Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

smurgen wrote: »

He won't be happy with this being covered in UK with Brexit looming.

Covered in Belfast Telegraph also.
    https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/varadkars-decision-to-share-confidential-gp-contract-not-appropriate-martin-39696698.html

CNN earlier and Sputnik as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

smurgen wrote: »
    I can only imagine the panic deleting tweets reviewing dail records shredding files etc etc . People will have to be very careful tomorrow.

A bit like this I suppose.

Mary Lou has called for all correspondence between the Gov and NAGP to be released immediately .

https://twitter.com/MaryLouMcDonald/status/1323340450393186304?s=19

I imagine they know they have Varadkar and are looking for more.

Direct Provision has yet to be mentioned. Contracts awarded will have to be checked.

I don't think his supporters on Media today will look good tomorrow including Martin.

I think Martin was too strong in defence of him today. Varadkar would not have been kind if the roles were reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

McMurphy wrote: »
    Leo hasn't tweeted in 3 days now.

Has something happened? Has anyone checked if he's ok?

He’s binge watching the lord of the rings to see is there any insightful little story in there,that could be used by a sneaky gombeen to explain his incompetent and inappropriate behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

What time is he taking to the floor?

I hear opposition are only getting 10 mins each to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

Crucify him. Crucify him. The new mantra of modern day civilization.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Holy Mary wrote: »

After all his attacks on diff people over the years, most recently Dr Tony, he deserves everything that comes his way.

Worst FG leader ever?

Tbf he probably uses sock accounts.....otherwise it would be a dumpster fire of replies to rival islamic terrorism attacks/anything traveller related threads here

Holy Mary wrote: »

Can you not see anything wrong in what he did?

He's busy watching Dirty Dancing and My Best Friend's Wedding over and over for a juicy quote to spruce up his defence tomorrow.

The jaded party line "not best practice" hasn't sold over except the most gullible and ignorant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,701 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Tbf he probably uses sock accounts.....otherwise it would be a dumpster fire of replies to rival islamic terrorism attacks threads here

:D:D:D

:D:D:D

Ha ha ha

That wasnt actually meant

Watching Dirty Dancing and My Best Friend's Wedding over and over for a juicy quote to spruce up his defence tomorrow.

The jaded party line "not best practice" hasn't sold over except the most gullible and ignorant.

He has to go Bertie.
    How could he be taken seriously after that.
    The trickle and the leak.it would be funny if it wasn’t as serious

After all his attacks on diff people over the years, most recently Dr Tony, he deserves everything that comes his way.

Worst FG leader ever?

Yes that was nasty but also hasty. Holohan was proved right after and then when the new restrictions were being introduced 2-3 weeks later Varadkar tried to claim credit .

What really showed his character in my opinion but he was not vilified for was when he threw a party for himself and friends at Farmleigh House in The Phoenix Park and said in defence "people have to live their lives".

It was a month after multiple deaths in the Nursing Home a mile or so away from Farmleigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Marty1983

You would have to imagine that Pascal and Simon Coveney are looking at this like , let him self implode and we will get the top job.
    If Michael Martin had any spine he would be sticking the knife in, Leo certainly would.

I have a feeling much more is going to come out, lots of politicians and main stream media are not saying much as the like of RTE need to be drip fed information from politicians to remain relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Anyone know what time the address is on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Sitting in his pyjamas for the past 3 days watching A Christmas carol screaming over and over again ''why don't you get a f+cking job Tiny Tim'', tears streaming down his face.

Or not giving a f+ck as per usual...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yes that was nasty but also hasty. Holohan was proved right after and then when the new restrictions were being introduced 2-3 weeks later Varadkar tried to claim credit .

What really showed his character in my opinion but he was not vilified for was when he threw a party for himself and friends at Farmleigh House in The Phoenix Park and said in defence "people have to live their lives".

It was a month after multiple deaths in the Nursing Home a mile or so away from Farmleigh.

He had to wait until he had a trendy phrase to use.

"Circuit breaker"
    Tbf he probably uses sock accounts.....otherwise it would be a dumpster fire of replies to rival islamic terrorism attacks/anything traveller related threads here

D'ya think this is one?

https://twitter.com/JSpergeon/status/1322803149082513409?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Marty1983

LEO is not a nice guy, let us not forget this nugget:

Fine Gael enterprise spokesman Leo Varadkar, at a meeting of the Oireachtas enterprise committee with FAS, the Irish National Organisation of the Unemployed and Enterprise Ireland.

His proposal centred on the idea that six months of social welfare benefits be paid to foreign national workers prepared to return to their country of origin. Such workers cost the State €400m every year in dole payments, according to Mr Varadkar. But Fianna Fail's Thomas Byrne labelled the proposal as a "new low in Irish politics".

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the address is on?

16:30 hrs on Disney channel.
    Will be repeated hourly then on RTÉ junior

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Mehole forgets who is Taoiseach. Sorry the sound is so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Not looking good for Leo.

Silly mistake and one he will regret.

Very brazen, how can someone be that stupid??

And the cost of all those advisors. What a waste of public monies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And the cost of all those advisors. What a waste of public monies.

Absolute rookie mistake.

Unbelievable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Absolute rookie mistake.

Unbelievable.

He has always thought he was untouchable

Absolute rookie mistake.

Unbelievable.

Imagine that. Leaking stuff for the first time and getting caught out.

What are the odds on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Absolute rookie mistake.

Unbelievable.

I don't think was a mistake at all, Leo does and says what he likes (albeit most of his communications done via unnamed sources and.cynical leaks) this there is little disputing and besides it was more a favour than mistake.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

"The NAGP, which was not involved in direct negotiations with the Government on the new deal for general practice, said many GPs were waiting to see the details of the new offer before they renewed their membership subscription.

“This has created financial difficulties for the NAGP."

April 29th. The nothing to gain storyline is now gone.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/nagp-lost-200-members-and-recorded-114-000-deficit-1.3875509

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I wouldn't say stupid more arrogant.

• Advertisement

Indo running with a story just now that the NAGP threatened FG with running candidates against their councillors and senators if they weren't included in the IMO talks in 2019.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement