Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    So far in the thread the Leo-ites have played the following cards.

Homophobia. ✓
    Racism. ✓
    Son of an Immigrant. ✓

Now we are witnessing the bully card.

Full house it is.

Not without justification.
    Is Varadkar using his office to ingratiate himself with young gay men?

Could that be the advantage he is gaining?

Can't be bothered going back over the others, but if you are happy to travel the same road as racists and homophobes, off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,698 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    MM backing Leo. Sinn Fein online troll army and Leo hater fetish crowd going crazy as evidenced in this thread which appears infested with hatred and spite. ' Night all enjoy your echo chamber

No hate in anything you ever posted Truth of course. :):)

Did you apologise for the lie you told on this thread about Shinners calling him 'the Indian' yet?
    Truthvader wrote:
    Oh I see, why do the Shinners referring to him as "the Indian" then?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

MM backing Leo. Sinn Fein online troll army and Leo hater fetish crowd going crazy as evidenced in this thread which appears infested with hatred and spite. ' Night all enjoy your echo chamber

My my that's quite extreme, MM expressing confidence in a government partner speaks more about being terrified of speaking out of turn. Leo has yet to explain himself fully in Dail, let's see how that turns out.

No hatred here, just absolute satisfaction that Leo for once is getting a spot of medicine, his habit of leaking has finally bit him were it hurts.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,883 ✭✭✭✭elperello

sligojoek wrote: »
    The usual clickbait by Joe.

Ronan usually prefaces the promo with 'Here's Joe with what "might be" on the liveline'.

Pity, I was looking forward to the different camps calling in to push their respective lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

blanch152 wrote: »
    Are you saying that it is ok for the Minister for Justice to interfere in a criminal matter?

If the MoJ can't do that, why is it inappropriate for her to comment on this?

Blanch, what do your beloved Green party have to say on the matter? ;)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Not without justification.

Can't be bothered going back over the others, but if you are happy to travel the same road as racists and homophobes, off you go.

Lol. Nice sly insinuation there blanch.

Quote me, posting a single thing on this site ever that could be even marginally described as racist or homophobic please.

Quote me, posting a single thing on this site ever that could be even marginally described as racist or homophobic please.

Not going to happen. The insinuation will be allowed to stay there unbacked up.

No hate in anything you ever posted Truth of course. :):)

Did you apologise for the lie you told on this thread about Shinners calling him 'the Indian' yet?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114830393&postcount=9517

Of course, that poster claims not to be a Shinner, so you may be half right.

Outside of here, we have the likes of that lowlife councillor from Tallaght of Shinner persuasion, you know, the homophobic, misogynist one - Paddy something.

Never said you posted anything racist or homophobic. However, your defence of the posters on this thread who did speaks volumes.

Remaining silent on the homophobic comments could be ok, you chose to defend them.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114830393&postcount=9517

Of course, that poster claims not to be a Shinner, so you may be half right.

Outside of here, we have the likes of that lowlife councillor from Tallaght of Shinner persuasion, you know, the homophobic, misogynist one - Paddy something.

No idea if Bowie is a shinner or not. I think he claims not to be one. You cannot project blanch.

And here is what Holohan said exactly:
    "Leo Varadkar’s blood ­obviously runs to India. His great-grandfather is not part of the history of this ­country. Now Leo obviously is. He’s an Irish ­citizen but his ­passion doesn’t go back to the times when our passion goes back to."

Bar the speculation on his 'passion', I see nowhere there where he calls Leo 'the Indian'. Point it out if you can see it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I went to Portugal for a few days and came back to this.

Ah Leo always delivering.

Never said you posted anything racist or homophobic. However, your defence of the posters on this thread who did speaks volumes.

Remaining silent on the homophobic comments could be ok, you chose to defend them.

As a Green voter are you not disgusted at Leo's antics

No idea if Bowie is a shinner or not. I think he claims not to be one. You cannot project blanch.

And here is what Holohan said exactly:

Bar the speculation on his 'passion', I see nowhere there where he calls Leo 'the Indian'. Point it out if you can see it.

Even Mary-Lou shot down Holohan on what he said, only you Francie have defended him. Not giving that lowlife any more airtime.

If you think Holohan's comment was not racist, you just drop further in my estimation.

As a Green voter are you not disgusted at Leo's antics

Welcome back, how was your holiday in Portugal?

Welcome back, how was your holiday in Portugal?

Fantastic, and coming back to Leo on the brink of ending his tenure in Govt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Blanch, what do your beloved Green party have to say on the matter? ;)

Catherine Martin was on the TV news at one saying Vradakar has lots of questions to answer and she's looking forward to tomorrow
    She toed the government 'not best practice ' line but she's not happy,that much you could see in her face
    She doesn't like Leo at all and never has is my reading of her

Even Mary-Lou shot down Holohan on what he said, only you Francie have defended him. Not giving that lowlife any more airtime.

If you think Holohan's comment was not racist, you just drop further in my estimation.

I didn't defend him at all. I said what he said was ineffably stupid.

Now any time you are ready to point out where he called Leo 'The Indian'?

Nobotty wrote: »
    Catherine Martin was on the TV news at one saying Vradakar has lots of questions to answer and she's looking forward to tomorrow
    She toed the government 'not best practice ' line but she's not happy,that much you could see in her face

And so she should be. If this was a Green TD who done this, they would be out the door ASAP

Leo is ruined after this and couldn't happen to a better person

Nobotty wrote: »

SF not going in soft either. Should be good fun tomorrow.
    The man who wanted accountability now in the spotlight himself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/christinafinn8/status/1323287591492399104

• Registered Users Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The opposition do not want another election now. That will have a determination on how far this story goes.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the yanks do better email stories , why is Irish news always paler and less interesting

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

The opposition do not want another election now. That will have a determination on how far this story goes.

It's Leo's last few days in Govt. Cheer up, he had a good run at it

Why would Leo going necessarily bring down the Government?

Why would Leo going necessarily bring down the Government?

Leo going will help the Govt as he has shown he is the weak link and has been all along

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I went to Portugal for a few days and came back to this.

Ah Leo always delivering.

Here's hoping he delivers tomorrow.
    No need for him to lose sleep over this.
    It's like they say if you tell the truth you don't need a good memory.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1323293675783376896?s=19

Would it be safe to say that a comment from Simon Coveney is conspicuous in it's absence today?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Mícheál said Leo was the Taoiseach in his statement this morning, imagine the state of mind he's in with Leo living rent-free in his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I'm apolitical myself and used to like Varadkar, even rooting for him in the FG leadership contest and the initial heave against Enda Kenny before that. He's slowly slipped in my estimation though over time unfortunately.

I voted FG after the economic collapse but they somehow misspelled "reform" on the blank cheque they were given by the electorate at a time when they could have easily blamed the troika and FF for the very hard medicine that was needed in both public sector, private sector (insurance and law), welfare and criminality to name a few things.

I don't expect much better from the alternatives but damned if I'm happy to let this "bad practice" or whatever you want to call it yourself not be called to account.

Sounds like you've got everyone sussed on here though. Fair play. Case closed detective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭ooter

Would it be safe to say that a comment from Simon Coveney is conspicuous in it's absence today?

He's on prime time tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement