Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

blanch152 wrote: »
    Leo has been on radio a lot during the last week, especially compared to the missing in action Mary-Lou.

God bless him, he has. Such as the clueless idiot he actually is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jmcc wrote: »
    He even wanted his phone back and the Gardai said no.

Regards...jmcc

You are clutching at straws lad. Varadkar is going to spring free from all of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Well, gutter journalism will speculate, but I am sure that as a reputable journalist, you wouldn't be indulging in that kind of speculation and will be reporting that Varadkar won't be charged, which is the main point of the story.
    I won't be reporting any such thing as I don't cover current affairs or politics. But if I did I would report it with the added caveat that damage has been done to FG and Leo.

You are clutching at straws lad. Varadkar is going to spring free from all of this.

And if he doesn't you can just change your username again and take up a new dick to suck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Jizique

Leo has been on radio a lot during the last week, especially compared to the missing in action Mary-Lou.

He was on Pat Kenny Thursday for over 30 mins

• Advertisement

And if he doesn't you can just change your username again and take up a new dick to suck

You might want to consider logging off for the night, dude. Not a good look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,422 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Well, gutter journalism will speculate, but I am sure that as a reputable journalist, you wouldn't be indulging in that kind of speculation and will be reporting that Varadkar won't be charged, which is the main point of the story.

The article in the Times is speculation blanch. The Garda source is 'speculating' on what might happen.

The article in the Times is speculation blanch. The Garda source is 'speculating' on what might happen.

Pretty much dampening all of the expectation around this.

We were told all day to expect some shattering news, the effective ending of the garda investigation with Varadkar going free, was not what was portended.

You might want to consider logging off for the night, dude. Not a good look.

I might want to consider many things tonight.

I might want a takeaway. Or a **** out the back

Who the **** are you to suggest I log off?

That's what the story in the Sunday Times says. Who is now clutching at straws?

• Advertisement

I might want to consider many things tonight.

I might want a takeaway. Or a **** out the back

Who the **** are you to suggest I log off?

Just looking out for you. You seem to be very angry, and are dishing out the abuse. There was definite homophobic undertones to your last post as well. Might be time to call it a night, and get a solid 8 hour in.

We were told all day to expect some shattering news, the effective ending of the garda investigation with Varadkar going free, was not what was portended.
    Where does it say an effective ending? All we know now is there is a high chance of no prosecution but until we 100% know this, there is no effective ending.

Just looking out for you. You seem to be very angry, and are dishing out the abuse. There was definite homophobic undertones to your last post as well. Might be time to call it a night, and get a solid 8 hour in.

Thanks for your utterly transparent concern trolling

You'll notice I didn't respond to that poster. Fairly clear they were a fan of Leo's from the get go. Hoped to get frenzy going. He/she failed and seems to have slunk off with their 1 or two post count. :)

And like I said at the start, Leo surviving and leading FG into the next election would suit my goal fine. So another few months of this story and cloud...hunky dory with me.

I very rarely agree with Dr. Phibes but this is one time that I do. We may be on opposite sides of the argument but this is taking things too far and is homphobic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Why homophobic? Do you know that poster knows what sex the other posters on here are?
    But I do find it comical that you are worried worried about how people look, while your sole reason for logging back into this forum is to defend an admitted rule breaker. How does that look? Should our children grow up believing it is okay to break the law, particularly if you are a politician? What sort of a confusing message is that sending out?
    How does that make an entire party look standing behind that? You should really be watching out how others look a little closer to home and not worry about posters on an anonymous forum.

P.S.
    You left out misogynistic, sexist and racist, and a few others.

Thanks for your utterly transparent concern trolling

Listen, I'll leave it up to you. This is an emotive topic for a lot of people, and the news this evening would appear to indicate it's a nothingburger story. As many of us predicted from the start.

No need to be telling a respected poster like Blanch to go find a new cock to suck though. Attack the post and not the poster and all that.

Okay.. look. If I said anything that could be understood as homophobic or anything else then I truly apologise. That's not who I am

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Where does it say an effective ending? All we know now is there is a high chance of no prosecution but until we 100% know this, there is no effective ending.

The Gardai admitting that Varadkar is unlikely to be prosecuted is an effective ending of this. Some straw-clutching going on to think otherwise.

A review of this thread to see some of the posts claiming Varadkar would do jail time would be amusing.

The Gardai admitting that Varadkar is unlikely to be prosecuted is an effective ending of this. Some straw-clutching going on to think otherwise.

A review of this thread to see some of the posts claiming Varadkar would do jail time would be amusing.
    Any Gardai admitting unlikely prosecution does not effectively end anything.
    Wishful thinking. I doubt it anyone ever really expected that Leo would be prosecuted (also wishful thinking if they did), but he should be held accountable if found guilty. How that is determined will be anyones guess if he is. But I can't imagine the majority public would be too happy if he wasn't.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Wishful thinking. I doubt it anyone ever really expected that Leo would be prosecuted (also wishful thinking if they did), but he should be held accountable if found guilty. How that is determined will be anyones guess if he is. But I can't imagine the majority public would be too happy if he wasn't.

Plenty of posts on this thread expecting him to do jail time, plenty of others expecting him to be in court.

It's over, lads.

Whatever happens FG and Leo are damaged. FG will be looking at replacing Leo as they don't want him at the helm for much longer.

Plenty of posts on this thread expecting him to do jail time, plenty of others expecting him to be in court.

It's over, lads.

We will see.

It's over, lads.

It's not over until the DPP says so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,489 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Suckit wrote: »

What???

Now you're saying noone expected him to be prosecuted???

What in gods name have you lads been keeping this thread active everyday for months now so???

Give over, yous all thought he would be charged and in court and found guilty, even prison time was mentioned.

Ah jaysus.

Paddy Cosgrave. That's who you pinned your hopes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,489 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Whatever happens FG and Leo are damaged. FG will be looking at replacing Leo as they don't want him at the helm for much longer.

Most popular party and leader in the latest polls.

Hmmmm

It's over, lads.

Plenty expecting this was over a weekin. Plenty expecting him not to be criminally investigated.

Plenty reckoning it is over based on an un-named Garda source speculating and plenty ignoring it has to go to the DPP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

jmcc wrote: »
    And yet FG did not make any comment when Varadkar was interviewed under caution and had to surrender his mobile. Then again, if FG supporters tolerate such low behaviour in high places, what does it say about them? FG is no longer the party of law and order. It is just FF with better suits. This story does not look like it is quite over yet.

Regards...jmcc

Why would they?

If they did, the same people giving out about this, the likes of Paddy Cosgrove and Mark Caul would be jumping up and down saying FG is trying to interfere with a Gardai Investigation.

But that is the point right, jumping up and down for every little bit of 'news' even though it's not news.

Anyways, looks like Leo won't be spending time in the Joy after all, much to the disappointment of some, which shows that many people don't have a notion.

I'm sure the level-headed members and elected reps of FG will decide that. A load of lads with pirate flags in their Twitter bio isn't representative of public opinion.

• Advertisement

Plenty of posts on this thread expecting him to do jail time

Where are those posts? ??

Can you link to a few?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement