Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

blanch152 wrote: »
    Some bizarre straw-grasping going on or strange unspoken allegations.

Maybe I missed them, but I haven't seen any misogynistic comments about Kate in the last few pages. Neither have seen any personalised insults about her. I did see a reference to Varadkar as a "spoiled little brat", which is probably the worst bit of name-calling on the thread in the last few days, but nobody responded to it.

The comment on the Gript article was mine, which was surprise at not having heard some of it before, and saying that it "seems" very accurate, which again, isn't a full endorsement of either the article or the publication.
    No straw grasping.

I haven't ever seen misogynistic comments, but it hasn't stopped the regular FG crew from calling it out every. single. time. a female FG member gets called out for something.

Except Kate. I guess she is fair game now to the very loyal.. :rolleyes: That word carries a lot of irony in FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Suckit wrote: »
    No straw grasping.

I haven't ever seen misogynistic comments, but it hasn't stopped the regular FG crew from calling it out every. single. time. a female FG member gets called out for something.

Except Kate. I guess she is fair game now to the very loyal.. :rolleyes: That word carries a lot of irony in FG.

Again, I haven't seen any alleged "FG crew" making any kind of comment that could be construed in any way as misogynistic. There appears to be a lot of wishful thinking going on.

Anyway, I suppose we should stop talking about other posters, especially as we are agreed that nobody is making misogynistic comments about Kate, and get back on topic.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Again, I haven't seen any alleged "FG crew" making any kind of comment that could be construed in any way as misogynistic. There appears to be a lot of wishful thinking going on.

Anyway, I suppose we should stop talking about other posters, especially as we are agreed that nobody is making misogynistic comments about Kate, and get back on topic.

That's my point, in general, when it is called out (in these subs). Or sexist, racist, homophobic etc.. take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

McMurphy wrote: »
    Yep that's the thread where it took place. Seems Kate O'Connell now being damaged goods as far as the leadership is concerned means she's fair game for the FG crew to castigate.
    I wonder what she told the Gardai when they interviewed about Leo and his leaking? I'd say Leo must be worried as she has nothing to lose.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I wonder what she told the Gardai when they interviewed about Leo and his leaking? I'd say Leo must be worried as she has nothing to lose.
    I was wondering the same before I heard the Claire Byrne interview. I don't think she said anything that may affect him, but she may go back with info she forgot about now. :pac::D

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    I was wondering the same before I heard the Claire Byrne interview. I don't think she said anything that may affect him, but she may go back with info she forgot about now. :pac::D
    She did say she is still a member of FG and going after Leo will get rid of the main reason why she can't be a TD or Senator. I am sure FG won't care if she brings down Leo because as long as he is still Taoiseach FG are damaged goods.

The Claire Byrne interview was Bizzare
    I preferred the Callans kicks version though :pac:
    I'd imagine Kate o' Connell would have told Gardai,the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth
    In which case Leo would have nothing to worry about,legally anyway
    Not so sure the same could be said electorally
    The DBS seat is probably Ivana Baciks now and she deserves it in my opinion career wise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

The DBS seat is probably Ivana Baciks now and she deserves it in my opinion career wise

Why does she deserve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Why does she deserve it?

I'm gonna guess that anyone who isn't Kate deserves it.

I'm gonna guess that anyone who isn't Kate deserves it.

Nope, she's been trying a long time
    Effort :)

• Advertisement

Nope, she's been trying a long time
    Effort :)

a long time inability to connect with voters has been demonstrated also.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I would have thought the Greens were best placed, given they should be picking up transfers from both government and opposition

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I would have thought the Greens were best placed, given they should be picking up transfers from both government and opposition

Who's likely to pick up the Green nomination?

Surely Hazel Chu's recent shenanigans will count against her irrespective of how well she polled in the local elections.

It appears she's got many backers within the party.

The deputy leader Catherine Martin and her faction within the party,not forgetting her husband.

Can't imagine Eamon Ryan will be her biggest advocate.

Massive schism within the party.

Very hard constituency to call.

I'd have imagined Kate O Connell would have been strongly favoured to win the by election,far less certainty around a James Geoghegan candidacy.

Leo is risking the seat as he just doesn't like this KOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

glasso wrote: »

Looks that way, would prefer the seat go to another party than see 'that woman' win it. Guess a Green victory could be a bit of a face-saver...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

glasso wrote: »

And working with Murph to organise the nomination for young Geoghegan who jumped ship with Lucinda Creighton (KO’C’s predecessor) to form Renua before running back to FG with his tails between his legs when it all blew up on them. I wonder is it his years or prior loyal service to FG which got him back or his establishment credentials - after all not many people can claim to be the child of two Supreme Court justices and the grandchild of two others. It’s not what one would naturally have seen as Varadkar’s approach to politics. He is the creative disruptor rather than establishment after all.

Marcusm wrote: »
    And working with Murph to organise the nomination for young Geoghegan who jumped ship with Lucinda Creighton (KO’C’s predecessor) to form Renua before running back to FG with his tails between his legs when it all blew up on them. I wonder is it his years or prior loyal service to FG which got him back or his establishment credentials - after all not many people can claim to be the child of two Supreme Court justices and the grandchild of two others. It’s not what one would naturally have seen as Varadkar’s approach to politics. He is the creative disruptor rather than establishment after all.
    One of his grand fathers was a FF TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

skimpydoo wrote: »
    One of his grand fathers was a FF TD.

And the other one an FG TD.

Marcusm wrote: »

or tbh, could be at least partly if not fairly easily substantially (aside from Leo's obvious aversion to this particular member) as simple as Lucinda C's intimation that the local FG party members in DBS have come to the rational conclusion that KOC is a pain in the hole?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,633 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

‘There is insufficient evidence to support a charge and gardai will potentially recommend no prosecution, though they may also simply outline the facts and leave it for the DPP to decide.’

Not out of the woods yet so.

Since when do Gardai give official statements on matters they've referred to the DPP!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Since when do Gardai give official statements on matters they've referred to the DPP!

Can you link to the official statement? I haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Well, that’s a shocker! Never expected that!

You said she was an unreliable source anyway Maryanne, so undoubtedly you'll not be believing what she writes....
    Another Twitter dump from an unreliable source.

Exactly, it's going to be a binary outcome no matter what, and that Garda source is saying he might be prosecuted, but then again he might not. It's up to the DPP.

You may move into the Eoghan Harris thread for kicks soon when riggamortis sets into this story
    Oh wait ...already the top poster there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,633 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Can you link to the official statement? I haven't seen it.

Have Garda sources always been right?

No, they certainly haven't, so we are no further on from the last article quoting a Garda source.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Have Garda sources always been right?

No, they certainly haven't, so we are no further on from the last article quoting a Garda source.

Not sure what your comment means, I was asking for the official Garda statement the other poster mentioned had been issued.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Not sure what your comment means, I was asking for the official Garda statement the other poster mentioned had been issued.

There has been an official paddy cosgrave statement :)

https://twitter.com/bloodyshinners/status/1391520144191598592?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So there is a chance?

350.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement