Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

McMurphy wrote: »
    Is that you now admitting I didn't say what you think I said?

You're not a "journalist" for the Indo are you. :pac:

Great ninja edit.

And no.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No I asked from the start why you said it's mad this story got released when the governments ratings were down.

Do you think its a conspiracy?

I just want to know why you think it's mad.

Once again, maybe you're confusing me with another poster, but this is what you said.
    Hold on now.

Let's go back to your original point.

You suggested the story was made up to deflect from the leak story.

Who did you mean, Leo, Leo's advisors, FG??

Now as I said you haven't shown any proof of that.

I replied that I never said it was "made up" (even though it now is abundantly clear it was made up:D)

I replied to you that I never said it was made up, I said it was rehashed, same day as a disastrous poll.

Do you see the difference in a rehashed story and a made up one?

Once again, maybe you're confusing me with another poster, but this is what you said.

I replied that I never said it was "made up" (even though it now is abundantly clear it was made up:D)

I replied to you that I never said it was made up, I said it was rehashed, same day as a disastrous poll.

Do you see the difference in a rehashed story and a made up one?

OK it wasn't made up.

It was rehashed, makes no difference to my question.

Now once again, what's mad the story appeared the same day the governments rating is down?

What's mad about it?

Do you think its one big conspiracy?

That's about 4 times now you've brought "SF/IRA" into the thread (I thought Ian Paisley had died btw) however you're way off the mark.

The people issuing these threats won't take kindly to being described as "Irish" would be my guess.

Loyalists aren't exactly known for their Irish passports and declaring Irish as their nationality on census forms

It's an interesting development, mad how these things always happen same time there's woeful polls on the govt.

thumbnail_p1-graphic.jpg

What's mad that these things always happen as you said?

OK it wasn't made up.

It was rehashed, makes no difference to my question.

Now once again, what's mad the story appeared the same day the governments rating is down?

What's mad about it?

Do you think its one big conspiracy?

So I didn't think it was a made up story to deflect from him leaking?

I'll take that as you admitting you may have made a mistake.

Btw, aren't people discussing the now confirmed "made up" story, rather than the govt rating being down?

I was correct to question the tale, and the morning it was rehashed AND, now confirmed to be "made up".

• Advertisement

So I didn't think it was a made up story to deflect from him leaking?

I'll take that as you admitting you may have made a mistake.

Btw, aren't people discussing the now confirmed "made up" story, rather than the govt rating being down?

I was correct to question the tale, and the morning it was rehashed AND, now confirmed to be "made up".

So there was nothing mad about it.

Just as I thought.

Unless you can tell us why it's mad????

So there was nothing mad about it.

Just as I thought.

Are you conceding it was made up now:confused:

Are you conceding it was made up now:confused:

No I'm asking why you said it's mad these stories get released when the governments ratings are down.

I've asked you why it's mad and you can't give me an answer.

So let's park it there.

No I'm asking why you said it's mad these storeies get released when the governments ratings are down.

I've asked you why it's mad and you can't give me an answer.

So let's park it there.

You're not conceding it was made up, despite Leo's spokes people rubbishing it?

Why:confused:

You're not conceding it was made up, despite Leo's spokes people rubbishing it?

Why:confused:

Why indeed.

Why is it mad???

• Advertisement

Why indeed.

Why is it mad???

I've already explained why it's (IMO) mad, here it is again in case you missed it.

Yet you'll not concede a confirmed made up story (confirmed by Leo Varadkars "spokesperson") is a made up story.

Mad indeed.

I've already explained why it's (IMO) mad, here it is again in case you missed it.

Yet you'll not concede a confirmed made up story (confirmed by Leo Varadkars "spokesperson") is a made up story.

Mad indeed.

Ah so you think there is someone in the media trying to deflect from the Governments latest poll.

I see.

Anything concrete to back that up?

Ah so you think there is someone in the media trying to deflect from the Governments latest poll.

I see.

I think we'll leave it there, I've made my points already, explained why etc.

You're however in denial.

The Indo published a completely false story, one you've yet to acknowledge was false.

I think we're done here tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,667 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I see.

The beauty of that sort of allegation is that you don't have to have anything to back it up, you just have to repeat it often enough until it becomes part of the wallpaper.

The Indo published a completely false story, one you've yet to acknowledge was false.

So, you run away when you’re losing the argument.

I find it interesting that satisfaction with the government was higher when Leo was in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Are any of the papers or sites going to make a correction or is it all going to be deleted tweets and URLs?

Neale Richmond giving interviews claiming “The threats are unnerving. You know, if you want to go for a run within your 5k and have to ask Special Branch to come with you, it has a huge impact on your life.“

Video doing the rounds of himself and Matt in the Phoenix Park which paints a very different picture.

Are any of the papers or sites going to make a correction or is it all going to be deleted tweets and URLs?

Neale Richmond giving interviews claiming “The threats are unnerving. You know, if you want to go for a run within your 5k and have to ask Special Branch to come with you, it has a huge impact on your life.“

Video doing the rounds of himself and Matt in the Phoenix Park which paints a very different picture.

I think that video was before the escalated threats.

So, you run away when you’re losing the argument.
    I wasn't in "an argument" Maryanne, but that's certainly an interesting take on things. Maybe when jingle has some clear reflection on things he might be able to bring himself to admit he was sold a pup. The Leo "story" yesterday was a crock of lies, I can't help who bought into it.
    I find it interesting that satisfaction with the government was higher when Leo was in charge.
    I find it interesting that you're wearing a lovely set of blinkers.

"Satisfaction" according to you, was obviously when he (Leo) returned FG their second worst election result since the party's Foundation*?

*I can see how you thought I was losing an argument now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

When Leo was Taoiseach they were easing restrictions after the 1st lockdown. All the Covid stuff was new. We'd just had the best spell of weather in years and people were being paid to stay at home and paint there house etc. We thought by the end of the summer it'd be more or less gone away with possibly a resurgence around flu season.

Now we've been through 12 months with mostly severe restrictions including some of the most miserable months of the year in level 5. People might never get their jobs back and the only hope is a vaccine rollout that nobody really knows when it'll be done.

But you seem to think any of this has to do with Leo being in charge. Correlation is not equal to causation.

NPHET have mostly run the country for the last year with Leo and Micheal as messenger. If Leo was still messenger satisfaction wouldn't be any different right now.

I never was talking about whether the story was true or not.

Turns out it wasn't, great I've admitted that. Not that I care either way.

I asked you why you said it's mad this story comes out around the time the governments ratings are down.

Whether the story is true or not doesn't matter.

Are you saying someone published the story( even if it was lies) to deflect?

If you are I just wanted some proof.

That's all I'm asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,603 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I never was talking about whether the story was true or not.

I asked you why you said it's mad this story comes out around the time the governments ratings are down.

Whether the story is true or not doesn't matter.

That's all I'm asking.

How would you prove that?

Ever hear of 'opinions' JJ?

You express them and the other person considers if they are relevant or pertinent, probable or vice versa.

Happens routinely on this site.

How would you prove that?

Ever hear of 'opinions' JJ?

You express them and the other person considers if they are relevant or pertinent, probable or vice versa.

Happens routinely on this site.

That's all I needed to know.

So in fact there is zero evidence it was released to deflect from the Governments poor rating.

Glad we can move on.

That's all I needed to know.

So in fact there is zero evidence it was released to deflect from the Governments poor rating.

Glad we can move on.

Yes, and we can all continue to wonder why an editor would press 'print' on a story that wasn't true.

Great - progress. Now why do you think the Indo would run a completely untrue story? How do you mistakenly think Leo and his partner moved out btw?

Sigh.... You asked me all this last evening, and I explained it all then too. I'll oblige you by copying and pasting the same reply you have already acknowledged getting last night.

That's all I'm asking.

How do you prove something that is based on an opinion? It's my opinion that it may have been a story printed to distract from a woeful govt poll.

Where's your "proof" my belief is wrong by the way:confused:

Nice day outside, lads. Bit chilly, but plenty of vitamin d and fresh air.

Nice day outside, lads. Bit chilly, but plenty of vitamin d and fresh air.

Perfect day for walking. Too cold for digging, though.

Perfect day for walking. Too cold for digging, though.

Not a bit of it. I'm in my geranium bed up to my ankles in stony grey soil.

Checking boards.ie is good for letting the back relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Again, the emphasis on his friend and ignoring the fact about having the NAGP on board with the agreement.

A prosecution isn't very effective when you leave out pertinent facts.

Leo leaked to his pal not the NAGP in any official government capacity. In fact it was a confidential document between the IMO and Dept. of Health. The NAGP were a rival union. Just some pertinent facts for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

But the opposition has generally favoured even tougher restrictions than the government. Once the pandemic is over it will immediately be consigned to history and will have very little impact on politics going forward. IMO little or nothing to be gained for either government or opposition from dwelling on it.

Remaining family members of the deceased might recall.
    Not related to Leo leaking to his pal, which will likely linger too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

When Leo was Taoiseach they were easing restrictions after the 1st lockdown. All the Covid stuff was new. We'd just had the best spell of weather in years and people were being paid to stay at home and paint there house etc. We thought by the end of the summer it'd be more or less gone away with possibly a resurgence around flu season.

Now we've been through 12 months with mostly severe restrictions including some of the most miserable months of the year in level 5. People might never get their jobs back and the only hope is a vaccine rollout that nobody really knows when it'll be done.

But you seem to think any of this has to do with Leo being in charge. Correlation is not equal to causation.

NPHET have mostly run the country for the last year with Leo and Micheal as messenger. If Leo was still messenger satisfaction wouldn't be any different right now.

Maybe you prefer the way things are run in Brazil ?

Place up in a heap...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement