Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

joemurt wrote: »
    No, I think it was Andrews reply to you above he is referring to.

I don't think so, given he didn't quote to any post relating to that. He quoted me providing you with the link to the article regarding the NAGP/Unite stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,452 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It was also pointed out that anyone with the proper software could zoom in on that page on your mans lap and refocus it to find out what they were discussing, it would be an easy exercise for any other foreign intelligence agencies to complete.

Enhance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

s1ippy wrote: »
    Meanwhile O'Tuathil and Leo haven't tweeted since Friday, despite ordinarily never shutting up.

Very telling Simon Harris remains silent online too.

Coveney tweeting, not a care in the world. I wonder..........:eek:

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I don't think so, given he didn't quote to any post relating to that. He quoted me providing you with the link to the article regarding the NAGP/Unite stuff.

Maybe. What do you think of Andrews comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Very good post and bang on the money. That final bit about the National Security Committee reminds me of when Leaky Leo decided it would be a good idea to tweet a photograph

That was an astonishing error of judgement and one which should have given him quite a hand slap.

• Advertisement

Maybe. What do you think of Andrews comment?

I think that the 2 major bodies representing GPs were provided with the document, and that delays (possibly incompetence) in the Department of Health meant there was a 5 week delay to get it up on the website for everyone else that has, for their own reasons, decided not to join IMO or NAGP.

I never claimed everything was done perfectly here. Just that the claims of criminal behaviour are hysterical. What this situation has shown me is that there was extreme inefficiencies within the Department of Health in providing the agreement to the people that needed to see it.

Andrew is entitled to his own opinion also. I don't agree with it, but that doesn't matter. I didn't realise there was seemingly a gang waiting in baited breathe for a response to it, apologies for keeping my fans waiting. There was no question in the post which required a response and I took it as Andrew just giving his own thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

s1ippy wrote: »

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23leotheleak&src=typeahead_click&f=live

Meanwhile O'Tuathil and Leo haven't tweeted since Friday, despite ordinarily never shutting up.

It's almost as if they only want to tweet when it makes them look good?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That was an astonishing error of judgement and one which should have given him quite a hand slap.

Wasnt it just, imagine tweeting out a photo of the people who are tasked with keeping tabs on dissident republicans and other extremist organisations. It is completely irresponsible and could even put their own safety in danger. Those senior army and intelligence officials working in national security not only should be under the radar but they also want to be too for very good reasons because of who they are dealing with.

Yet Leo thinks it is a good idea to tweet a photo of all of them, it was a complete brain fart of a move and absolutely dickish to those in the photo who had no choice in the matter and are prevented from speaking up about it either.

I didn't realise there was seemingly a gang waiting in baited breathe for a response to it, apologies for keeping my fans waiting. There was no question in the post which required a response and I took it as Andrew just giving his own thoughts.

As said I don't know either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Did anyone read the comments of Dominic Raabs allegations against Leo? Now Dominic is a tool but in light of what's transpired with Leo this is stark. He basically said said Coveney was clean and pointed the finger right at Leo for leaking info to the press in private conversations.

"Dismissing the claim from Raab, a government source questioned when the Irish government has ever leaked to The Daily Telegraph. The Tánaiste and Taoiseach were asked about the newspaper reports at the time, they added.

“Then three months later the Taoiseach is being brandished the leaker. Totally bizarre,” they added.

During exchange, Raab said that the meeting in question with Coveney was “very constructive” and that the pair had agreed to keep it private.”

“Check the media, I didn’t comment on it. It was only commented on, not by Simon Coveney, but by the Taoiseach,” Raab stated."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/brexit-dominic-raab-varadkar-4469317-Jan2019/%3famp=1

• Advertisement

As said I don't know either.

I don't follow, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I never claimed everything was done perfectly here. Just that the claims of criminal behaviour are hysterical. What this situation has shown me is that there was extreme inefficiencies within the Department of Health in providing the agreement to the people that needed to see it.

I'm no lawyer, but from what I've read in the legislation cited in the thread it seems a reasonable question if the circulation of this document was legal. It might not be greatly significant given what was broadly in the public domain, but I imagine following the letter of the law Leo could be in trouble. Far from hysterical in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

They called the photo a breach of national security and said that the senior army and security officials in the photo would not have been impressed with Leo for tweeting it. It was also pointed out that anyone with the proper software could zoom in on that page on your mans lap and refocus it to find out what they were discussing, it would be an easy exercise for any other foreign intelligence agencies to complete.

You've been watching too many movies where they show someone type into a computer screen and suddenly take over control of the NSA if you think text can be decoded from that photo resolution.

Also, I'd be sure that interested foreign intelligence agencies have ways and means of spying on us. After the Omagh bombing, with all the focus on catching the bombers, not much was said about how GCHQ was able to provide details from mobile phone contacts that occurred south of the border.

smurgen wrote: »
    Did anyone read the comments of Dominic Raabs allegations against Leo? Now Dominic is a tool but in light of what's transpired with Leo this is stark. He basically said said Coveney was clean and pointed the finger right at Leo for leaking info to the press in private conversations.

"Dismissing the claim from Raab, a government source questioned when the Irish government has ever leaked to The Daily Telegraph. The Tánaiste and Taoiseach were asked about the newspaper reports at the time, they added.

“Then three months later the Taoiseach is being brandished the leaker. Totally bizarre,” they added.

During exchange, Raab said that the meeting in question with Coveney was “very constructive” and that the pair had agreed to keep it private.”

“Check the media, I didn’t comment on it. It was only commented on, not by Simon Coveney, but by the Taoiseach,” Raab stated."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/brexit-dominic-raab-varadkar-4469317-Jan2019/%3famp=1

I think we can trust Raab alright....

I don't follow, sorry.

I don't actually know if he(she) was reffering to you not replying to Andrew for 2 hours or me not reply to you for 2 hours. I speculated. You could be right. I don't know.

I don't actually know if he(she) was reffering to you not replying to Andrew for 2 hours or me not reply to you for 2 hours. I speculated. You could be right. I don't know.

Ah, got it. Didn't pick up what you meant sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,332 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

You've been watching too many movies where they show someone type into a computer screen and suddenly take over control of the NSA if you think text can be decoded from that photo resolution.

Eddie Izzard really skewers those scenes:

Everyone on films is so swish on computers. B-der, b-der, b-der, dee, dee, dee. So expert on their computers. “Breaking into the Pentagon computer. “Double-click on ‘Yes’. “Oh. Password protected. 20 billion possible chances. “Er, “Jeff.” “Hey! “How did you know it would be Jeff?” “I knew there’d be a back door.” In films, the guy who made the software has always left a back door so he could get back in when he wanted and look at all the missiles and go, “Ooh”. And put one on his head. “And the guy who made the software was called Jeff Jeffety Jeff, “born on the first of Jeff, 19-Jeffety-Jeff. “So I put in Jeff and hey.”

Everyone on films is so swish on computers. B-der, b-der, b-der, dee, dee, dee. So expert on their computers. “Breaking into the Pentagon computer. “Double-click on ‘Yes’. “Oh. Password protected. 20 billion possible chances. “Er, “Jeff.” “Hey! “How did you know it would be Jeff?” “I knew there’d be a back door.” In films, the guy who made the software has always left a back door so he could get back in when he wanted and look at all the missiles and go, “Ooh”. And put one on his head. “And the guy who made the software was called Jeff Jeffety Jeff, “born on the first of Jeff, 19-Jeffety-Jeff. “So I put in Jeff and hey.”

Too true. My personal film/tv favourite is when they have a blurry CCTV image, but the more they zoom in to it the clearer it gets and suddenly they have a perfect image of a guys face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

I know someone who should read this post for inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,160 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I can just see General Election 2021 now....

- You walk in and use the hand sanitizer which is recalled 4 days later.
    -You are forced into a Covid Test and an experimental vaccine
    - The voting ballot has 3 odd but mandatory questions; (1) Who was your favourite Minister for Agriculture (2) What does Covid like to do? (3) What counties did Phil Hogan not visit? Answer them wrong at your peril.
    - Your vote is leaked immediately and if you do not vote FFG, you are fined for voting more than 5km from your house.
    - If FFG lose the election, emergency powers force a 2nd election 1 week later and all non-FFG folks get a positive test result forcing a 2 week stay in a detention camp outside Athlone.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,695 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

'Pressure growing on Tanaiste' 'Shadow growing over coalition', RTE reportage shifting in tone.

So far, seems like the classic lead up to a resignation.

The statement from O Tuathail is a justification not a defense or denial.

https://twitter.com/ciananbrennan/status/1323006329372463106?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Thats neither here nor there...lad is smashing it out the park,telling it like it is on twitter and cutting swathes through varadkars waffle/lies

Ok...I think you might be living in an alternative reality to myself if you think he’s ‘smashing it out of the park’.
    If Paul Murphy was serious about his job as a TD & real policies for the public good, he would be putting forward proposals for his zero Covid idea to the Dáil & ask for NPHET’s data to be shared with the wider public.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

'Pressure growing on Tanaiste' 'Shadow growing over coalition', RTE reportage shifting in tone.

But RTE don't report this stuff because they are paid by FG and Leo not to or something.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see him gone. His panicking over Phil Hogan did Ireland no favours, and didn't do him any favours within FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Just saw pascal Donahue on the news there. Very reassuring. :pac: He either did or he didn't and it is either a law or it isn't.

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

smurgen wrote: »
    The statement from O Tuathail is a justification not a defense or denial.

https://twitter.com/ciananbrennan/status/1323006329372463106?s=19

So why were they on about keeping it confidential, and stealing "their"(IMO) thunder? Bs. They knew it was wrong... imo

• Registered Users Posts: 68,695 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

But RTE don't report this stuff because they are paid by FG and Leo not to or something.

You might want to address that comment to somebody who has said that. Because I never did.

So why were they on about keeping it confidential, and stealing "their"(IMO) thunder? Bs. They knew it was wrong... imo

Re read the messages. His statement is nonsense.

https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE/status/1322474110883160065?s=09

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The lack of public support on Twitter from the usual Varadkar loyalists throughout today is interesting. Take Neale Richmond for example. Plenty of tweets today, not a single mentioning this matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement