Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jmcc wrote: »
    Multiple question marks? :)
    E0VRUWGXMAgBCj1.jpg

Just a small mention on the front of the Sindo.

Regards...jmcc

Id say Leo will be making dam sure that Kate o'Connell isnt within an asses roar of that by election ticket. He already shafted her in the last election during the campaign by absolutely flooding Ranelagh night after night with the Young Fine Gael army all with their 'Team Eoghan Murphy' orange rainjackets on. I saw 30-40 of them meeting at the Triangle at 6pm every evening. The younger lads had snot on their schooljumpers and the older lads all looked like Penfold out of Danger Mouse. My mate commented that he's never seen such a bunch of sad sacks all in the one place at the one time. They spent weeks wrecking the heads of Ranelagh residents to get them to vote for an incompetent Murphy over O'Connell, it worked too as he retained his seat and she lost hers.

The Fine Gael choir boys got both their supper and their revenge on O'Connell. In doing so they ousted one of Fine Gaels better performers from politics and literally engineered the re-election of one of the most incompetent Ministers every seen in this state. It says it all about the Fine Gael party really, they readily embrace mediocrity and actively fight for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Id say Leo will be making dam sure that Kate o'Connell isnt within an asses roar of that by election ticket. He already shafted her in the last election during the campaign by absolutely flooding Ranelagh night after night with the Young Fine Gael army all with their 'Team Eoghan Murphy' orange rainjackets on. I saw 30-40 of them meeting at the Triangle at 6pm every evening. The younger lads had snot on their schooljumpers and the older lads all looked like Penfold out of Danger Mouse. My mate commented that he's never seen such a bunch of sad sacks all in the one place at the one time. They spent weeks wrecking the heads of Ranelagh residents to get them to vote for an incompetent Murphy over O'Connell, it worked too as he retained his seat and she lost hers.

The Fine Gael choir boys got both their supper and their revenge on O'Connell. In doing so they ousted one of Fine Gaels better performers from politics and literally engineered the re-election of one of the most incompetent Ministers every seen in this state. It says it all about the Fine Gael party really, they readily embrace mediocrity and actively fight for it.

Lot of bile in the last paragraph in fairness.

9.5 I’d give it on the Boards Bileometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,633 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Muahahaha wrote: »

The cult of Leo.

The party members voted against him by 7000 to 3000 approx. He has done a lot of damage and there'll be plenty of knives awaiting a home I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Lot of bile in the last paragraph in fairness.

9.5 I’d give it on the Boards Bileometer.
    Any actual feedback, besides the usual slinging of muck?

Leo has actively damaged FG through his own posturing, leaking, smears against his own party members and ensuring jobs for the boys (however incompetent).

I wasn't there to witness the schoolkids out canvassing for Murphs, but clearly it made a big impact, just like he made a big impact on the homelessness crisis.

Not in a good way.

Leo has actively damaged FG through his own posturing, leaking, smears against his own party members and ensuring jobs for the boys (however incompetent).

I wasn't there to witness the schoolkids out canvassing for Murphs, but clearly it made a big impact, just like he made a big impact on the homelessness crisis.

Not in a good way.

:confused:

Gave the feedback……. to the slinging of muck.

• Advertisement

Not in a good way.

That why they're polling consistently 10% higher than GE 20 or is it just your view?
    Lookit there's a large cohort in the centre of Irish politics that don't look left or care a penny damn how many U. S soldiers flow through Shannon
    They're interested in ambition and a good living for themselves, friends and families, something more maybe if it comes from a strong economy, certainly nothing less
    That cohort votes in the centre and is largely turned off by shouting angry lefties

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Not in a good way.
    Varadkar led FG to its worst GE defeat since 1948. apparently.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    Varadkar led FG to its worst GE defeat since 1948. apparently.

Regards...jmcc

Shhh, the FG deflection crew will be in to tell us he cleaned up the party and got rid of some excess voters they didn't need!

Shhh, the FG deflection crew will be in to tell us he cleaned up the party and got rid of some excess voters they didn't need!

Nah, they'll just remind ye of SF's and FG's election results 9 months prior in 2019 as a cautionary tale on protest vote dependency or declarations of what's going on based on one vote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The Kate O'Connell development could be an interesting one, considering she backed Coveney over Leo, and Leo repayed that backing with the whole YFG minions pushing for the Murph vote.

When Murph got in at Kate's expense, she was probably expecting a seat in the Seanad, but Leo knived her there too.

She popped up on the telly there recently to tell us she thought Varadkar was in trouble when new emails emerged that showed he was economical with the truth surrounding certain aspects of the story.

If she's talking to the guards, she could possibly be grassing varadkar up as opposed to paying lip service to them, politics is a long road with plenty of turns, revenge being a dish best served cold is springing to mind here.

I hope Leo is touching cloth on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Nah, they'll just remind ye of SF's and FG's election results 9 months prior in 2019 as a cautionary tale on protest vote dependency or declarations of what's going on based on one vote :)

Worst election result in 71 years for FG. Some "leader"! Rejected by the FG grassroots and installed by the FG politburo.

Regards...jmcc

In other news, Leo was administering vaccines as a Vaccinator at the Helix today :)

In other news, Leo was administering vaccines as a Vaccinator at the Helix today :)

I hope he doesn't leak any!

Wonder will be sneak any spare vaccinations out and administer them to his mates who aren't really his mates cos afterall, Leo always delivers.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Wonder will be sneak any spare vaccinations out and administer them to his mates who aren't really his mates cos afterall, Leo always delivers.

I think you're only displaying new irrelevant depths of petty there, but hey ho carry on, I wouldn't expect any different, given the likely outcome of this investigation and your hopes for it are vastly different
    Unleesh that anger, pent up is no place for it
    You won' t mind if I ignore the rest of it as it belches out :)

I think you're only displaying new irrelevant depths of petty there, but hey ho carry on, I wouldn't expect any different, given the likely outcome of this investigation and your hopes for it are vastly different
    You won' t mind if I ignore the rest it as it belches out :)

Self aggrandising stunts deserve to be pilloried. Leo is too fond of them.

You won' t mind if I ignore the rest of it as it belches out :)

Irrelevant:confused:

You are the poster trying to divert the thread topic to Leo administering vaccines in the helix, when the thread is literally about him abusing his position and leaking confidential information to his pal.

Nothing irrelevant about my post at all horse.

You are the poster trying to divert the thread topic to Leo administering vaccines in the helix, when the thread is literally about him abusing his position and leaking confidential information to his pal.

Yes...a FG aggrandising post from Marine there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

The best thing about Varadkar doing a genuinely decent thing and quietly vaccinating since the Helix opened in March, apart from the helping of our vaccine rollout of course, is how some people are so wound up about him that they are annoyed about it :)

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    The best thing about Varadkar doing a genuinely decent thing and quietly vaccinating since the Helix opened in March, apart from the helping of our vaccine rollout of course, is how some people are so wound up about him that they are annoyed about it :)

So 'quiet' there are people posting about it on websites to big up Leo and take attention away from his travails with the law?

Yeh right. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Just waiting for the topless photos of him thrashing wheat, building roads, and on horseback...

Leo sets up token photo shoot = wow

Leo caught red handed giving confidential documents to vested interests = nothing to see here

Yes...a FG aggrandising post from Marine there. :)

Talk about a haymaker. :D

Off to watch some sport now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

So 'quiet' there are people posting about it on websites to big up Leo and take attention away from his travails with the law?

Yeh right. :):)

You can't help yourself, gas :)

As I said, its the best thing about it. Apart from helping our vaccine rollout.

:)

Seriously up on the bile meter now.

Guy is helping out and still gets shade .

Unfortunately that’s the kind of folk we are dealing with.

You can’t beat that kind bulldust, can we horse.

Very very questionable tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

The true colours on display now. Lads getting angry over Varadkar helping with the vaccine rollout on his Bank holiday Sunday. I'm sure its a lot more productive than the angry lads here are up to that's for sure.

If Leo does retire from politics it'll be his own decision. He's already left an excellent legacy and he will always be remembered as the inspirational Taoiseach who led the nation through the first part of the pandemic. Forever memorialized as a Churchill like figure in future episodes of reeling in the years. That's sure to piss off a few of the poster around here.

The true colours on display now. Lads getting angry over Varadkar helping with the vaccine rollout on his Bank holiday Sunday. I'm sure its a lot more productive than the angry lads here are up to that's for sure.

If Leo does retire from politics it'll be his own decision. He's already left an excellent legacy and he will always be remembered as the inspirational Taoiseach who led the nation through the first part of the pandemic. Forever memorialized as a Churchill like figure in future episodes of reeling in the years. That's sure to piss off a few of the poster around here.

Who is getting angry? I'm wincing myself at it being used to deflect from Leo's trouble with the Old Bill.

I'm not sure they'll put that bit about commemorating the Tans into an episode of RITY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Is this actually real. It can't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I'm not sure they'll put that bit about commemorating the Tans into an episode of RITY.

It was a commemoration of the RIC, many families had Irish ancestors who served in the RIC and were killed in the war of independence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If you genuinely believe this, or expect anyone else to, well.. I don't know anymore

Varadkar will be remembered as the man who had lots to say about everyone else's department, but who did very little in his own.

Who was more concerned with his personal profile and social media above all else and who promoted other similarly unqualified people in Murphy, McEntee, and Harris which we are all seeing the result of now.

Who cynically jumped on the referendum a few years back by coming out on national radio to boost his profile and leadership credentials, despite having completely the opposite view in the Dail a few years earlier.

Oh and not forgetting.. Who was the FG leader who cemented FF's return as a viable election prospect, and who then led them back into government because it was either that or let SF run things instead.

Yep, absolutely fantastic legacy. He managed to outdo his immediate predecessor in being the worst leader FG has had yet (which I'll grant him was no small achievement), and has left us with a fractured electorate, ever-worsening positions in health and housing and justice, and served to remind us of the most important fact...

...There's a very good reason why FG are never voted for based on merit or policy rather than as a protest vote - they always make things worse by the time they're done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement