Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

He's busy watching Dirty Dancing and My Best Friend's Wedding over and over for a juicy quote to spruce up his defence tomorrow

I think it's time Leo kicked it up a notch with the movie quotes:

I don't know who you are whistleblower. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for a political scalp, I can tell you I don't have to stay as tanaiste. But what I do have are a very particular set of socks. Socks I have acquired over a very long career. Socks that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you drop the story now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will find it, I will spin it and I will kill this coalition

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

FG still running with ' Leo did it for the nation's benefit sh1te. '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

So far Coveney not convincing on CB.
    Oops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Can we all agree that RTE aren't trying to bury this story??

Or the general RTE are in the governments pocket?

Why leak if it's in the public domain Simon?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I ain't buying this. #sackvaradkar

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

Coveney very unconvincing on Claire Byrne, he is unsure!

Donnelly didn't know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

Fann Linn wrote: »
    FG still running with ' Leo did it for the nation's benefit sh1te. '

That’s as powerful a backing I’ve seen any politician give another, never mind a rival.
    Bit of arguing bargy tomorrow but Leo will survive.
    Owes Simon a few pints

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nope, don't think there is.

He is the Taoiseach, who should he ask for permission? As I said before, he hardly writes memos to himself, should be look in the mirror?

A civil servant has to ask a Minister, but who should the Taoiseach ask?

One of his six special advisers maybe ?
    Even his Aide de Camp...

I'm sure any of those could have told him it was a stupid idea.

(The correct answer of course is he should have asked those responsible for negotiating and drafting the document but I'm pretty sure that I know what their answer would have been....)

• Advertisement

Claire Byrne is weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭jackboy

Simon making a show of himself. Another clown.

Doc07 wrote: »
    That’s as powerful a backing I’ve seen any politician give another, never mind a rival.
    Bit of arguing bargy tomorrow but Leo will survive.
    Owes Simon a few pints

Depends on what else Alan Kelly or The Village have.

Coveney..hes doing it for joe public...getting you guys medical cards....all this being said why is everyone being wheeled out but the man himself..shocking stuff ..where is he on safari?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Indo running with a story just now that the NAGP threatened FG with running candidates against their councillors and senators if they weren't included in the IMO talks in 2019.

Been mentioned now on Claire Byrne. That threat was made in Feb 2019.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Claire Byrne is weak.

She should be pressing him on the "always delivers" line. There's obviously lots more to this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

We need Vinny Browne to come out and interrogate these FG spoofers!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Depends on what else Alan Kelly or The Village have.

If I was a gambling man I'd bet on them dropping another hint of a nugget before he gets to his feet tomorrow.

Either that or immediately afterwards some left of field questions will be thrown online.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Coveney was handed a shït sandwich being sent in to RTE there, very very unconvincing, his excuses don't add up.

sabat wrote: »
    She should be pressing him on the "always delivers" line. There's obviously lots more to this

She keeps retreating.

Now picks up her pen, for what??

She's brutal.

• Advertisement

Stuttering stanley... leo doesnt give a **** about refugees..about the electorate..about danni minogue...

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sorolla

This story has run its course.
    The lockdown is a massive success - lives are being saved each and every day and this is THE news story.

Leo did nothing wrong - in fact his courage is to be praised.

Our leaders need to be transparent and should share information once it becomes available.

We no longer live in the Stone Age - we are in the Information Age.

Tomorrow Mr Trump will be re-elected.
    This wonderful victory will be front page news for the next week

Been mentioned now in Claire Byrne. That threat was made in Feb 2019.

8 weeks before Leo leaked and 6 weeks before the local elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

She keeps retreating.

Now picks up her pen, for what??

She's brutal.

It’s by design though - easy questions asked in a tough tone to give the illusion of caring.

If nobody can come up with motivation could it be good old fashioned ego???.. trying to look powerful to impress a younger man??? Were they sleeping together?? Very chummy pictures..the doc seems very close as to be a link in the chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

rusty cole wrote: »
    Stuttering stanley... leo doesnt give a **** about refugees..about the electorate..about danni minogue...

Not sure if you intended it or not, but Coveney has battled a pretty significant stutter all his life. Don't think it's fair to mock him over it, regardless of your opinions of the man or what he was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I don't think Alan Kelly has anymore to offer here and may have a few Irish Water skeletons in his own closet.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Sorolla wrote: »
    This story has run its course.
    The lockdown is a massive success - lives are being saved each and every day and this is THE news story. Deflection 101.

Leo did nothing wrong - in fact his courage is to be praised. He admitted himself he did something wrong.

Our leaders need to be transparent and should share information once it becomes available. Yes. Transparent with everyone not just the cronies.

We no longer live in the Stone Age - we are in the Information Age. Yes. Publish the document for all on the Department website.

Tomorrow Mr Trump will be re-elected. LOLZ
    This wonderful victory will be front page news for the next week. More LOLZ

Wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

McMurphy wrote: »
    Coveney was handed a shït sandwich being sent in to RTE there, very very unconvincing, his excuses don't add up.

I think the fact the party heavy weights are out in force today, badly attempting to defend the indefensible (none of them want to defend this really), is a significant indicator they know this is about to bring down the government.

A couple of Fine Gael reps earlier in the day even had the audacity to warn both FF and the greens that they would suffer more damages in a GE out of this than Fine Gael.

Threats from Fine Gael similar to when they negotiating a program for gov and Varadkar gave his ''ministers are bad for leaking'' performance.

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Not sure if you intended it or not, but Coveney has battled a pretty significant stutter all his life. Don't think it's fair to mock him over it, regardless of your opinions of the man or what he was saying.

I didnt know that but surely having no spine is a greater handicap he seems to have managed..a stammer conquered wont gain my favour with any of them snakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement