Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Paddy Cosgrave interviewed.
    https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE/status/1392119854090575872

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

It's important to find out what behaviour is acceptable and the new norm so other governments and ministers can decide what to share and to who. Seems it's anything goes.
    I don't think that's a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,627 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jmcc wrote: »

Regards...jmcc

I thought the file had gone to the DPP...a ways to go yet on this.

I thought the file had gone to the DPP...a ways to go yet on this.
    Yep. Wonder if he will provide any updates on Twitter?

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

The precedent has been set now, that any Minister or TD can leak documents in the same way, and apologise and that will be the end of the matter,

That sounds good to me.

Although somehow I doubt that the members of the media who regularly receive leaked documents from unknown political sources will be particularly happy if a precedent of leaking documents only a few days after the relevant press release has been issued will become the new norm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

It looks like things are getting more interesting and its squeaky bum time for Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Yep. Wonder if he will provide any updates on Twitter?

Regards...jmcc

He is been hinting with a while now that there was more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Regards...jmcc

Why is he being questioned? Genuine question.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Don't know. Perhaps he has some knowledge of the events surrouding the matter.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

For wasting Garda time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

skimpydoo wrote: »
    It looks like things are getting more interesting and its squeaky bum time for Leo.

Not long after the dinner, could have done without reading this.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Is that some kind of veiled homophobic slur?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Alex Ferguson, refers to managers and staff sitting on the plastic seats when things are getting tense in a game shuffling around nervously making a squeaky noise caused by their bum.

Zero homophobia unless the mention of backside or an arsehole is now a homophobic slur? I don't know these days, could well be.

Why do people resort to the excuse of homphobic slurs when they know full well what I meant and that Leo's gig is up.

Squeaky Bum meaning.

Who knows, wouldn't surprise me with all the latest Twitter policing they are doing the rounds to the most high profile and outspoken of those about the case and against Leo and possibly advising against doing it all. Drew and Leo rounding up the present Stasí Síochána's finest and reminding us not to speak ill of our overlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Must be to help with the decision they are going to make as regards recommending a prosecution or not to the DPP's office.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Why do people resort to the excuse of homphobic slurs when they know full well what I meant and that Leo's gig is up.

Squeaky Bum meaning.

Trying to shut people down. There we'll known for it. This must be the third or fourth attempt in this thread alone.

Leo's gig is up
    Lol

Who knows, wouldn't surprise me with all the latest Twitter policing they are doing the rounds to the most high profile and outspoken of those about the case and against Leo and possibly advising against doing it all. Drew and Leo rounding up the present Stasí Síochána's finest and reminding us not to speak ill of our overlords.

This is tinfoil hat stuff. The idea that parts of the executive branch of the State are in cahoots with the Gardaí to silence or suppress online cranks like Cosgrave is laughable tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

"Blue Hugh" O'Connell on it now.

Web Summit founder Paddy Cosgrave interviewed by gardaí in relation to Leo Varadkar document leak probe

Paddy prob unable to resist getting this one in.
    “I was more than happy to assist the gardaí in their ongoing criminal investigation,” Mr Cosgrave told Independent.ie
    I'll bet he was, him and Kate O'Connell both. :D

• Advertisement

This is tinfoil hat stuff. The idea that parts of the executive branch of the State are in cahoots with the Gardaí to silence or suppress online cranks like Cosgrave is laughable tbh.

I know yeah, it’s total lunacy up there with the moon landing being staged, imagine the state and police colluding to silence their detractors, that’s never happened anywhere.

I guess the Gardai source at the weekend wont be asked anything again (if there even was one)

I''d say its more a case of Cosgrave was always going to be interviewed but his sense of self importance and pride must be hurting as he like an insignificant witness was left Paddy Last

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

McMurphy wrote: »
    "Blue Hugh" O'Connell on it now.

Web Summit founder Paddy Cosgrave interviewed by gardaí in relation to Leo Varadkar document leak probe

Paddy prob unable to resist getting this one in.

I'll bet he was, him and Kate O'Connell both. :D
    He probably spent most of the interview ranting about poor broadband and not getting free buses to his private event.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

padd b1975 wrote: »
    He probably spent most of the interview ranting about poor broadband and not getting free buses to his private event.

"whether or not charges should be brought against Mr Varadkar and others."

Who are the others? Paddy Cosgrave?

Are you going to apologise to me for that senseless insinuation? You knew full well what I meant yet you had to get your dig in to protect your precious Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

How very woke of you. And insulting not only to that poster but to the actual fight against homophobia.

You're just putting power in the hands of the bigots by creating specious arguments around an area of discrimination

blanch152 wrote: »
    "whether or not charges should be brought against Mr Varadkar and others."

Who are the others? Paddy Cosgrave?

I presume 'others' would come from among those interviewed. Did any of them assist Varadkar in what he confessed to in the Dáil. All sorts of possible offences there, aiding and abetting, obstruction etc etc.

I presume 'others' would come from among those interviewed. Did any of them assist Varadkar in what he confessed to in the Dáil. All sorts of possible offences there, aiding and abetting, obstruction etc etc.

Could also be questioned regarding wasting Gardas time by making an official complaint about something that was simply a personal vendetta against Leo?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Could also be questioned regarding wasting Gardas time by making an official complaint about something that was simply a personal vendetta against Leo?

I don't know if you can be charged for wasting police time unless the complaint made was knowingly false.

**Leo's admitted and apologised for sharing the document, and numerous people have been questioned under caution**

Yeah, I don't think "wasting police time" wil be applicable here Maryanne,

dig up ^^^

• Advertisement

Separate process and not covered by the two pieces of legislation they are currently investigating under.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement