Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

As this is an ongoing investigation I wonder if this thread should probably be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

It has yeah. The thread should have been locked at the time. It was just you in here chasing your tale rabbitting on about Frances Fitzgerald. They could have opened it up again when there was further developments.
    As this is an ongoing investigation I wonder if this thread should probably be closed?

Which is it Paddy?

Close the thread until there are further developments or close the thread because there has been further developments?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

your a tad early wanting the discussion to be shut down pintman lost, he hasnt been officially charged yet. and even if it is closed here, it's being discussed elsewhere on the web anyway.
    who would have thought in 2021 wed be discussing the leader of fine gael potentially facing criminal charges because he thought he was too big to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Things getting that bad for Leo the Leak? :) It is currently a criminal investigation rather than an active court case.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Ah Paddy you're brilliant. Only a few weeks back you were saying 'nothing to see here', when ye weren't batting for Maria Bailey on the other thread.

A bit of advice for the week that's in it; stay away from Cheltenham, Pat.

• Advertisement

never interrupt your enemy when hes making a mistake.

Wasn't that from the Rommel playbook?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Wasn't that from the Rommel playbook?
    Napoleon said it in the movie about the battle of Waterloo. :) Seriously though, things seem to be getting serious now that the Irish Times is even reporting on this story:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/garda%C3%AD-set-to-send-file-on-varadkar-leak-to-the-dpp-1.4510220

With the lack of the Saint Paddy's day junkets for the political class, they won't be able to run away from this story.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The Indo attempting to normalize Criminal investigations into Irish politicians. This is comical stuff. Leo after lowering the tone and the bar big time.

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1371378205400174592?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    The Indo attempting to normalize Criminal investigations into Irish politicians. This is comical stuff. Leo after lowering the tone and the bar big time.

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1371378205400174592?s=19
    Well at least it isn't another Blue Hugh piece. :) Don't think that Varadkar is quite in Haughey's class when it comes to corruption.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's a conspiracy.

In the age of social media, it's a cover up.

Noone will hear about it.

And if noone hears about it the Gards won't prosecute Leo.

That's how it works.

I take it you're being condescending and sarcastic to bat for Leo, but this lad seems to disagree with you....
    Do you actually think RTE don't hate FG?

They are full of FFers. Tubs, Miriam to name a few.

There is no conspiracy that RTE somehow are trying to protect FG and Leo.

The levels of paranoia here is baffling.

This lad seems to think a bias for FG is baffling paranoia and claims an RTE bias for FF proves it :D

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I've given my opinion in this thread previously on several occasions. Nothing new has come to light in a good while so I don't feel it is necessary to rehash all that. If and when new information is released at the end of the investigation then I can give any updated thoughts then.

The deep state conspiracy stuff in here today though certainly is alarming - I don't find it "silly" (as you put it) in the slightest. Stuff like that has shown itself to be a danger to democracy elsewhere.

No you haven't. We've discussed this. You come in and take issue with the story, how it's handled, how different people view it etc.. Pretty much what you are attempting here. You try to dismiss it.
    Calling it a 'danger to democracy everywhere' is 'silly'.
    Would a high ranking government TD passing a confidential negotiation document to a pal and the government shrugging it off not be an issue, for democracy like?

Ogra FF calling for LV to step aside now.

There's no Varadkar related items in the top 50 twitter trends in Ireland right now either. Is the big cover up going all the way to Silicon Valley?

https://getdaytrends.com/ireland/

People need to step back from the edge a bit. Deep State/QAnon type stuff can suck people in without them even realising.

'Nothing to see here'. Fair enough... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

'Nothing to see here'. Fair enough... :rolleyes:

Oh it’s not on the top 50 on Twitter - must not be real.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

thomas 123 wrote: »

Well, if it is 'trending' people think its a disaster, if it's not trending people still think its a disaster.

So, I guess if something is trending doesn't mean much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,815 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

who is the victim of this crime the IMO or the Minister of Health?

smurgen wrote: »
    The Indo attempting to normalize Criminal investigations into Irish politicians.

I may be slow on the uptake but how is that article normalising criminal investigations?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,670 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jmcc wrote: »

Hilarious, isn't she still under investigation in the North? At best it is kettle calling pot black.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Even if it was trending in the Top 5 stories on twitter it would be dismissed as just being the Permanently outraged as usual

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Hilarious, isn't she still under investigation in the North? At best it is kettle calling pot black.

That is ironic alright. I hope a journalist will ask that question, or I guess, 'This times it's different' malarky.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

who is the victim of this crime the IMO or the Minister of Health?

IMO the IMO

blanch152 wrote: »
    Don't you FFGers (not sure if you are FF, FG or Green) keep reminding people that NI is in another jurisdiction? Having FG's dear leader facing charges is not a good look for the so-called party of law and order. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

No you haven't. We've discussed this. You come in and take issue with the story, how it's handled, how different people view it etc.. Pretty much what you are attempting here. You try to dismiss it.
    Calling it a 'danger to democracy everywhere' is 'silly'.
    Would a high ranking government TD passing a confidential negotiation document to a pal and the government shrugging it off not be an issue, for democracy like?

I'm on a week off from work, so have no time or interest to be dealing with your condescending posts to me this week. I have very much have given my thoughts previously and I'm just going to leave it at that and leave you at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭Floppybits

jmcc wrote: »
    Don't you FFGers (not sure if you are FF, FG or Green) keep reminding people that NI is in another jurisdiction? Having FG's dear leader facing charges is not a good look for the so-called party of law and order. :)

Regards...jmcc

Ah that only depends on whether it suits their argument or not. Bit like tweets from 3 years ago were a resigning issue but leaking a confidential document isn't.

Odd all the same. Seems twitter is a cess pit and full of trolls, but also the social media platform of record ;)

I'm on a week off from work, so have no time or interest to be dealing with your condescending posts to me this week. I have very much have given my thoughts previously and I'm just going to leave it at that and leave you at it.

Apologies if you misread my comment. I was not attempting to be condescending, I was claiming you are at pains to dismiss this story/thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Mary Lou trying to play political games. People see right through this whole sham. SF will gain no new followers with this silly side show.

Mary Lou trying to play political games. People see right through this whole sham. SF will gain no new followers with this silly side show.

Seems to me MLMD/SF are doing what FF/FG/Greens should have done.
    A minister is under criminal investigation. If not asked to stand aside he should be at least put on leave IMO.
    This story isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Straight to the big house

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement