Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    If you genuinely believe this, or expect anyone else to, well.. I don't know anymore

He's hardly expecting people with bitter opinions or the opposite on these trip advisor vradakar or SF hotel threads to change their minds
    People either enjoyed their stay or didn't
    The vast majority of holiday makers.in the middle couldn't care less about the extreme reviews
    Yours and Paddy's are just examples of both ends of the spectrum

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He's hardly expecting people with bitter opinions or the opposite on these trip advisor vradakar or SF hotel threads to change their minds
    People either enjoyed their stay or didn't
    The vast majority of holiday makers.in the middle couldn't care less about the extreme reviews
    Yours and Paddy's are just examples of both ends of the spectrum

I can't even make sense of this post to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Thats quite the allegation there again from you,with no evidence
    Slurs are usually the weaponary of those who've lost :)

How about lack of morals and ethics?lack of Common sense could work too.

thomas 123 wrote: »
    How about lack of morals and ethics?lack of Common sense could work too.

That would be an Ecumenical matter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

It was a commemoration of the RIC, many families had Irish ancestors who served in the RIC and were killed in the war of independence.
    The Black and Tans were members of the RIC. The fact that the Black and Tans/RIC commemoration was allowed to proceed is a tribute to Varadkar's poor political judgement and weakness as a leader of FG just as his leaking is conduct unbecoming of an FG leader let alone a taoiseach. But this is a thread about Varadkar leaking a confidential document to his friend and the fact that he is now under criminal investigation. His actions have damaged FG and he is quickly running out of political allies.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A number of posts deleted

No one has been found guilty of any offence, so do not post assuming they have

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

McMurphy wrote: »
    The Kate O'Connell development could be an interesting one, considering she backed Coveney over Leo, and Leo repayed that backing with the whole YFG minions pushing for the Murph vote.
    I hope Leo wasn't being sexist there by backing a person that had already told him that he had no real interest in going forward anymore and didn't want to be appointed a TD before the campaign. Leo not only backed him with the YFG minions, he pretty much made him run. He (Murphy) wanted a breather and wanted the new TD's to get a chance to prove themselves etc.. Has done nothing since. WhyTF run? WhyTF would Leo back him more than her (he had implied he had enough for now, he didn't want to be a minister again)

"What I had said to Leo before he even thought about appointments..." "I would like to step back from Government, from politics"

I can't imagine why a leader would push that guy more than somebody else in the same constituency, even if he had not liked her previous backing. It could be construed as sexist.
    In other news, Leo was administering vaccines as a Vaccinator at the Helix today :)
    Post it in the correct thread. The 'other news' thread would probably be best suited for it. Nothing to do with this one.
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    If you genuinely believe this, or expect anyone else to, well.. I don't know anymore

Varadkar will be remembered as the man who had lots to say about everyone else's department, but who did very little in his own.

Who was more concerned with his personal profile and social media above all else and who promoted other similarly unqualified people in Murphy, McEntee, and Harris which we are all seeing the result of now.

Who cynically jumped on the referendum a few years back by coming out on national radio to boost his profile and leadership credentials, despite having completely the opposite view in the Dail a few years earlier.

Oh and not forgetting.. Who was the FG leader who cemented FF's return as a viable election prospect, and who then led them back into government because it was either that or let SF run things instead.

Yep, absolutely fantastic legacy. He managed to outdo his immediate predecessor in being the worst leader FG has had yet (which I'll grant him was no small achievement), and has left us with a fractured electorate, ever-worsening positions in health and housing and justice, and served to remind us of the most important fact...

...There's a very good reason why FG are never voted for based on merit or policy rather than as a protest vote - they always make things worse by the time they're done.

Just to add, he will also be remembered as the person who used the office of the Taoiseach and official paper to write to Kylie Minogue and tell her he is a huge fan etc..
    Can't imagine that won't make 'reeling in the years' in time to come..

Suckit wrote: »
    I hope Leo wasn't being sexist there by backing a person that had already told him that he had no real interest in going forward anymore and didn't want to be appointed a TD before the campaign. Leo not only backed him with the YFG minions, he pretty much made him run. He (Murphy) wanted a breather and wanted the new TD's to get a chance to prove themselves etc.. Has done nothing since. WhyTF run? WhyTF would Leo back him more than her (he had implied he had enough for now, he didn't want to be a minister again)

"What I had said to Leo before he even thought about appointments..." "I would like to step back from Government, from politics"

I can't imagine why a leader would push that guy more than somebody else in the same constituency, even if he had not liked her previous backing. It could be construed as sexist.
    Ler me get this straight,you are accusing Vradakar of being sexist because he'ordered' young FG to canvass an area for Eoghan Murphy?
    Where is your evidence for this new allegation(other than the ramblings of mcmurphy)?
    Post it in the correct thread. The 'other news' thread would probably be best suited for it. Nothing to do with this one.
    If thats the case what has your unsubstantiated ramblings about sexism got to do with this thread or has it been renamed the 'bash leo thread' ?

Just to add, he will also be remembered as the person who used the office of the Taoiseach and official paper to write to Kylie Minogue and tell her he is a huge fan etc..
    Can't imagine that won't make 'reeling in the years' in time to come..
    we'll know shortly,they're doing the 2010's at the moment on sunday nights,not that anyone cares
    The simple fact is,we have 2 more years of him as Taoiseach to run,which is 3 years more than some here predicted when Kenny stepped down
    Not bad going,little wonder the haters are scrambling for their hate buckets and negativity,its a mentally unhealthy obsession in my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Id say Leo will be making dam sure that Kate o'Connell isnt within an asses roar of that by election ticket. He already shafted her in the last election during the campaign by absolutely flooding Ranelagh night after night with the Young Fine Gael army all with their 'Team Eoghan Murphy' orange rainjackets on. I saw 30-40 of them meeting at the Triangle at 6pm every evening. The younger lads had snot on their schooljumpers and the older lads all looked like Penfold out of Danger Mouse. My mate commented that he's never seen such a bunch of sad sacks all in the one place at the one time. They spent weeks wrecking the heads of Ranelagh residents to get them to vote for an incompetent Murphy over O'Connell, it worked too as he retained his seat and she lost hers.

The Fine Gael choir boys got both their supper and their revenge on O'Connell. In doing so they ousted one of Fine Gaels better performers from politics and literally engineered the re-election of one of the most incompetent Ministers every seen in this state. It says it all about the Fine Gael party really, they readily embrace mediocrity and actively fight for it.

Lovely description of some of our young people in this country.

All behind the comfort of a keyboard too.

Bravo sir.

So any news on when the file on Varadkar will be sent to the DPP?

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

jmcc wrote: »
    So any news on when the file on Varadkar will be sent to the DPP?

That type of news is usually available late of a saturday night or of a Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just a little refresher on Kate O'Connells relationship with Leo, her opinion on him leaking confidemtial documents to his pal, who isn't really his pal, and the unlikely scenario that it will be her that will be put forward, for the upcoming bye election to replace 'Murph'.

Varadkar 'in trouble' over NAGP contract says former FG TD
    A former Fine Gael TD has launched a blistering attack on her leader Leo Varadkar and asked “when he’s going to start delivering for” the party.

Kate O’Connell, a Dublin TD and pharmacist who lost her seat at the 2020 election, also said she believes Mr Varadkar is “in trouble” after it emerged former Minister for Health Simon Harris told gardaí that he had refused to leak a confidential document to the now-defunct organisation the National Association of General Practitioners.

Mr Harris was interviewed by gardaí regarding their investigation into the leak of the same document by Mr Varadkar in April 2019 earlier this year according to this morning’s Sunday Times.

“I do, I don’t like seeing anybody in trouble but I do think it’s very concerning for the party,” Ms O’Connell told Brendan O’Connor on RTE Radio this morning.

When you have the leader of the party subject to a criminal investigation it just wouldn’t sit well, in my view, with the membership of the party,” she said.

I get the feeling Kate won't exactly be "helping Leo", when she was "helping the Gardai with their enquiries" if you get my drift.

I get the feeling Kate won't exactly be "helping Leo", when she was "helping the Gardai with their enquiries" if you get my drift.
    She appears to be old school FG whereas Varadkar is not. Varadkar has also lost a few of his allies in FG (Murphy, Hayes, D'Arcy). Wouldn't be surprised to see moves being made against Varadkar in the next few weeks especially if there is an adverse result from the DPP.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 68,633 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Just a little refresher on Kate O'Connells relationship with Leo, her opinion on him leaking confidemtial documents to his pal, who isn't really his pal, and the unlikely scenario that it will be her that will be put forward, for the upcoming bye election to replace 'Murph'.

Varadkar 'in trouble' over NAGP contract says former FG TD

Like I said earlier, forget all the chummy PR, there are a lot of knives floating about for the bold Leo.

Like I said earlier, forget all the chummy PR, there are a lot of knives floating about for the bold Leo.

Theres a lot of wish casting on this thread by ,with absolutely zero knowledge of what is actually going on
    To each their own
    I prefer facts :)

Theres a lot of wish casting on this thread by ,with absolutely zero knowledge of what is actually going on
    To each their own

The local party is a microcosm of the national party. I know the local party very well. It is the same as parties everywhere. Political advancement creates enemies among your own...political advancement by nefarious methods creates bitter revengeful enemies.

To each their own

It's not factual O'Connell backed Coveney over Leo?
    It's not factual Leo had murphy minions saturating his area asking people to vote for him, but O'Connell didn't get the same thing?
    It's not factual O'Connell then lost her seat?
    It's not factual O'Connell is/was outspoken about Leos leadership?
    It's not factual O'Connell stated he could be in trouble for leaking the confidential documents to his friend, who isn't really his friend?

Do you think the examiner just concocted the article, and that it was a voiceover actor wheeled into O'Connor's radio show, and not Kate O'Connell herself that was speaking?

Leoites are gas.

You should consider joining FG, Murph.

You do a huge amount of thinking about them, and seem to have a fairly strong grasp on the inner machinations of the party. They might welcome a bright young buck like yourself with open arms.

It's not factual O'Connell backed Coveney over Leo?
    It's not factual Leo had murphy minions saturating his area asking people to vote for him, but O'Connell didn't get the same thing?
    It's not factual O'Connell lost her seat?
    It's not factual O'Connell was outspoken about Leos leadership?
    It's not factual O'Connell stated he could be in trouble for leaking the confidential documents to his friend, who isn't really his friend?

Do you think the examiner just concocted the article, and that it was a voiceover actor wheeled into O'Connor's radio show, and not Kate O'Connell herself that was speaking?

Leoites are gas.

No,I think you are wishing about things that you know nothing about,adding 2 and 2 and getting 5 again
    Not every party operate like SF you know...
    I think the last line of O'Connells article was speculation to which noone knows the answer
    What I do know is We've 2 more years of Taoiseach Vradakar ahead
    That bit is an actual fact :)

You should consider joining FG, Murph.

You do a huge amount of thinking about them, and seem to have a fairly strong grasp on the inner machinations of the party. They might welcome a bright young buck like yourself with open arms.

The very fact I am a "bright young buck" is exactly the reason FG don't appeal to me, and the majority of the other bright young bucks in the country Doc.

Their up and comings, the likes of Foley-Walsh and that other yoke who essentially wanted pensioners to be culled so he could go out and have beers with his budsers are what beckons.

• Advertisement

The very fact I am a "bright young buck" is exactly the reason FG don't appeal to me, and the majority of the other bright young bucks in the country Doc.

Their up and comings, the likes of Foley-Walsh and that other yoke who essentially wanted pensioners to be culled so he could go out and have beers with his budsers are what beckons.

Haven’t a clue what the second paragraph is about, Murph. Youth politics is it? Shower of little fückers the lot of them.

I’m not a country doctor btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    The best thing about Varadkar doing a genuinely decent thing and quietly vaccinating since the Helix opened in March, apart from the helping of our vaccine rollout of course, is how some people are so wound up about him that they are annoyed about it :)

Yeah, amazing to see this thread spring into life whenever Leo gets some favourable publicity. The bitterness runs very deep.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yeah, amazing to see this thread spring into life whenever Leo gets some favourable publicity. The bitterness runs very deep.

Whenever Leo pulls a publicity stunt, you mean. Not seeing much 'favourable publicity', I am still seeing people awaiting the outcome of a long criminal investigation...which is far from favourable.

Haven’t a clue what the second paragraph is about, Murph. Youth politics is it? Shower of little fückers the lot of them.

Yeah basically, I'm cautious of the warning in the op, and trying not to veer off topic too much but it was summed up perfectly by another poster earlier in the thread, but YFG in particular seems to attract Tory boy type individuals, caricatures of themselves kind of thing.
    I’m not a country doctor btw.

And I'm not nuts nor crazy in the big house doc. Not since my lobotomy.

There does seem to be an attempt to deflect from the criminal investigation into Varadkar leaking a confidential document to his friend by dumping PR fluff into the thread. I think that there were four people on that Oireachtas Health committee. Kate O'Connell and Bernard Durkin were two. Not sure who the others were but having them interviewed as witnesses does not look good for Varadkar. There was a time when everyone was being assured by FG that there was nothing to be be seen and that the Village Magazine was a "fringe" publication. The "mainstream" media had to be dragged along kicking and screaming to cover it. Varadkar's fate hinges on the DPP's decision. That is unless he has resigned before that.

Regards...jmcc

In my experience young bucks (usually) get sense with age or when they start earning a few bob and have responsibilities
    The likes of the Ógra SF lads waving USSR flags for example who seemingly havent worked out that Stalins gulags were also internment,only an awful lot worse

jmcc wrote: »
    There does seem to be an attempt to deflect from the criminal investigation into Varadkar leaking a confidential document to his friend by dumping PR fluff into the thread. I think that there were four people on that Oireachtas Health committee. Kate O'Connell and Bernard Durkin were two. Not sure who the others were but having them interviewed as witnesses does not look good for Varadkar. There was a time when everyone was being assured by FG that there was nothing to be be seen and that the Village Magazine was a "fringe" publication. The "mainstream" media had to be dragged along kicking and screaming to cover it. Varadkar's fate hinges on the DPP's decision. That is

Unfortunately for your above analysis,the latest newspaper scoops from Garda sources suggest no crime in relation to the document as it had no protected status and theres no suggestion of a gain for Vradakar
    Theres plenty of evidence that the former members of the NAGP signed up en masse to the contract though
    All good :)

In my experience young bucks (usually) get sense with age or when they start earning a few bob and have responsibilities
    The likes of the Ógra SF lads waving USSR flags for example who seemingly havent worked out that Stalins gulags were also internment,only an awful lot worse

This "young buck" turned 40 last year, is university educated, a partner in a company in very specialised market, contracts with several large companies north and south of the border, in an industry that is pretty much recession proof.

Married to a similarly university educated professional, with her own successful career.

Father to four.

When will all this growing up, sense, and responsibilities start happening?

I did say most :)

• Advertisement

Unfortunately for your above analysis,the latest newspaper scoops from Garda sources suggest no crime in relation to the document as it had no protected status and theres no suggestion of a gain for Vradakar
    Would these be "scoops" from FG-friendly media or trustworthy media? The biggest problem for FG is that the DPP will send the case forward for prosecution to avoid any problems with political favouritism.

Regards...jmcc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement