Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

blanch152 wrote: »
    Trivial person writing to Taoiseach in trivial terms about a trivial issue gets a suitably trivial response. Why would anyone be surprised by that?
    You may thing that this is a trivial issue but to the Gardai, it is a criminal investigation into the leaking of a confidential document by the then taoiseach. Martin probably knows that his fate is intertwined with that of Varadkar and his support for the leaker has only moved up the date of his own inevitable political demise as FFers run out of patience with his wannabe FGer actions.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 27,668 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jmcc wrote: »
    You may thing that this is a trivial issue but to the Gardai, it is a criminal investigation into the leaking of a confidential document by the then taoiseach. Martin probably knows that his fate is intertwined with that of Varadkar and his support for the leaker has only moved up the date of his own inevitable political demise as FFers run out of patience with his wannabe FGer actions.

Regards...jmcc

Nothing compared to a criminal investigation into perjury.
    Nothing compared to a criminal investigation into membership of the PIRA.
    Nothing compared to a criminal investigation into a murder conspiracy charge.

SF leader didn't step aside during those.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭golfball37

Leo varadkar is sf biggest vote getter. Your constant defense of him and the way he does politics only increases their vote. If your views and beliefs are genuinely held then you need to undergo some rigorous self examination. There are plenty out there who can lead the challenge to keep sf out of govt. The busted flush Leo should not be part of that process

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Why would they?

They don't take responsibility or ever admit to anything wrong in the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,668 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

golfball37 wrote: »
    Leo varadkar is sf biggest vote getter. Your constant defense of him and the way he does politics only increases their vote. If your views and beliefs are genuinely held then you need to undergo some rigorous self examination. There are plenty out there who can lead the challenge to keep sf out of govt. The busted flush Leo should not be part of that process

You can't deny people the right to hold certain views, that is typical of a totalitarian approach, similar to the type of terrorist hold that SF/IRA had over the nationalists in the North, do it our way or get shot.

Leo Varadkar has not been charged with any crime. If he is, then I will consider my view. In my opinion, no crime has been committed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

This is a live criminal investigation into the activities of one Leo Varadkar who was taoiseach and admitted leaking a confidential document to his friend. The results of the Garda investigation will be submitted to the DPP. Your leader is the subject of a criminal investigation. He's not quite the honourable FG type, is he? Otherwise he would have had the decency to have stood down while being investigated.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

You can't deny people the right to hold certain views, that is typical of a totalitarian approach, similar to the type of terrorist hold that SF/IRA had over the nationalists in the North, do it our way or get shot.

Leo Varadkar has not been charged with any crime. If he is, then I will consider my view. In my opinion, no crime has been committed.

this is obviously nonsense as sf only seen their vote dramatically increase in the north after the good ftiday agreement and the ira cessation of violence and weapons decommissioned .
    i do not live in ireland these days, but keep a keen eye on things politically, I bet denis naughton and a few others are seething at having being forced to resign while leo varadkar laughs at them .

this is obviously nonsense as sf only seen their vote dramatically increase in the north after the good ftiday agreement and the ira cessation of violence and weapons decommissioned .
    i do not live in ireland these days, but keep a keen eye on things politically, I bet denis naughton and a few others are seething at having being forced to resign while leo varadkar laughs at them .

Denis Naughton resigned because it could be seen he could gain financially by his actions.

Denis Naughton resigned because it could be seen he could gain financially by his actions.

Why did Dara Colleary resign?

Why did Dara Colleary resign?

Because it could be seen he broke covid restrictions.

Which goes back to our point about Michelle O Neill being under investigation by the PSNI for breaking covid restrictions, yet she hasn't resigned.

Do you think she should?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

costacorta wrote: »
    Yep you’re right there so let the Garda do their job and don’t be listening to Mary the moaner . Wait for the Garda to make a decision and if he is found guilty then yes he should go .

Why?
    Will it change what he did either way?
    Floppybits wrote: »
    Is it or is it showing the public what an arrogant person he is? I suppose it depends on the view point, me I would see as the leader of the country being arrogant and unprofessional and someone out of his depth. Basically rather than face up to the issue he has gone into hiding and hoping this all goes away.

Bratty of MM to react in such a manner.
    Basically FF/FG won't deal with or respect anything SF related. Considering how well they did in the election it really speaks to the civil war party mentality.

Japers, calm down. It's not Eamon Ryan under criminal investigation for something he admitted to.

Which goes back to our point about Michelle O Neill being under investigation by the PSNI for breaking covid restrictions, yet she hasn't resigned.

Do you think she should?

So Leo Varadkar didn't leak a confidential government negotiation document to his pal? :confused:

So Leo Varadkar didn't leak a confidential government negotiation document to his pal? :confused:

Huh??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭golfball37

Nobody is denying you anything even your right to once again bring SF into a reply when it had no relevance.
    I don’t believe what he did was a crime either but unlike you I believe he should be turfed out on lack of political ethics alone basis. It’s no way to do politics and he’s a cancer for FG in terms of the floating voter like myself.

Guidelines, with no legal standing. Breaking the official secrets act is on another level.

Guidelines, with no legal standing. Breaking the official secrets act is on another level.

Well best off we let the Gards decide that one ay.

It's good to live in a country with proper due process and courts.

Not the SF/IRA way of deciding if someone is guilty or not through a kangaroo court.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Nobody is denying you anything even your right to once again bring SF into a reply when it had no relevance.
    I don’t believe what he did was a crime either but unlike you I believe he should be turfed out on lack of political ethics alone basis. It’s no way to do politics and he’s a cancer for FG in terms of the floating voter like myself.

Lack of ethics!??

That pretty much decimates the whole of the Dail so!!

Well best off we let the Gards decide that one ay.

Exactly, he needs to step aside until the criminal investigation is concluded.

Exactly, he needs to step aside until the criminal investigation is concluded.

And Michelle O Neill?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Lack of ethics!??

That pretty much decimates the whole of the Dail so!!

What a sad statement that is of the Dàil.

• Advertisement

I'm not naive.

And Michelle O Neill?

She's not under criminal investigation of a crime

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

So Michelle O'Neill couldn't resign when she was under PSNI investigation (I think she still is) because SF's hands are tied because they are in coalition with the DUP.

Of all the bizarre excuses in the world........

I never said Michelle O'Neill should not resign because of the DUP coalition, in fact, I never mentioned it because it has no relevance. I was referring to government policies that SF has to implement in the North because of the DUP coalition.

What about the Government ministers who attended the funeral Of Garda Horkan?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

you havent been reading up on things . but anyway, what about francis fitzgerald ? how come she resigned ????

you havent been reading up on things . but anyway, what about francis fitzgerald ? how come she resigned ????

****e at her job and lied.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I never said Michelle O'Neill should not resign because of the DUP coalition, in fact, I never mentioned it because it has no relevance. I was referring to government policies that SF has to implement in the North because of the DUP coalition.

What about the Government ministers who attended the funeral Of Garda Horkan?

It's different because Covid number 19 said Charlie and chums were a great bunch of lads and should stroll on.
    There was a shinner at that funeral too, so it's a weird one alright.

Neither Flanagan not MON should resign IMO. Funerals are a sensitive thing, different from a Golf piss up. Certainly different from leaking a confidential government document to your pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The facts are there. Remember I said it's for you to form an opinion? Kinda my whole point.
    I do not have a signed and notarised declaration from the Irish Times or RTE stating they are biased, no :rolleyes:

Again, you have nothing but a belief and opinion.

Remember, the claim was not that media show some bias, the claim is that the Government/Leo/FG exert editorial control over RTE and the Irish Times.

Some claim, but no proof, which I guess makes that clam false.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

maccored wrote: »
    theres a difference in being accused of something, then investigated and proven to be innocent than doing actually something that you admit to, then having the legality of doing it being investigated .

... while that person in the latter is still innocent until proven guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

It's different because Covid number 19 said Charlie and chums were a great bunch of lads and should stroll on.
    There was a shinner at that funeral too, so it's a weird one alright.

Neither Flanagan not MON should resign IMO. Funerals are a sensitive thing, different from a Golf piss up. Certainly different from leaking a confidential government document to your pal.

I totally agree that neither Flanagan nor MON should resign. Just pointing out the hypocrisy when complaining about the Bobby Storey funeral whilst forgetting about the Garda Horkan funeral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭boardise

Isn't the Dáil a reflection of Irish electorate ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement