Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I thought as much, thanks for clarifying.

I didn't really need you to clarify however, it is common enough when people are spoofing to put an attachment beside their caic tarbh, it makes it look more realistic? I thought attaching an internal memorandum from 2007 and declaring it as part of the Finance Act was laughable, you are a joke to me now.

Remember that please.

It's no odds to me what you think of me.

My lack of knowledge of the Finance Act does not change the fact that security classifications are used in the PS/CS. The attached document from the Dept of Finance was proof that they are used by the PS/CS.

And to be blatantly honest...the document at the centre of this controversy has a security classification of um....Confidential...therefore completely discrediting Pintman or whoever it was that denied it.

Im not sure how I can be accused of "spoofing" when I provided evidence to support my point.

There are other open source documents that confirm it. Theres a 2015 open source document from the DFA that deals with the security classifications and the EU if you want a more recent one.

So, you may as well completely discredit me by explaining how I am "spoofing".

Also, I did not declare anything as being part of the "Finance Act", maybe you should read what I posted again. You brought up the Finance Act, not me.

Now, explain how I was "Spoofing"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

s1ippy wrote: »

In the UK they seem to fall on their sword rather than being put to it. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

joemurt wrote: »
    Really. What deal was that?

A deal they were working on with a trade union body, as per his tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭bmc58

For financial gain?

Maybe a favour owed for something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Now, explain how I was "Spoofing"?

Come on , read the username. Is it fair to ask for an explanation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Come on , read the username. Is it fair to ask for an explanation?

It is an apt username alright :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

josip wrote: »
    Regardless of what happens to Varadkar, I can only see one answer to the "Why is this being reported now?" question.

It's payback time for criticising NPHET's leaking of the original Level 5 recommendation to the media.

Fair play to Tony, he's managed to outspin and outmaneuver Varadkar who has considerable experience of, and resources for, the dark arts.
    And all the while guiding the country safely through the Covid crisis.

Who leaked the messages that are being reported on today? Does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    A deal they were working on with a trade union body, as per his tweet.

''I don't know'' would have been sufficient. This is why I don't think you're original suggestion of friendly advise was genuine.

Anyway, strange the IMT removed the article in the link he provided.Anyone know how to find a deleted article?

Another IMT article suggests bad advice from the NAGP regarding social welfare certificates and their advice? Anyone know what that is about or can point out an article?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Phishnet wrote: »
    Why has the "Journal" closed all comments about this incident regarding Leo Varadkar?

Is the Journal a propaganda machine for FG?

Just find it all very unusual!

I’d view the closure of comments on that gutter media site as a positive. It highlights the gravity of Varadkars situation. There could be legal proceedings on this. There would be the same FG spin there as there would be here and also the same idiotic comments that could jeopardise a case brought against him.

Initially the FG groupies here were attacking and ridiculing the publication “The Village LOL” and the like, the normal arrogant and patronising tone without any substance or knowledge that they are famed for, now today it’s “nothing to see here move on” nervousness. Few piss poor attempts to deflect just falling flat. It’s pathetic, there’s no to even respond.

I have a sit back and enjoy the show attitude to Leo’s woes in all of this. He’s f*cked :)

''I don't know'' would have been sufficient. This is why I don't think you're original suggestion of friendly advise was genuine.

Anyway, strange the IMT removed the article in the link he provided.Anyone know how to find a deleted article?

Another IMT article suggests bad advice from the NAGP regarding social welfare certificates and their advice? Anyone know what that is about or can point out an article?

So you seem to think he is referring to the deal with the Government, that had published in full 5 days prior to that tweet, even though he is referencing a deal that NAGP were hoping to do with a Trade Union to ensure that they had union status?

You can keep digging into that tweet if you want, it would only be your own time you are wasting.

Edit: found an article to save you time.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1051065/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Yes, but it wasn't just any friend. It was the President of NAGP, the body that represented 40% of GPs at the time. The agreement was to cover all of those GPs also, so logically it makes sense that they were provided it.

The agreement was also to cover the 40% of GPs not part of any organization, but Leo did nothing to provide the agreement to them, such as publishing it on a Government website.

It's almost as if his priority was to pull a stroke for a mate rather than to get GPs onside.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

The agreement was also to cover the 40% of GPs not part of any organization, but Leo did nothing to provide the agreement to them, such as publishing it on a Government website.

It's almost as if his priority was to pull a stroke for a mate than to get GPs onside.

That's it.

It's almost as if his priority was to pull a stroke for a mate than to get GPs onside.

Pulling ??? Stroke??? Homophobe :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

No doubt about it. And that's why - for this ABFF/ABSF voter - he must go.

FG doesn't want -or need - corrupt egotistical slime like him rimming running the party. Denis Naughten was shafted by Leo for less and it's time that he lived up to the same standards that he expects from others.

If MM can't demand his resignation, then it's time that the Greens - having let Willie O'Dea off the hook during their last attempt to appear grown up - played senior hurling and insisted that he go.

So you seem to think he is referring to the deal with the Government, that had published in full 5 days prior to that tweet, even though he is referencing a deal that NAGP were hoping to do with a Trade Union to ensure that they had union status?

You can keep digging into that tweet if you want, it would only be your own time you are wasting.

No I don't think that at all.

You stated the article was not related, You'd look silly trying to lie about that. I was looking to see what it did actually relate to. That is why I asked if you knew. Simple as. Some interesting articles about the NAGP and the government over the years.

And I asked as I want to see if there is a historical pattern of NAGP, O Tuathail, Varadkar and leaks during negotiations surrounding health. A bigger picture.

Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The only reason you are surprised is because you don't understand security classification of documents, including who is authorised to compile, produce, disseminate and recieve them.

The fact that your understanding of wrongdoing is limited to if LV financially benefitted or not. Also, your determination that the document "wasn't sensitive" is wrong. If it wasn't sensitive, it wouldnt have been security classified.

Official documents range from Unclassified, Restricted, Confidential, Secret to Top Secret. A Confidential document has a high security classification.

The wider issue rests with LV. While this is a singualr incident, it puts into doubt all documents of interest which LV has had access to which come under the Official Secrets Act.

As Taoiseach, LV would have sat on the National Security Committee. A breach of the Official Secrets Act on any level discredits him completely.

He now cannot be trusted and a full investigation is warranted...regardless if you agree or not.

Very good post and bang on the money. That final bit about the National Security Committee reminds me of when Leaky Leo decided it would be a good idea to tweet a photograph of all of them in a meeting all so he could get a few likes on Twitter

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/928659147209498624

As the Sunday Times pointed out at the time no other properly run nation would publish a photo of their most senior national security officials in a meeting, you just dont do that sh1t on those tasked with ensuring the security of the State.

They called the photo a breach of national security and said that the senior army and security officials in the photo would not have been impressed with Leo for tweeting it. It was also pointed out that anyone with the proper software could zoom in on that page on your mans lap and refocus it to find out what they were discussing, it would be an easy exercise for any other foreign intelligence agencies to complete.

But heh, who cares about national security so long as Leo has something to tweet leak about :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Very good post and bang on the money. That final bit about the National Security Committee reminds me of when Leaky Leo decided it would be a good idea to tweet a photograph of all of them in a meeting all so he could get a few likes on Twitter

As the Sunday Times pointed out at the time no other properly run nation would publish a photo of their most senior national security officials in a meeting, you just dont do that sh1t on those tasked with ensuring the security of the State.

They called the photo a breach of national security and said that the senior army and security officials in the photo would not have been impressed with Leo for tweeting it. It was also pointed out that anyone with the proper software could zoom in on that page on your mans lap and refocus it to find out what they were discussing, it would be an easy exercise for any other foreign intelligence agencies to complete.

But heh, who cares about national security so long as Leo has something to tweet leak about :rolleyes:

Had to look twice or 3 times at that photo as I thought the lad 2 people to the left of the Teesh was Pearse Doherty :p:p:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I’d view the closure of comments on that gutter media site as a positive. It highlights the gravity of Varadkars situation. There could be legal proceedings on this. There would be the same FG spin there as there would be here and also the same idiotic comments that could jeopardise a case brought against him.

Initially the FG groupies here were attacking and ridiculing the publication “The Village LOL” and the like, the normal arrogant and patronising tone without any substance or knowledge that they are famed for, now today it’s “nothing to see here move on” nervousness. Few piss poor attempts to deflect just falling flat. It’s pathetic, there’s no to even respond.

I have a sit back and enjoy the show attitude to Leo’s woes in all of this. He’s f*cked :)
    This, 100%.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23leotheleak&src=typeahead_click&f=live

Still trending like crazy.

Meanwhile O'Tuathil and Leo haven't tweeted since Friday, despite ordinarily never shutting up. I expected "We're in this together so please everyone stay safe this Halloween. Don't gather in large groups or have parties, don't go trick or treating, stay at home too protect your loved ones." from either or both of the idiots but not a peep.

They're hiding. Cowering. They're absolutely up sh!t creek. If they avoid jail they'll be doing exceptionally well out of this.

It's like when someone sends something improper to the staff Hangouts chat and can't delete it and you're waiting all weekend to see what the boss is going to do about it but you know they're finished.

Muahahaha wrote: »

Page says - ''Printer does not fit in room''

Come on........all that james bond stuff when they only have to ask..........:)

Two hours and nothing :):):)

I think you are the last man standing and sweet jesus, god help the FG front line of defence if this is it on Boards

Where’s the pintman/flash or the lapdog emmetspice yoke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I think you are the last man standing and sweet jesus, god help the FG front line of defence if this is it on Boards

Blach was gone at first blood. Senior hurling my hole.

smurgen wrote: »
    Blach was gone at first blood. Senior hurling my hole.

That lad 😂😂😂

I don't follow the 2 hours and nothing? That it took 2 hours for joe to reply? People have lives off boards.

Do you know why unite the union decided not to make a deal with the NAGP? Like everyone else; the accounts or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Stay out of this thread.

Do you know why unite the union decided not to make a deal with the NAGP? Like everyone else; the accounts or something else?

What makes you think they didnt?

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1071611/

I don't follow the 2 hours and nothing? That it took 2 hours for joe to reply? People have lives off boards.

No, I think it was Andrews reply to you above he is referring to.

What makes you think they didnt?

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1071611/

NAGP folding. Cheers.

NAGP folding. Cheers.

They were folding in the 22 May article also.

• Advertisement

s1ippy wrote: »
    This, 100%.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23leotheleak&src=typeahead_click&f=live

Still trending like crazy.

Meanwhile O'Tuathil and Leo haven't tweeted since Friday, despite ordinarily never shutting up. I expected "We're in this together so please everyone stay safe this Halloween. Don't gather in large groups or have parties, don't go trick or treating, stay at home too protect your loved ones." from either or both of the idiots but not a peep.

They're hiding. Cowering. They're absolutely up sh!t creek. If they avoid jail they'll be doing exceptionally well out of this.

It's like when someone sends something improper to the staff Hangouts chat and can't delete it and you're waiting all weekend to see what the boss is going to do about it but you know they're finished.
    This 100000%...plus who wants to be dictated to be a slimey doctor who speaks about direct provision centres with distain and elitist tones..he should get **** all airtime now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement