Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

sabat wrote: »
    My my aren't these four partying gentlemen rather wide-eyed...

https://mobile.twitter.com/fionamacky/status/1322668634473435136

Edit: prob best not to mention what I had written here. It’s not important in the context of the matter.

Depends on the previous consultations surely? This line sounds fairly above board "this was seen as a continuation of the decision by the Government to consult with the NAGP and its GP members and keep them informed throughout."

Reads to me like leo was slipping em nitbits of info all along and has scuppered the claim the document was finalised so didnt matter tbh

Surely this needs clarifying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Depends on the previous consultations surely? This line sounds fairly above board "this was seen as a continuation of the decision by the Government to consult with the NAGP and its GP members and keep them informed throughout."

We'll see what IMO make of that. Also it looks like MOT is confirming it helped him in his work. That means he lobbies LV for something that helped him in a commercial sense. That digs a bigger hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

joemurt wrote: »
    Yep, your original question was what do I mean by owners.

2 different questions.

Well that's one way of avoiding having to give an answer I suppose.

Reads to me like leo was slipping em nitbits of info all along and has scuppered the claim the document was finalised so didnt matter tbh

Course it reads like that to you, you want it to be a conspiracy. Same as someone who fervently believes Leo is a great guy will see it as fine.

Imo, we don't really know enough about the previous communication to know either way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

smurgen wrote: »
    They played a blinder. Two of the statements put out by LV and MO'T are weak as water and confirmed the details. They're goosed.

And still haven't even bothered to address the other issues raised by the village;
    - Varadkars remark regarding f+ck refugees

- Access to contracts for direct provision

- Flanagans gig

Only concern atm seems to be the contract breach and a 10 year stretch.

A point that needs clarity on the message regarding direct provision contracts and M O'Ts messages; was the bag of money emoji to indicate a) the money to be made in DP centers? or b) M O'T looking for payment in return for access to a contract? Big difference.

This is why the Garda should have stepped in. a or b?

smurgen wrote: »
    We'll see what IMO make of that. Also it looks like MOT is confirming it helped him in his work. That means he lobbies LV for something that helped him in a commercial sense. That digs a bigger hole.

I dunno, think it's a stretch, this is fairly legitimate position, surely?

"We could not adopt a position on the programme for chronic disease management as a union, without full access to the details that it contained,” Dr O Tuathail said, adding that it “was wrong for one group of GPs to have access to the details of a chronic disease management programme, and for another group of GPs not to have equal access to that information, given that the NAGP and its members were involved in its formation”.

“The programme for chronic disease management was to be rolled out to all GPs, and therefore all GPs had a right to understand what the programme entailed, and what would be required of them,”"

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Well that's one way of avoiding having to give an answer I suppose.

To which of your questions do you want me to answer?

And still haven't even bothered to address the other issues raised by the village;

- Flanagans gig

A point that needs clarity on the message regarding direct provision contracts and M O'Ts messages; was the bag of money emoji to indicate a) the money to be made in DP centers? or b) M O'T looking for payment in return for access to a contract? Big difference.

Those reports are third hand though, they haven't released Leo texting anything like that, afaik? Would actually be a massive story if they had those texts from Leo, tbf.

I dunno, think it's a stretch, this is fairly legitimate position, surely?

"We could not adopt a position on the programme for chronic disease management as a union, without full access to the details that it contained,” Dr O Tuathail said, adding that it “was wrong for one group of GPs to have access to the details of a chronic disease management programme, and for another group of GPs not to have equal access to that information, given that the NAGP and its members were involved in its formation”.

“The programme for chronic disease management was to be rolled out to all GPs, and therefore all GPs had a right to understand what the programme entailed, and what would be required of them,”"

That's justification for what they done. Not a defense.

If they were all know to the public why post the copy? Why not sent him a link to public information.

Read the messages. It was about getting better info than the other union. The steal their thunder line indicates this.

https://twitter.com/PoliticsWatch14/status/1323010830821109761?s=09

• Advertisement

- Flanagans gig

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,160 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Where are these whatsapp messages? Did I miss them?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

To which of your questions do you want me to answer?

Sure you already answered one. Gave a very detailed response how by owners you mean owners. Informative.

Who are the owners of FG? Come on now, no excuses this time. Just answer it.

Worth noting also that this organization that Leo's mate was in that Leo helped was investigated by the Garda Fraud squad

"The Garda National Economic Crime Bureau and the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement have begun a criminal investigation into the National Association of General Practitioners. The association imploded in May, leaving €400,000 in debts"

https://www.businesspost.ie/health/the-leaked-tape-and-the-report-that-scuppered-the-nagp-eed45812

Why?

LOL. Come on.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Sure you already answered one. Gave a very detailed response how by owners you mean owners. Informative.

Who are the owners of FG? Come on now, no excuses this time. Just answer it.

You'd only laugh at me on who I think the owners of FG are. So we move on.

What do you think the bag of money emoji M O'T was messaging to others regarding DP contracts was about? A or B or neither?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

I haven't heard any FG's TD's batting on the media for Leo today except for Pascal Donoghue, do they fear the goose is cooked and more revelations will follow and want to align themselves now with the likes of Coveney?

What do you think the bag of money emoji M O'T was messaging to others regarding DP contracts was about? A or B or neither?

Ah go, tell me. I could do with a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

He saw money in it for himself and his buddies.

He saw money in it for himself and his buddies.

Could it be interpreted that M O'Tuathail was looking for cash for access to DP contracts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

So Leo will address the issue in the Dail on Tuesday.

Probably Tuesday evening to miss the 9 O'clock News. And then the story will be swallowed up by coverage of US politics. Irish journalists have turned into US politics experts lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,332 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Probably Tuesday evening to miss the 9 O'clock News. And then the story will be swallowed up by coverage of US politics. Irish journalists have turned into US politics experts lately.

I don't think this is the kind of news that can buried if it's bad enough

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭stayback

It highlights the fact that Varadkar received sufficient amount of votes to reach the quota to be elected............as apposed to Simon Harris who didn't reach the quota I'd imagine.

See it’s this type of talk about getting elected on the 5th count drive me crazy. We have a system of proportional representation in this country which means you get to give a preference for each candidate. If a party runs more than one candidate then you split the vote. Leo finished second 300 votes off the quota.. FG ran 2 candidates hence the vote was split. For example Sinn Fein ran one candidate in that constituency hence hoovered up all the votes . If they had run 2 candidates they might have won no seat or they might have got elected on the 5th count.

I’m just trying to explain this nonsense I hear about he only got elected on the 5th count. It doesn’t matter once you get elected it’s called vote managment.

For the record I am not an FG supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

SF will probably follow up with a vote of no confidence which will be defeated and that will be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

You are just shít posting now.

There is no 'Varadkars remark'. This is just somebody said that somebody said...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

#SackVaradkar trending

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

stayback wrote: »
    See it’s this type of talk about getting elected on the 5th count drive me crazy. We have a system of proportional representation in this country which means you get to give a preference for each candidate. If a party runs more than one candidate then you split the vote. Leo finished second 300 votes off the quota.. FG ran 2 candidates hence the vote was split. For example Sinn Fein ran one candidate in that constituency hence hoovered up all the votes . If they had run 2 candidates they might have won no seat or they might have got elected on the 5th count.

I’m just trying to explain this nonsense I hear about he only got elected on the 5th count. It doesn’t matter once you get elected it’s called vote managment.

For the record I am not an FG supporter.

This should be stickied or automatically reposted everyone somebody posts that "X got in on the Xth count"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭Himpy5

This should be stickied or automatically reposted everyone somebody posts that "X got in on the Xth count"

So we have to choose between Leo the leaker and Simon "sutherland" Coveney

All is forgiven Leo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭gadarnol

A vote of no confidence will really nail the govt parties. FF will have to back Varadkar and damn themselves even more for the next election. The Greens are in serious trouble. Varadkar’s resignation may well be the price of Greens continuing in govt. FG will have to swallow it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

You love an aul conspiracy theory. Remember all the predictions you made about the Dean having CCTV of Maria Bailey falling off a swing.

Now you think that the Village have bizarrely decided to hold back the most damaging stuff.... Yeah makes sense....

I'm afraid the weak story they published is all there is to it. A total non story.

What happened Maria? Did she get her money? Is she still a TD? We dont know what the Dean had becasue they never had to show their hand. Leo is in the same leaky boat as Maria except she probably had more friends in FG then than Leo has now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement