Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You love an aul conspiracy theory. Remember all the predictions you made about the Dean having CCTV of Maria Bailey falling off a swing.

Now you think that the Village have bizarrely decided to hold back the most damaging stuff.... Yeah makes sense....

I'm afraid the weak story they published is all there is to it. A total non story.

Remember I told you the Maria Bailey story was being drip....drip.....drip......fed to us paddy.

Your parody act doesn't butter no parsnips here auld hand, you're the online equivalent of a pantomime dame, change the act bud, this one has went and gone all mouldy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Hell of a journalist to hold back the best part of their story. Where is the real meat in this story?

A good example is how Mark Tighe played John Delaney.

Give a bit of rope, don't play ball it's good night. Very clever.

Leave all his little lickspittles feeling like total idiots which they were shown up to be in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Well, negotiations had concluded, the documents were no longer commercially sensitive, afaik. If he'd cut and pasted the figures no one would be raising it as an issue. Unless there's something more relevant to come out it's a pretty weak story.

I still think he could be in trouble because some in FG appear to be tired of him.

Your afaik is wrong FYI :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,697 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Remember I told you the Maria Bailey story was being drip....drip.....drip......fed to us paddy.

Your parody act doesn't butter no parsnips here auld hand, you're the online equivalent of a pantomime dame, change the act bud, this one has went and gone all mouldy.

Story was the same with Barry Cowen, started with one thing then he commented and more stuff came out and hung him.

smurgen wrote: »
    Your afaik is wrong FYI :)

What was commercially sensitive in the document?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

It's not alone holding ammunition back

They make more money off the story by slow playing it

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    A good example is how Mark Tighe played John Delaney.

Give a bit of rope, don't play ball it's good night. Very clever.

Leave all his little lickspittles feeling like total idiots which they were shown up to be in the end.

They played a blinder. Two of the statements put out by LV and MO'T are weak as water and confirmed the details. They're goosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

There's an error in O Tuathail's statement. He says they received the info mid April however on the IMT website dated 29th April ;

"NAGP Chairman Dr Andy Jordan insisted: “It is now three weeks since the announcement of the new [GP] contract and to date there is no sign of any contract or contractual document. Until we see the contract document it is impossible to advise members."

https://www.imt.ie/news/nagp-blames-government-for-woes-29-04-2019/

This blows a hole in Leo's sharing to get agreement, sick kid saving fairy story. If true, members of NAGP would have been privy to the confidential information, with a view to getting buy in. Did this happen?

As far as I can see it didn't. Doctor from Cork saying much the same in RTE story here.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1101/1175252-leo-varadkar/
    Dr Kieran said he "absolutely" did not receive any document at the time and that it was not shared with members.

Story was the same with Barry Cowen, started with one thing then he commented and more stuff came out and hung him.

Both Cowan and Bailey dug their own graves with the responses to the allegations, not the original issues though. Bailey went on the radio in a bizarre move and Cowan resurrected a dead story to query what the Gardaí said. Classic examples of not handling the narrative well, but they cut their own throats, imo.

What was commercially sensitive in the document?

As confidential not for circulation was plastered across the front you and any right thinking person would have to assume the entire document was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

You love an aul conspiracy theory. Remember all the predictions you made about the Dean having CCTV of Maria Bailey falling off a swing.

Now you think that the Village have bizarrely decided to hold back the most damaging stuff.... Yeah makes sense....

I'm afraid the weak story they published is all there is to it. A total non story.

Welcome back Paddy

I know it's not best practice, but is it OK for any Government minister to share an official Government document marked 'Confidential / not for circulation' with his mates, once his intention is good.

Thats why Leo and his loyalists have gone to ground you will look like a right bell end standing by a man who is potentially lying to you, and they are in receipt of evidence to counter it, plus the village have already tweeted about Leo and his thinly veiled legal threat basically mocking him.

https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE/status/1322695260179468288?s=19

Will Leo still be there at the end of the week?

As confidential not for circulation was plastered across the front you and any right thinking person would have to assume the entire document was.

During the negotiations it was commercially sensitive, after negotiations it's just paperwork, ime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

They played a blinder. Two of the statements put out by LV and MO'T are weak as water and confirmed the details. They're goosed.

The Fox gets Outfoxed

Thats why Leo and his loyalists have gone to ground, the village already tweeted about Leo and his thinly veiled legal threat.

Will Leo still be there at the end of the week?

I think he will

Micheal hasnt the guile to approach covoney to approve a sacking

He'll punt on a politically damaging for FG (possibly labour too) tribunal in medium term.....keep fg in line to stop em collasping government as they'll not go to country with corruption allegations hanging over their esteemed leader

During the negotiations it was commercially sensitive, after negotiations it's just paperwork, ime.

Why did Leo get the documents to him in the way he did if there was nothing wrong? Why courier them to his home address, and why did OT put in the WhatsApp about why he couldn't say who gave him the documents, and his request for others not to leak it?

Leo has said "it wasn't best practice"

Negotiations do not conclude until authorised legal signatures are on the final document. As that document has subject to changes amendments in Leo's handwriting we know it's not the final and therefore executed document.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    That was a quick edit

Was below my standards.

No suspense my end. You asked me two different questions. Who do you think owns Fine Gael?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

joemurt wrote: »
    Was below my standards.

No suspense my end. You asked me two different questions. Who do you think owns Fine Gael?

Yes that's what I asked you.

Why did Leo get the documents to him in the way he did if there was nothing wrong? Why courier them to his home address, and why did OT put in the WhatsApp about why he couldn't say who gave him the documents, and his request for others not to leak it?

Leo has said "it wasn't best practice"

To quote Stringerbell, you don't take notes on a grand conspiracy, surely if it was dodgy he'd have a trusted person drop it off, not leave a courier paper trail etc. We can go around in circles on it but right now it looks like the agreement was made before this was sent across.

All that said, I think FG would be better off having Coveney in charge.

• Advertisement

Negotiations do not conclude until authorised legal signatures are on the final document. As that document has subject to changes amendments in Leo's handwriting we know it's not the final and therefore executed document.

Not sure that matters much, that only means that copy predates the agreement, not that it was shared before the agreement was made. Still if the Village actually have something it'll be an interesting week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

My my aren't these four partying gentlemen rather wide-eyed...

https://mobile.twitter.com/fionamacky/status/1322668634473435136

Not sure that matters much, that only means that copy predates the agreement, not that it was shared before the agreement was made. Still if the Village actually have something it'll be an interesting week.

What you're saying makes no sense.

What you're saying makes no sense.

In what way?

The document having writing on it doesn't mean it was shared before the agreement was made, just that that particular version of the document isn't the final signed one.

Indeed
    Dr Maitiú Ó Tuathail, a south Dublin GP who served as president of the NAGP between 2018 and its demise in 2019, said that his receiving a copy of the contract from Taoiseach Leo Varadkar was “a continuation of the decision by the Government to consult with the NAGP and its GP members and keep them informed throughout”.

Deos.this imply there was further leaks previous to this one??
    Hence the phrase,leo always delivers??

Makes a weak expose even weaker tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Yes that's what I asked you.

Yep, your original question was what do I mean by owners.

2 different questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Sunday night Paddy...time to round up the troops and head back to the bunker for tomorrows strategy meeting....

Listen..... Leo has already admitted that he was wrong. He used politico speak in saying 'not best practice' but he was wrong, he knows he was wrong and now all he's worried about was did he commit an illegal act.
    He most certainly committed an immoral act but whether it was illegal or not is open to someone elses interpretation. (He won't face any charges anyway, just not going to happen.. )

There is no point whatsoever in trying to defend a man that has already admitted he was in the wrong. That really is blind loyalty and just makes your arguments look ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Indeed

Deos.this imply there was further leaks previous to this one??
    Hence the phrase,leo always delivers??

Depends on the previous consultations surely? This line sounds fairly above board "this was seen as a continuation of the decision by the Government to consult with the NAGP and its GP members and keep them informed throughout."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement