

Leo Varadkar should stand aside like anyone who would be involved in a full garda investigation until the investigation is complete and he is cleared......there's no more to it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

An exclusive interview with Leo Varadkar, asking him about the criminal probe into his alleged leaking of documents.

https://t.co/DosMAf5OlG https://twitter.com/FancyVegasPro/status/1371077887026167809?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You're a handy man to throw out the odd prediction yourself mark, this was one you made about a week ago.

A week is a long time in politics.

I stand by what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

New Justice Minister backing Leo the Lawbreaker now.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    New Justice Minister backing Leo the Lawbreaker now.

She has her own questions to answer as well on interfering in a case. Expect some focus on her soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

bigmac3 wrote: »

Unlike in the Dail though, at least he wouldnt have to set eyes on any actual Sinn Fein members - they were all released as part of the Good Friday agreement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Unlike in the Dail though, at least he wouldnt have to set eyes on any actual Sinn Fein members - they were all released as part of the Good Friday agreement.

Have you a problem with the GFA?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement