Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

blanch152 wrote: »
    No, an agreement, couldn't be a contract because of previous Court rulings re competition policy.

what court ruling would they be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

How long until the NAMA leaks are brought into this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Had Denis Naughten broken any law when Leo demanded his resignation?

A YES or NO answer will suffice.

Even the hapless Maria Bailey hadn't actually broken any law when she was turfed out of the party.

Leo would have kept naughten actually I think
    FF pre feb 20 thought that they were going to win loads a seats so had the power to push or pull the plug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Oh dear, I am in trouble then, I must have twenty or thirty government documents that have "confidential" on them.

"Confidential" is a term given due to the sensitivity of any official document. It is a security classification, thats what it is called. Don't let the word "security" throw you, it doesnt necesserally define the content as State secrets.

The fact that you have documents classed as Confidential yet do not understand what that actually means is laughable. You probably are not the right person to have them.

I hope they are secured as per your company/organisasations storage and retention standard operating proceedures or policies.

Depending on the type of document and classification, it will determin how they should be produced, disseminated, recorded, stored and returned or destroyed.

They certaintly should not be disseminated unrecorded by post to an unofficial address, to a reciever unauthorised to recieve it.

Is that what you would deem acceptable with your Confidential documents? Do you shard them with people that are not aithorised to have them?

As the holder of security classified information, you should see how this has compromised LV at that it is a bigger than "not best practice".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Well, I am wrong - but it's because the document was sent in April 2019, not this year. :o

(and I meant the NAGP office on Kildare Street, not his GP practice)

Doesn't help the optics. Isn't the dail on kildare street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Mr.S wrote: »
    With Martin now essentially backing Leo, will this go much further?

A grilling on Tuesday from the opposition and then....?

If the FF TDs who think Martin has detroyed FF's credibility with his actions, getting into bed with FG, walk away - it would both collapse the Gov and get them re-elected in the resulting GE.

Martin may not have the ultimate say.

Parties aside - I'd vote for anyone who stood up to this naked corruption.

Maybe the greens rank and file should have a think. Ryan is for Ryan, not the Greens, could be their saving grace if they walked first. Election credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

"Confidential" is a term given due to the sensitivity of any official document. It is a security classification, thats what it is called. Don't let the word "security" throw you, it doesnt necesserally define the content as State secrets.

The fact that you have documents classed as Confidential yet do not understand what that actually means is laughable. You probably are not the right person to have them.

I hope they are secured as per your company/organisasations storage and retention standard operating proceedures or policies.

Depending on the type of document and classification, it will determin how they should be produced, disseminated, recorded, stored and returned or destroyed.

They certaintly should not be disseminated unrecorded by post to an unofficial address, to a reciever unauthorised to recieve it.

Is that what you would deem acceptable with your Confidential documents? Do you shard them with people that are not aithorised to have them?

As the holder of security classified information, you should see how this has compromised LV at that it is a bigger than "not best practice".

They are government documents with the word confidential in the title or watermarked.

Send the gardai around!!!

Applying the word "Confidential" to the top of the document means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Such a close friend that he didn’t know his address?

I have plenty of friends whose postal address I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

They are government documents with the word confidential in the title or watermarked.

What does handwritten - subject to change and ammendments - signify?

Do any of your confidential documents have a hand written note from Varadkar on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

joemurt wrote: »
    If the FF TDs who think Martin has detroyed FF's credibility with his actions, getting into bed with FG, walk away - it would both collapse the Gov and get them re-elected in the resulting GE.

Martin may not have the ultimate say.

Parties aside - I'd vote for anyone who stood up to this naked corruption.

Maybe the greens rank and file should have a think. Ryan is for Ryan, not the Greens, could be their saving grace if they walked first. Election credibility.

Eamon Ryan is for Mother Earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I think it's time to put you in my ignore bin until this shabby saga is over.

Incidentally, any chance of you replying to my recent Denis Naughten question, or was it a bit too challenging for you?

Mod

Alternative; dont post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Harris on rte Claire Byrne now.

Saying he didn't know that Leo sent doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Doesn't help the optics. Isn't the dail on kildare street.

It is. But there's loads of offices on Kildare street. Their (then) address - 17 Kildare St, is also the address of the Irish SME Association, and they seem to run a commercial meeting room service from it - so it's difficult to know whether the NAGP had actual, dedicated offices there, or just used it as an address.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,338 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

joemurt wrote: »

Plus they have no reason to fear a GE; it would likely result in an SF-led left government, in which they would have a prominent place if they wanted it

Harris in rte now.

Saying he didn't know that Leo sent doc.

He didn’t know much about the 18 other Covids either. Wouldn’t surprise me if the little weasel is secretly delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

An Taoiseach needs to be held to the highest possible standards of the land. Higher than any other position of authority or normal joe soap.

Its mad to see people actually claiming the opposite, that the Taoiseachs is actually immune to regular standards that the average person/employee would be held too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Mr.S wrote: »
    I doubt it. I know they have said "more to come" but that's to be expected.

I think we'd have seen anything major by now.

Anything truly revealing / damming and Clay would have gone to a major outlet vs Village.
    You never know. If they really have it in for him they could be giving him time to solidify his story before then providing more information to discredit it. Let him effectively perjure himself in the Dail and he'll have no choice but to step down.

This is what the examiner did with Barry Cowen, it utterly annihilated him.

Of course it does. Again as I have said, It denotes how to handle, store, record, copy and disseminate. It also denote who it can and cannot be shared with.

I just cant believe you are so ignorant to this :pac:. It appears that you are not authorised to have them if that is the extent of your knowledge :pac:

Sure, attach a few pics of the document to your next post there since it doesnt mean anything.

You don't classify documents for the craic. Astounding attitude you have, no wonder you see no issue with what LV did. The level of training for your job must be woefully bad. Either that or your company/organisation has deplorable policies. Have you even got a data protection office?

Maybe you should ask the originator of the document why they put a security classification on it. It sounds like you need to.

Aw man, youre in a heap! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Paddygreen wrote: »
    He didn’t know much about the 18 other Covids either. Wouldn’t surprise me if the little weasel is secretly delighted.

Harris has just said he wouldn't have shared the doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Plus they have reason to fear a GE; it would likely result in an SF-led left government, in which they would have a prominent place if they wanted it

Hard to get a place when you have no seats, Greens will be gone for another 10 years if we have another election, FF likely to lose heavily as well, FG basically pushing their weight around knowing Micky and the cabbages won't do anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,697 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Another limp defence from Harris.

I think they are all running scared of contagion here. Leaving it up to Leo to explain himself.
    Who needs friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

seamus wrote: »
    You never know. If they really have it in for him they could be giving him time to solidify his story before then providing more information to discredit it. Let him effectively perjure himself in the Dail and he'll have no choice but to step down.

Agreed.

Leo might have to be very careful what he says in the Dáil given that he doesn't know what might be "more to come" from Village. Even if Village has nothing, Leo has to imagine what the could have, on this or other leaks. If the opposition can set the right traps for him in their questions he could really end up on trouble on what he says to the Dáil.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

They have said that there's more to come, Leo better give a warts and all account tomorrow, as he's no clue how this will end otherwise.

Harris has just said he wouldn't have shared the doc.

They don’t trust him with anything important anyway. He was made health minister because he makes the best sad face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Hard to get a place when you have no seats, Greens will be gone for another 10 years if we have another election, FF likely to lose heavily as well, FG basically pushing their weight around knowing Micky and the cabbages won't do anything

I'd love to see the arrogant leaking taught a lesson, but if that comes at the cost of an election from which SF form a govt, then I'd sooner stick with leek and cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Another limp defence from Harris.

I think they are all running scared of contagion here. Leaving it up to Leo to explain himself.
    Who needs friends?

Really poor from Harris to be honest; completely sitting on the fence in case there is more to come.

boombang wrote: »
    I'd love to see the arrogant leaking taught a lesson, but if that comes at the cost of an election from which SF form a govt, then I'd sooner stick with leek and cabbage.

We have to keep the provos out at all costs. Even if that means brushing a few relatively minor things under the proverbial carpet if we have to. Really need a distraction now guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

This story has done a lot of damage to Leo's reputation already. I dont think he will resign but this story and his leaky ways will follow him around.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Really poor from Harris to be honest; completely sitting on the fence in case there is more to come.
    They don't want to look stupid. They don't want to offer a defence of Varadkar that he himself might contradict in the Dáil.

They probably don't want to look like they're avoiding the topic, but it's foolish of them to agree to talk about it unless they've actually been briefed on it.

• Advertisement

Printing "confidential" on a document, doesn't actually make it so.

Incorrect, if it is classified as Confidential...it's um Confidential. It's self-explanatory really and you can't argue against it, even trying to is ridiculous. It doesnt matter if you dont agree.
    If a document is no longer confidential, then old copies of it with "confidential" written across them are not.

Incorrect, a document which has been security classified, remains security classified until it is either returned to the originator or a destruction certificate is issued to the originator. The only person who can downgrade a security classified document is the originator....it is irrelevent if an update or a new draft of the document has been disseminated while the original is still in circulation, the original document is not downgraded by default.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement