Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Most Gaurds vote for FG, fact

Whats a Gaurd and what's your source? And also your source that it would be an "issue", whatever that is meant to imply?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Whats a Gaurd and what's your source? And also your source that it would be an "issue", whatever that is meant to imply?

They drink out of them in Egypt apparently?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

costacorta wrote: »
    That’s like most of the SF bots on here who spend 24/7 defending SF and same giving out about government but then say I have nothing to do with SF and usually vote SD .. Oh the irony !! .

bots :pac: jaysus. anyone disagrees with the FF/FG lackies then they're bots :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Two very different occasions and two very different funerals.

One was a political stunt marking the departure of a criminal thug, the other was a solemn State funeral for a Garda.

If you can't tell the difference, there is something weird going on.

Complete hypocrisy.
    So if SF were in government it would be okay? Some how I don't think so.
    Was his family there for ****s and giggles?

There is absolutely no difference as regard Covid. Fact.

markodaly wrote: »
    Again, you have nothing but a belief and opinion.

Remember, the claim was not that media show some bias, the claim is that the Government/Leo/FG exert editorial control over RTE and the Irish Times.

Some claim, but no proof, which I guess makes that clam false.

Yes, based on facts.

I don't know if they are. We are having a discussion. I believe the Irish Times is biased based on their reporting. That's my opinion. RTE might be just slow.

I would suggest it's an opinion you disagree with because we don't know categorically if they are or are not. You are assuming they are not just 'cause... means as much. If you believe it impossible that any bias exists and the views and interests of the owners are not considered...I'd call you naïve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Lot of them didnt vote, Varadkar may have played well with the Iwoke but left the older ones cold,

So nobody who voted no.1 for FG in 2016 voted no. 1 in 2020, they just didn't vote. If that's true then it says something about those FG voters.

If they felt nobody else was worth voting for they should've spoiled their vote, at least they'd have used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

Korean auto correct

So nobody who voted no.1 for FG in 2016 voted no. 1 in 2020, they just didn't vote. If that's true then it says something about those FG voters.

If they felt nobody else was worth voting for they should've spoiled their vote, at least they'd have used it.

Old ones, party or nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Old ones, party or nothing

Doesn't say much for Fine Gael long term if that's the only voter they've got. 20 years time a lot of them will be dead.

Doesn't say much for Fine Gael long term if that's the only voter they've got. 20 years time a lot of them will be dead.

Sure what have they to offer anyone? Elitist pricks that only speak to you when they have too, up to their eyes in crime,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

Sure what have they to offer anyone? Elitist pricks that only speak to you when they have too, up to their eyes in crime,

I live in a place with multiple council estates, and hap, etc etc. When I moved into a social housing house in a mixed estate (like council but privately managed by a company and a few different rules) a local fg councillor who I've known years was a) surprised I was council because I don't 'sound like it' and because I work and b) had never met anyone in council before. The man is in his sixties and has been a councillor for about 30 of them.

Not saying they're all.like that but when it comes to vulnerable communities we turn to other parties for help - actually wouldn't even occur to me to go to FG councillors at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭dubrov

zanador wrote:
    I live in a place with multiple council estates, and hap, etc etc. When I moved into a social housing house in a mixed estate (like council but privately managed by a company and a few different rules) a local fg councillor who I've known years was a) surprised I was council because I don't 'sound like it' and because I work and b) had never met anyone in council before. The man is in his sixties and has been a councillor for about 30 of them.

zanador wrote:
    Not saying they're all.like that but when it comes to vulnerable communities we turn to other parties for help - actually wouldn't even occur to me to go to FG councillors at all.

Sounds like a numpty but in fairness, there aren't likely many votes in a council estate for a FG candidate. In the same way, I can't see SF focusing their campaign in Foxrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

dubrov wrote: »
    Sounds like a numpty but in fairness, there aren't likely many votes in a council estate for a FG candidate. In the same way, I can't see SF focusing their campaign in Foxrock.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

SDLP lost most of their support up North with notions like that

zanador wrote: »
    Which came first the chicken or the egg?

It's not surprising that voters are drawn towards parties with policies most likely to benefit themselves.

SDLP lost most of their support up North with notions like that

The SDLP are a left wing party and had strong support in council estates up North. Your comparison makes no sense.

The SDLP are a left wing party and had strong support in council estates up North. Your comparison makes no sense.

Not bothering to canvass where they thought there were no votes, poster said there would be few votes for SF in Foxrock but I'd would be fairly sure they still did the doors,

• Registered Users Posts: 27,667 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Classy indeed.

Laughable to claim that FG are up to their eyes in crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,667 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Most Guards vote for FG, fact

If it is a fact, you will have a link to something to prove it.

Otherwise, it's just a prejudiced opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

"laughable to claim that fine gael are up to their eyes in crime"

personally i think its even more laughable that they used to think of themselves as being the law and order party !
    tax evasion and violent assault, insurance fraud , expenses fraud ,and now there leader has been caught red handed being corrupt and is possibly facing criminal charges and a trial !!!!

there and fianna fails times are both running out, varadkar is being heavily bet upon to be gone before summer I seen today !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

personally i think its even more laughable that they used to think of themselves as being the law and order party !
    tax evasion and violent assault, insurance fraud , expenses fraud ,and now there leader has been caught red handed being corrupt and is possibly facing criminal charges and a trial !!!!

there and fianna fails times are both running out, varadkar is being heavily bet upon to be gone before summer I seen today !

Isn't there a current senator who assaulted a sleeping man with a bar of chocolate at a music festival?

Isn't he also awaiting trial for another serious assault?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

And all of that is the stuff that we know about with a media that is sympathetic to them. Imagine we had journalists that held them to the same standards as other parties. There'd be alot unearthed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Isn't there a current senator who assaulted a sleeping man with a bar of chocolate at a music festival?

Isn't he also awaiting trial for another serious assault?

This is beyond the beyond stuff.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

smurgen wrote: »
    And all of that is the stuff that we know about with a media that is sympathetic to them. Imagine we had journalists that held them to the same standards as other parties. There'd be alot unearthed.

They either don't realise or don't care about the knock on effect their cronyism has on society.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

They either don't realise or don't care about the knock on effect their cronyism has on society.

They realize. It's arrogance,narcissism and greed.

This is beyond the beyond stuff.

I take it you know the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Actually Guards have traditionally voted FF as they always gave pay increases whereas
    FG did not

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I take it you know the story?

First I heard of it was on here tonight.

I don't think I want to hear the details to be quite honest.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

First I heard of it was on here tonight.

I don't think I want to hear the details to be quite honest.

Vile stuff. Party of law and order indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Source? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement