Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

skimpydoo wrote: »
    FFG never wanted SF to be the main opposition party as they would finally be held to account. They are now in a new world where they are finally being held to account, and to combat this all they can do is deflect and say blah blah blah funeral, blah blah blah Northern Ireland. When members of FFG first entered the Dail, they carried sidearms, so why are they quick to bring up the IRA and not mention their own violent past including O'Duffy's Blue Shirts.

They want to talk of the past because it's a useful deflection. They're bleak now and their future is negative.but their future doesn't need to be our future thankfully. There's always hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Why did Dara Colleary resign?
    Wasn't quite up to par as a minister? :)

Regards...jmcc

golfball37 wrote: »
    We know that and Leo Varadkar is their single biggest usp and vote getter. The amount of people I know who voted sf last year was scary, their backgrounds and families were all fg in the main. Why can’t the membership see what he is doing to the country?

He's like a plant at this stage. Long may it continue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

smurgen wrote: »
    He's like a plant at this stage. Long may it continue :)

That’s what you lot here are hoping to achieve.

That is ,keep flinging the mud in the hope you will spook genuine voters into thinking that a concentrated attack by a few bots here reflects the mood of the electorate in the real world.

Not the case my friends, those of us who know better know that.

The constant barrage against Varadkar is very obvious, the real people out there can see through these tactics, unfortunately there are less astute and knowledgeable folk out there are taken in by vague promises, alleged happenings, and disasterous ideals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭dubrov

golfball37 wrote: »
    We know that and Leo Varadkar is their single biggest usp and vote getter. The amount of people I know who voted sf last year was scary, their backgrounds and families were all fg in the main. Why can’t the membership see what he is doing to the country?

So let me get this straight.
    You know a load of people who jumped straight from FG to SF and skipped all the parties in between.

Hmmm

• Advertisement

dubrov wrote: »
    You know a load of people who jumped straight from FG to SF and skipped all the parties in between.

Hmmm

I think alot of people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭dubrov

I know there are a lot of SF supporters on this thread but making stuff up just looks silly.

I'd say the same if someone said that voters jumped from SF to FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

I know there are a lot of SF supporters on this thread but making stuff up just looks silly.

I'd say the same if someone said that voters jumped from SF to FG.

That’s like most of the SF bots on here who spend 24/7 defending SF and same giving out about government but then say I have nothing to do with SF and usually vote SD .. Oh the irony !! .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

costacorta wrote: »
    That’s like most of the SF bots on here who spend 24/7 defending SF and same giving out about government but then say I have nothing to do with SF and usually vote SD .. Oh the irony !! .

Almost as bad as the people spending 24/7 defending a potential criminal while insulting the leader of opposition for “moaning” about said potential criminal.

All while pontificating from some fairyland representation of Ireland that has no issues at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

You can't get rid of varadkar, he's the glue holding the whole damn system together!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You can't get rid of varadkar, he's the glue holding the whole damn system together!!!!!

Seriously, you've got to be joking, Leo has been the main reason we're in the mess we're in, he's the one who pushed against NPHET, he's the one who instigated and pushed mixed messaging, he's the one who has spent month's undermining the very government he helped form and is part of. It's only since this leakage story broke he's become quite sheepish and quite, infact I dare say he's actually behaving himself for a change.

I'm just greatful he's not about handing out Shamrock, god knows what else he'd be handing out (Documents come to mind) :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Seriously, you've got to be joking, Leo has been the main reason we're in the mess we're in, he's the one who pushed against NPHET, he's the one who instigated and pushed mixed messaging, he's the one who has spent month's undermining the very government he helped form and is part of. It's only since this leakage story broke he's become quite sheepish and quite, infact I dare say he's actually behaving himself for a change.

I'm just greatful he's not about handing out Shamrock, god knows what else he'd be handing out (Documents come to mind) :)

The only saving grace is he isn't Taoiseach now. Reputation wise I don't think we can risk having someone as inappropriate as him representing the country. We got away with it only because the likes of Trump were around so the verbal diarrhea flew under the radar somewhat.

Hadn't seen this letter before. Looks like it was Leo putting party ahead of the letter of the law. Shocking.

https://twitter.com/BowesChay/status/1372137366060683273?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

smurgen wrote: »
    Hadn't seen this letter before. Looks like it was Leo putting party ahead of the letter of the law. Shocking.

https://twitter.com/BowesChay/status/1372137366060683273?s=19

No wonder Haydon was so viciral defending Leo yesterday. Is he stuck in it aswell?

No wonder Haydon was so viciral defending Leo yesterday. Is he stuck in it aswell?

Yep the same Martin Heydon who was on RTE drive time yesterday saying there was no advantage given to any organisation. Not many would have been aware of this letter titled to him while listening to that. Of course if RTE challenged correctly people would.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

blanch152 wrote: »
    Two very different occasions and two very different funerals.

One was a political stunt marking the departure of a criminal thug, the other was a solemn State funeral for a Garda.

If you can't tell the difference, there is something weird going on.

Can the virus tell the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Hmmm

There must've been a few at the last election. There was a big increase in SF first preferences (10%) and a decrease for FF (2%) and FG (4%). It's not unreasonable to think that some people went directly to SF and skipped the parties in between.

There's probably individual constituencies where it happened to a greater or lesser degree. Chances are these were floating voters rather than dyed in the wool party supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I'd be thinking that when SF do get into government we may have an issue with the Gardai similar to the RUC, many Garda are paid up members of FG as the RUC were members of the Orange order,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I'd be thinking that when SF do get into government we may have an issue with the Gardai similar to the RUC, many Garda are paid up members of FG as the RUC were members of the Orange order,

Source?

There must've been a few at the last election. There was a big increase in SF first preferences (10%) and a decrease for FF (2%) and FG (4%). It's not unreasonable to think that some people went directly to SF and skipped the parties in between.

There's probably individual constituencies where it happened to a greater or lesser degree. Chances are these were floating voters rather than dyed in the wool party supporters.

Lot of them didnt vote, Varadkar may have played well with the Iwoke but left the older ones cold,

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Source?

Most Guards vote for FG, fact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I know many who did, I was quite surprised by most of them. I myself moved from FG via the Green Party, Labour and the SD's. I'd still vote for Social Democrats if I thought they had any chance. I am a reluctant SF voter now, always prone to swing away if something more palatable emerged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Most Gaurds vote for FG, fact

Whats a Gaurd and what's your source? And also your source that it would be an "issue", whatever that is meant to imply?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Whats a Gaurd and what's your source? And also your source that it would be an "issue", whatever that is meant to imply?

They drink out of them in Egypt apparently?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

costacorta wrote: »

bots :pac: jaysus. anyone disagrees with the FF/FG lackies then they're bots :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Two very different occasions and two very different funerals.

One was a political stunt marking the departure of a criminal thug, the other was a solemn State funeral for a Garda.

If you can't tell the difference, there is something weird going on.

Complete hypocrisy.
    So if SF were in government it would be okay? Some how I don't think so.
    Was his family there for ****s and giggles?

There is absolutely no difference as regard Covid. Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    Again, you have nothing but a belief and opinion.

Remember, the claim was not that media show some bias, the claim is that the Government/Leo/FG exert editorial control over RTE and the Irish Times.

Some claim, but no proof, which I guess makes that clam false.

Yes, based on facts.

I don't know if they are. We are having a discussion. I believe the Irish Times is biased based on their reporting. That's my opinion. RTE might be just slow.

I would suggest it's an opinion you disagree with because we don't know categorically if they are or are not. You are assuming they are not just 'cause... means as much. If you believe it impossible that any bias exists and the views and interests of the owners are not considered...I'd call you naïve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Lot of them didnt vote, Varadkar may have played well with the Iwoke but left the older ones cold,

So nobody who voted no.1 for FG in 2016 voted no. 1 in 2020, they just didn't vote. If that's true then it says something about those FG voters.

If they felt nobody else was worth voting for they should've spoiled their vote, at least they'd have used it.

Korean auto correct

• Advertisement

So nobody who voted no.1 for FG in 2016 voted no. 1 in 2020, they just didn't vote. If that's true then it says something about those FG voters.

If they felt nobody else was worth voting for they should've spoiled their vote, at least they'd have used it.

Old ones, party or nothing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement