Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

McMurphy wrote: »
    Martin Heydon challenging Maria Bailey for the most cringe radio interview ever.

I thought he was going to cry on a number of occasions.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/?s=08#/radio1/21924573

Ah Jesus, listening to that is akin to watching a car crash in slow motion. Like a few of the regular Leo fans on this thread that lad is doing no one any favours.

I actually feel sorry for some of the old good stock in Fine Gael after cringing my way through that. Once upon a time Fine Gael actually had good politicians, it just seems so long ago.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭golfball37

Ah Jesus, listening to that is akin to watching a car crash in slow motion. Like a few of the regular Leo fans on this thread that lad is doing no one any favours.

I actually feel sorry for some of the old good stock in Fine Gael after cringing my way through that. Once upon a time Fine Gael actually had good politicians, it just seems so long ago.

Richard Bruton and Pascal are decent sorts in fairness. Both have integrity at least. I don’t mind Coveney or McEntee either. The latter was thrown a hospital pass re the Woulfe appointment so I don’t blame her for it, or for coming clean about the stroke behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Heydon is useless at the best of times.

He's a vote getter, but they could run a sheep in his neck of the woods with an FG badge and he'd still get in.

Party chairman is the job you give a big vote getter when you don't want them to do harm to the Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

golfball37 wrote: »
    Richard Bruton and Pascal are decent sorts in fairness. Both have integrity at least. I don’t mind Coveney or McEntee either. The latter was thrown a hospital pass re the Woulfe appointment so I don’t blame her for it, or for coming clean about the stroke behind it.

I was at a meeting with Richard Bruton in his Dail office many moons ago when he was Minister for Enterprise and Employment and he came across as an honest hardworking guy to me. They had many other good people through out the years who must be really disappointed to witness this carry on.

Simon Coveney is well able for whatever task he is given and doesn't seek the limelight. Simon Harris really impressed me with his work ethic when we were under pressure and in fear as a nation during the first lock down and there are other good TD's and councillors too but it can't be easy for them.

Whoever that fella on the radio there was he was so scripted it was like a satirical sketch. I'm mortified for him.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Martin Heydon challenging Maria Bailey for the most cringe radio interview ever.

I thought he was going to cry on a number of occasions.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/?s=08#/radio1/21924573

Such waffle. He's even half laughing when he's picked up on it.

Seems the FG line on and off Boards.ie is to make a claim about someone and when called out on it say it was your understanding. Pretty slick.

Great at 5mins in where she says she doesn't know why he keeps bringing it back to Sinn Fein, it's the issue of the Tánaiste being under criminal investigation :D

"If it was so available why couldn't the minister for health get a copy?" Classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

listened to that martin heydon interview today in work via podcast, ireland really has its fair share of idiot political representatives and he is a excellent example of why certain types should be kept away from microphones .....i wonder if he is implicated in the whole affair ? he certainly sounded a bit shakey at certain times !!!!
    you can say what you want about kenny but none of this nonsense would have went on during his spell in power !!

how did so few young excuses for politicians destroy finegael the party are an embarrassment at this stage, ff arent much better though .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Such waffle. He's even half laughing when he's picked up on it.

Seems the FG line on and off Boards.ie is to make a claim about someone and when called out on it say it was your understanding. Pretty slick.

Great at 5mins in where she says she doesn't know why he keeps bringing it back to Sinn Fein, it's the issue of the Tánaiste being under criminal investigation :D

"If it was so available why couldn't the minister for health get a copy?" Classic.

You'd have to wonder on what planet Heydon, or any other figure in FG believed he "did well" in that interview, McInerney didn't let him steer the conversation up a street it didn't belong to be fair.

They're in trouble with this one I think, long runs the Fox, but snared at last!

If Leo is finally charged with this, I wonder will other state contract's be re-examined?

Was Leo really unlucky enough to get snared the first and only time he did this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

listened to that martin heydon interview today in work via podcast, ireland really has its fair share of idiot political representatives and he is a excellent example of why certain types should be kept away from microphones .....i wonder if he is implicated in the whole affair ? he certainly sounded a bit shakey at certain times !!!!
    you can say what you want about kenny but none of this nonsense would have went on during his spell in power !!

how did so few young excuses for politicians destroy finegael the party are an embarrassment at this stage, ff arent much better though .

Probably not running again under the FF/FG vote pact,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You'd have to wonder on what planet Heydon, or any other figure in FG believed he "did well" in that interview, McInerney didn't let him steer the conversation up a street it didn't belong to be fair.

They're in trouble with this one I think, long runs the Fox, but snared at last!

If Leo is finally charged with this, I wonder will other state contract's be re-examined?

Was Leo really unlucky enough to get snared the first and only time he did this?

We know FG look after their own. We still await the conclusion of the Siteserv investigation also I believe Noonan's other sweet deal up north is still being investigated outside the state.
    We've Varadkar trying to do a solid for Trump and leaking the confidential document to his pal, so there's a good chance he's other skeletons.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,667 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

markodaly wrote: »
    Yet, still in government....

Its like a football team bragging about how many corners it won when the opposing team is walking off the pitch with the Trophy.

Sinn Fein won the election on xG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

We know FG look after their own. We still await the conclusion of the Siteserv investigation also I believe Noonan's other sweet deal up north is still being investigated outside the state.
    We've Varadkar trying to do a solid for Trump and leaking the confidential document to his pal, so there's a good chance he's other skeletons.

I'd say this is the tip of the iceberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

This is interesting......

Didn't the workers party (Sinn Fein according to you) evolve into the democratic left?

Not according to me, it was actual Sinn Fein before the split.
    This would be the same democratic left who coalesced with John Brutons FG?

This obviously being the same Democratic Left that was then led by Proinsias De Rossa

Very colourful character.

Yes and yes, the big difference though is that he was Offical IRA who were not hellbent on killing and murder like the Provos.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Irish_Republican_Army
    Unlike the "Provisionals", the "Officials" did not think that Ireland could be unified until the Protestant majority of Northern Ireland and Catholic minority of Northern Ireland were at peace with each other.

And they were right!

A bit off-topic, but you did ask.

Leo always delivers was in the WhatsApp chat thread the msm won’t touch. If it was about a shinner the media would ask what that phrase meant.

Not according to me, it was actual Sinn Fein before the split.

Yes and yes, the big difference though is that he was Offical IRA who were not hellbent on killing and murder like the Provos.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Irish_Republican_Army

And they were right!

A bit off-topic, but you did ask.

Last week you were claiming they were the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein won the election on xG.

have I accidentally stumbled into the sinn fein thread again ?
    listening to that heydon interview earlier and reading these threads one would be forgiven for thinking finegaels stock answer for every uncomfortable question or situation is to mention sinn fein . is this official party policy or what , im not trying to be smart ass by the way , but it sureley cannot be going unnoticed to others ?

The only reason the Heydon interview is getting traction is because Sarah Mcinerney did her job and he was called on the irrelevant deflection. It’s embarrassing that she was the only one I heard in media do this.

I’ve heard Jennifer McNeil, Humphries, Harris and Leo in various guises spout the same ramesis as Heydon in past few days but they weren’t pulled up on it by the interviewer.

Had Leo ever been properly grilled on the photo of MOT with the campaign for Leo top on? It's clear they knew one another alot more than he lead on.

smurgen wrote: »
    Had Leo ever been properly grilled on the photo of MOT with the campaign for Leo top on? It's clear they knew one another alot more than he lead on.

He told the Dail he’d seen him 2-3 times over the previous two years. Village produced evidence of 8 meetings. Two of these were immediately shown to be false as Noel Rock and someone else vouched for varadkar on said days. The media never followed up on the others. Even if it’s 6 it’s still double of what Leo told the dail.
    Our media do not do investigative journalism in the public interest, they do it in their interest. Leo may very well have alibis for the other alleged meetings to show he told the truth to the dail but I just wish someone would ask the question

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Of course they did.

Screenshot-2021-02-17-at-02-04-00.png

Didn't he (Zero Craic) also take the pics in which Leo posed at the traveller site in D15?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,667 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He told the Dail he’d seen him 2-3 times over the previous two years. Village produced evidence of 8 meetings. Two of these were immediately shown to be false as Noel Rock and someone else vouched for varadkar on said days. The media never followed up on the others. Even if it’s 6 it’s still double of what Leo told the dail.
    Our media do not do investigative journalism in the public interest, they do it in their interest. Leo may very well have alibis for the other alleged meetings to show he told the truth to the dail but I just wish someone would ask the question

So O'Tuathail claimed 8 meetings versus 2-3 times over two years. Two of O'Tuathail's meetings are immediately shown to be false, but somehow that still gives the six legitimacy without any further evidence? Good luck with that one.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    So O'Tuathail claimed 8 meetings versus 2-3 times over two years. Two of O'Tuathail's meetings are immediately shown to be false, but somehow that still gives the six legitimacy without any further evidence? Good luck with that one.

I said all I wanted was the question asked. He may very well have an alibi but it should be tested. I suspect a td of a certain party you claim to hate would be subjected that indignity at the very least

I said all I wanted was the question asked. He may very well have an alibi but it should be tested. I suspect a td of a certain party you claim to hate would be subjected that indignity at the very least

It's not credible really is it?You'd want to be an idiot to swallow the excuses being peddled.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Well for someone who makes extraordinary claims about FG/Leo/Government having editorial control over RTE and the Irish Times, with no proof mind, its a bit rich to take your point regards this issue.

Claims were made by the Village Magazine, where it was immediately shown as false. I think it ended there when they made false claims that were unproven.

Of course they did.

Screenshot-2021-02-17-at-02-04-00.png

Didn't he (Zero Craic) also take the pics in which Leo posed at the traveller site in D15?

Yes I'm sure we've all taken our casual acquaintances into our place of work and had them campaign for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭dubrov

golfball37 wrote:

In fairness, if it is true that two of the claims were shown to be false, the question was pretty much answered

Well for someone who makes extraordinary claims about FG/Leo/Government having editorial control over RTE and the Irish Times, with no proof mind, its a bit rich to take your point regards this issue.

Claims were made by the Village Magazine, where it was immediately shown as false. I think it ended there when they made false claims that were unproven.

After your ‘extraordinary’ leap there in p1 I don’t think I can take anything you say on the matter seriously anymore. I said RTÉ gave more coverage to the Stanley tweets in November than they did to this issue.
    The jump from that to your conclusion wouldn’t be done by Bob Beamon wearing rocket fuelled runners.

dubrov wrote: »
    In fairness, if it is true that two of the claims were shown to be false, the question was pretty much answered

I suspect they are better friends than Varadkar claimed. Leo always delivers he said to his mates. One way of testing this is to ask the question. There are still four meetings unaccounted for- seems like a good place to start for a journalist interested in holding ethical standards in politics to account. At the very least they could rubbish Village magazine if it was entirely made up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Didn't the village say that it had proof that they met at least 8 or 9 times?

Suckit wrote: »
    Didn't the village say that it had proof that they met at least 8 or 9 times?

Sure there's a load pictures of them together anyway.leo's Dail spoof is proven wrong by pictures alone.

• Advertisement

Sure there's a load pictures of them together anyway.leo's Dail spoof is proven wrong by pictures alone.

Was Varadkar doing the dirty?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement