Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

why did she resign?

She mislead the Dail and caused Leo to mislead the Dail.
    She told a lie then later claimed she'd forgot about an email regarding a campaign against McCabe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Judge. 'Leo how do you plead?'

Leo 'But Sinn Fein'

More...

Judge: i don't think there's a case here.

Leo: Thanks Séamus!

Worst will happen to him he'll resign on a number of fat pensions and get some job with Murphy over in Brussels in a 'I hate the public' right wing lobby group.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Doesitmatter21

More...

Judge: i don't think there's a case here.

Leo: Thanks Séamus!

Worst will happen to him he'll resign on a number of fat pensions and get some job with Murphy over in Brussels in a 'I hate the public' right wing lobby group.

Did we not hear on here, as Leo was the leader it was upto him if he wanted to pass it to someone.
    The Gardai will hear that and understand its ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE/status/1371088352842252290?s=20

This goes onto depth on all the currently known facts about the case.

I think many of the supposed respectable institutions are damaged because of this. Fair play to Leo for highlighting the systemic acceptance of corruption I suppose.

https://twitter.com/BowesChay/status/1371043586901483524?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE/status/1371088352842252290?s=20

This goes onto depth on all the currently known facts about the case.

Very interesting article with two different barristers giving the opinion that Leo Varadkar has broken the Official Secrets Act.

And theres also another little tidbit in it to show how far the tangled web between Leo the Leak and O'Tuaithill goes, Im sure everyone remembers this photo

Screenshot-2020-04-28-at-07.28.07.png?w=620

Who took the photograph for Leos spin unit? None other than O'Tuaithaill himself
    O Tuathail has also been something of a acilitator for Varadkar: when the Irish Independent revealed then-Taoiseach Varadkar had heroically reverted to his role as doctor in scrubs, it was O Tuathail who somehow was on-site to photograph Varadkar for them. He had facilitated this important placement, and indeed the associated PR opportunity, with medical charity Safetynet of which he was head until January 2020.
    https://villagemagazine.ie/its-a-crime/

Funny thing is at the time Leo had said he wouldnt be allowing any publicity behind his return to medicine. But then the photograph gets published a few weeks later after he had got his buddy O'Tuathill to set up his return to medicine with a healthcare charity that O'Tuaithill was formerly the head of. And when the big day arrives who is there to photograph this momentous occasion but none other than O'Tuaithill himself.

Added to that is the fact that Varadkar is on record as saying O'Tuaithill is just an acquaintance of his that he might meet a couple of times a year. Yet here he gets in O'Tuaithill to set up his return to medicine with a medical charity he used to run and then O'Tuaithill just happned to be there on a random street in Blanchardstown to photograph the PR stunt. Leo wants us to believe that he barely knows O'Tuaithill yet the pair of them were plotting PR stunts together.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first practice to deceive"
    Macbeth

• Advertisement

I can't believe heather humphrey's comments on this. Does anyone at FG understand separation of powers? Her commentary is actually more serious than the leak. Then again she has form from interfering in cases.

"Business Minister Heather Humphreys has again been forced to defend her intervention in an alleged case of animal cruelty, after a farmer said he believes it may have led to him escaping prosecution."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/letter-passed-on-by-minister-may-have-got-animal-cruelty-charge-dropped-says-farmer-38983969.html

Lads... You're like a dog with a bone. This one is over. SIPO won't do jack ****. The gardaí hate the shinners more than anyone in this country, with the exception of maybe the Defence Forces. Not a hope they'll investigate this in any meaningful way.

I'd say they had a right good laugh a Chay Bowes and the editor of the Village ringing up making complaints. :D

oh dear, this post hasnt aged very well because now it turns out the Gardai are investigating in a meaningful way.

I also find it interesting too that the person investigating Leo the Leak is none other than Assistant Commissioer John o'Driscoll who has specific responsibility for Organised and Serious Crime in Ireland. He is the main man assigned by the Garda Commissioner to take down the Kinahan Drugs Cartel. He is also on record a couple of months ago as saying his intention is to "dismantle criminal gangs". I must say I never thought he was referring to Fine Gael but it turns out he is investigating their leader now icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

If anyone spots this in Eason, can they pick me up a copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

smurgen wrote: »
    I can't believe heather humphrey's comments on this. Does anyone at FG understand separation of powers? Her commentary is actually more serious than the leak. Then again she has form from interfering in cases.

"Business Minister Heather Humphreys has again been forced to defend her intervention in an alleged case of animal cruelty, after a farmer said he believes it may have led to him escaping prosecution."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/letter-passed-on-by-minister-may-have-got-animal-cruelty-charge-dropped-says-farmer-38983969.html

She's just telling us now that it's all right to commit a criminal act if it's in 'the public interest'.
    She's pushing us down a slippery slope with those sort of comments.

[QU
    Fann Linn wrote: »
    She's just telling us now that it's all right to commit a criminal act if it's in 'the public interest'.
    She's pushing us down a slippery slope with those sort of comments.

Ken Foxe seems to think so too

https://twitter.com/kenfoxe/status/1371110334010949632

Fine Gael are all about separation of powers until one of their own is under a criminal investigation by the Gardai, suddenly then separation of powers dont matter at all

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    [QU

Fine Gael are all about separation of powers until one of their own is under a criminal investigation by the Gardai, suddenly then separation of powers dont matter at all

The law and order party lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Varadkar has to go I’m afraid. Step aside until the investigation is concluded. The party of law and order will surely see to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭penny piper

Muahahaha wrote: »
    [QU

Disgusting behaviour....she should be asked to step aside from that ministerial position....she shouldn't be commenting at all regarding Varadkar at this moment in time....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Yeah if a member of the cabinet is being investigated by the gardai, they need to take a few weeks off until it's been concluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Leo 0 : Toast 1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Disgusting behaviour....she should be asked to step aside from that ministerial position....she shouldn't be commenting at all regarding Varadkar at this moment in time....

Looks like humphries could be in trouble now after her comments this morning. Her interference in another court case is being brought. Totally unsuitable to be minister for justice.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Looks like humphries could be in trouble now after her comments this morning. Her interference in another court case is being brought. Totally unsuitable to be minister for justice.

Amazing that just to defend the leak she would put her own job at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭golfball37

This is Ireland she’s in no danger.

Fine Gael are eroding and undermining the justice system. Between their ministers interfering in live cases and politically planted judges.

Typical of Rte their article refers to Minister for Social Protection Heather Humphreys, no mention she's to step in as interim Minister for Justice from the 1st of may and as such shouldn't be commenting on an ongoing criminal case. The article mentions Minister for Higher Education Simon Harris, but says he was minister for health at the time!

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2021/0314/1203900-politics-varadkar/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Typical of Rte their article refers to Minister for Social Protection Heather Humphreys, no mention she's to step in as interim Minister for Justice from the 1st of may and as such shouldn't be commenting on an ongoing criminal case. The article mentions Minister for Higher Education Simon Harris, but says he was minister for health at the time!

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2021/0314/1203900-politics-varadkar/
    Do you actually think RTE don't hate FG?

They are full of FFers. Tubs, Miriam to name a few.

There is no conspiracy that RTE somehow are trying to protect FG and Leo.

The levels of paranoia here is baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭Floppybits

From permanently outraged to now paranoia anything to defect attention from the party and their cronys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

:pac:

From permanently outraged to now paranoia anything to defect attention from the party and their cronys

Fine Gael are looking extremely bad and have backed the wrong man 100%. On the one hand I hope he brazens it out as he'll drag them down into the abyss with him. On the other hand I hope he becomes the pariah he should be and never hold a position of power again in the private or public sphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

leo varadkar passed information concerning a state contract between the state and GPs to the head of a rival organisation not party to the discussion, he has admitted to doing this, and apologised for doing it too. ok, you seem to believe an garda siochana are wasting their time on this, but why do you think the laws of the state should be disregarded because of a pandemic might I ask?

all the other stuff about sinn fein and paul murphy is just a staggering example of deflection, and a stellar attempt at taking the thread off topic.

There's always a tweet. He truly is ireland's trump!

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1304038964337291264?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

leo varadkar passed information concerning a state contract between the state and GPs to the head of a rival organisation not party to the discussion, he has admitted to doing this, and apologised for doing it too. ok, you seem to believe an garda siochana are wasting their time on this, but why do you think the laws of the state should be disregarded because of a pandemic might I ask?

all the other stuff about sinn fein and paul murphy is just a staggering example of deflection, and a stellar attempt at taking the thread off topic.

It’s not deflection, I’m stating facts and events that actually happened.
    I’ll leave ye to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

It’s not deflection, I’m stating facts and events that actually happened.
    I’ll leave ye to it.

"facts and events that actually happened" did you miss the part were leo admitted and apologised for leaking the confidential documents, you realise it's not just an accusation, or he's suspected of doing it right?

you want the an garda siochana to stop investigating if what leo varadkar admitted, and apologised for, potentially being a criminal offence, keeping in mind that he's admitted it and apologised to, and instead investigate sinn fein, to see if they have still links to terrorism, and paul murphy, because = just because.

comedy hour now is it or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

smurgen wrote: »
    There's always a tweet. He truly is ireland's trump!

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1304038964337291264?s=19
    Trump won the US presidency against HRC and the US media. Varadkar was not and led FG to one of its worst electoral defeats ever and directly facilitated FG being beaten into third place behind FF and SF.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,670 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jmcc wrote: »
    Trump won the US presidency against HRC and the US media. Varadkar was not and led FG to one of its worst electoral defeats ever and directly facilitated FG being beaten into third place behind FF and SF.

Regards...jmcc

You are indeed correct, the best corollary with Trump is SF not Leo.

Don’t we always hear them on here complaining how the media is against them, and didn’t they tell us they won the election, even though the numbers disagreed and they needed up in opposition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement