Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

'Pressure growing on Tanaiste' 'Shadow growing over coalition', RTE reportage shifting in tone.

So far, seems like the classic lead up to a resignation.

He's done. It won't get to Tuesday. They know what is being held back by the village. Make a statement and it will be destroyed by the village minutes later. Would then be wiped out next GE when FF pull the rug.

Next up; Simon.

Wondering what the owners of Fine Gael are offering O Tuathuil atm to figure out what the village has. Nothing but abuse

joemurt wrote: »
    He's done. It won't get to Tuesday. They know what is being held back by the village. Make a statement and it will be destroyed by the village minutes later. Would then be wiped out next GE when FF pull the rug.

Next up; Simon.

Wondering what the owners of Fine Gael are offering O Tuathuil atm to figure out what the village has. Nothing but abuse

So the Village have even more evidence they decided to not publish? Why would any media organisation do that for a breaking story?

Leo is probably popular enough nationally to ride this out, his problem is he isn't popular enough within his own party anymore, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Next up; Simon.

What do you mean when you say "owners"? And if you have evidence that they are bribing or blackmailing O Tuathuil currently then you should report that immediately.

So the Village have even more evidence they decided to not publish? Why would any media organisation do that for a breaking story?

Leo is probably popular enough nationally to ride this out, his problem is he isn't popular enough within his own party anymore, afaik.

Reading between the lines,it seems they have more info (afaik the print copy already contains much more than the online version)

Most likely.the entirety of the whatsapp convo,which the contents of one can only speculate,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I think that the 2 major bodies representing GPs were provided with the document, and that delays (possibly incompetence) in the Department of Health meant there was a 5 week delay to get it up on the website for everyone else that has, for their own reasons, decided not to join IMO or NAGP.

Dept Health and all depts are well able to publish to their websites on demand. If Leo wanted to get a document published, it would be done within the hour.

• Advertisement

Former minister for agriculture Barry Cowen has said Leo Varadkar is 'entitled to make a mistake' and does not believe 'a grave should be prepared' for the Tánaiste as a result of the contract controversy.

Barry Cowen is one of the most tone deaf f+ckwits this country has ever produced. ''A GRAVE SHOULD BE PREPARED''. A Measure of the Cowen stock. I bet he loves the smell of slurry in the morning.

Dept Health and all depts are well able to publish to their websites on demand. If Leo wanted to get a document published, it would be done within the hour.

Thank you for that insight. I've never worked in the Department of Health, so wouldn't be aware of that fact.

Reading between the lines,it seems they have more info (afaik the print copy contains much more than the online version)

Most likely.the entirety of the whatsapp convo,which the contents of one can only speculate,

I hope the Village do have something more relevant than what's come out so far, because otherwise it's a fairly weak story. Negotiations had concluded already etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Thank you for that insight. I've never worked in the Department of Health, so wouldn't be aware of that fact.

I've never worked in Dept Health either, but I see stuff being published all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

There's an error in O Tuathail's statement. He says they received the info mid April however on the IMT website dated 29th April ;

"NAGP Chairman Dr Andy Jordan insisted: “It is now three weeks since the announcement of the new [GP] contract and to date there is no sign of any contract or contractual document. Until we see the contract document it is impossible to advise members."

https://www.imt.ie/news/nagp-blames-government-for-woes-29-04-2019/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Former minister for agriculture Barry Cowen has said Leo Varadkar is 'entitled to make a mistake' and does not believe 'a grave should be prepared' for the Tánaiste as a result of the contract controversy.

Barry Cowen is one of the most tone deaf f+ckwits this country has ever produced. ''A GRAVE SHOULD BE PREPARED''. A Measure of the Cowen stock. I bet he loves the smell of slurry in the morning.

Wow, I'm offended and impressed at the same time. Thanks

I hope the Village do have something more relevant than what's come out so far, because otherwise it's a fairly weak story. Negotiations had concluded already etc.

Indeed only in irelqnd would a party which styles itself the law and order party,view sharing of confidential documents to mates of the taoiseach as a non-story

But whatever,lets hold a tribunal for full totality of the info to come out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

It wouldn’t be unusual for a media outlet to hold back some info when breaking a story! It keeps the “target” thinking! If they leave stuff out, Leo would obviously know parts are missing.... but he wouldn’t know which missing parts the Village know about!

Not saying that’s what’s happening here, just an example of why a media outlet would intentionally not give everything away in the first story.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I think you are on the money joe, I also reckon the silence from the usual loyalists is deafening, Leo probably petrified to open his mouth as he hasn't a scaldy notion what else the village have on him.

Will be some irony if a relatively unknown small media organisation are the ones that bring Varadkar down.

Long runs the fox, caught at last though it would appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Is this all a publicity stunt by Varadkar , lots of coverage of possible shenanigans but Varadkar knows that him walking the plank would likely trigger an election which neither FF or Greens don't want, Doing his wee MC Hammer dance and going " Cant touch this"

It wouldn’t be unusual for a media outlet to hold back some info when breaking a story! It keeps the “target” thinking! If they leave stuff out, Leo would obviously know parts are missing.... but he wouldn’t know which missing parts the Village know about!

Not saying that’s what’s happening here, just an example of why a media outlet would intentionally not give everything away in the first story.

On a story this weak though?

On a story this weak though?

This weak? Hahaha

What do you mean when you say "owners"? And if you have evidence that they are bribing or blackmailing O Tuathuil currently then you should report that immediately.

Owners.

Thank you for the advice. Noted. If I come across some I'll pass it on.

smurgen wrote: »
    This weak? Hahaha

It's weaker than the current Cork hurling panel. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

It's normal to hold facts back

They can then bamboozle the target with myriad questions

The target won't know when it's safe to lie

• Advertisement

Owners.

Thank you for the advice. Noted. If I come across some I'll pass it on.

Ah come on, don't leave us hanging like that. Who are the owners of Fine Gael?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

McMurphy wrote: »
    I think you are on the money joe, I also reckon the silence from the usual loyalists is deafening, Leo probably petrified to open his mouth as he hasn't a scaldy notion what else the village have on him.

Will be some irony if a relatively unknown small media organisation are the ones that bring Varadkar down.

Long runs the fox, caught at last though it would appear.

You love an aul conspiracy theory. Remember all the predictions you made about the Dean having CCTV of Maria Bailey falling off a swing.

Now you think that the Village have bizarrely decided to hold back the most damaging stuff.... Yeah makes sense....

I'm afraid the weak story they published is all there is to it. A total non story.

I wonder are the village playing mind games with Varadkar and Co with the different address crops?

''We both know we spoofed this part Leo, go on, try and ride this one out, no more ammo.........'' type thing.

Villages responses on twitter suggest a strong hand in play on the flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

You love an aul conspiracy theory. Remember all the predictions you made about the Dean having CCTV of Maria Bailey falling off a swing.

Now you think that the Village have bizarrely decided to hold back the most damaging stuff.... Yeah makes sense....

I'm afraid the weak story they published is all there is to it. A total non story.

That's right, the cctv footage and Josepha Madigan conspiracy.

On top of the private messages from the FG army:)

Ah jaysus.

I wonder are the village playing mind games with Varadkar and Co with the different address crops?

''We both know we spoofed this part Leo, go on, try and ride this one out, no more ammo.........'' type thing.

Villages responses on twitter suggest a strong hand in play on the flop.

Hell of a journalist to hold back the best part of their story. Where is the real meat in this story?

Hell of a journalist to hold back the best part of their story. Where is the real meat in this story?

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

Where is the real meat in this story?

Reported

?

Gone back to the original spin point.:rolleyes:

?

Well, negotiations had concluded, the documents were no longer commercially sensitive, afaik. If he'd cut and pasted the figures no one would be raising it as an issue. Unless there's something more relevant to come out it's a pretty weak story.

I still think he could be in trouble because some in FG appear to be tired of him.

• Advertisement

?

That was a quick edit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement