Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

You've got to feel sorry for Coveney.
    If Varadkar goes Simon will be taoiseach in Dec 2022.
    Hard to defend Leo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Possible motive for Leo leaking the document to his buddy.https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40075016.html

Ah Simon tried the usual, that had nothing to do with him sending his mate confidential information

Possible motive for Leo leaking the document to his buddy.https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40075016.html

And there is your material personal benefit to make it corruption

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I'm not sure if this was deliberate but Simon called him Mat O Toole and not Maitiu O Tuaithail.

He might have tried to disrespect him and therefore Leo.

Someone in the thread earlier said they knew him by his English name, and didn’t recognise the Irish name until they saw the photo. Maybe he goes by both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Maybe he is that owner of Fine Gael that you refuse to tell us about? :)

:pac::pac:

I'll bite. The membership. Laughable really. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

We have protocols in place to help Ministers not to **** up. So even if Leo was trying to do a solid for society (:) :):):)) he engaged in cronyism. He gave his pal insider info. Anyone defending or dismissing that cannot, ever, complain about government doing anything untoward, because they can all claim best intentions it seems. Standards don't seem to be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Someone in the thread earlier said they knew him by his English name, and didn’t recognise the Irish name until they saw the photo. Maybe he goes by both?

I remember a friend who changed up their online name to 'as gaeilge' for professional reasons. They did not want prospective employers finding out things they got up to years earlier.

:eek:

Frantically googles Matt O Toole :pac: (to lazy)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

That was me! I edited/removed the post as I felt it wasn’t relevant to the discussion. But full disclosure, yes I know him and yes he goes by Matt, in social circles anyway.

He's going down and it's great. Will he even last till his speech tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

rusty cole wrote: »
    good evening Maitiú...good weekend yea?

Thought that was Leo:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Leo always delievers looks very suspect lads. Not just this once always.

The handing out of the DP centres needs to be looked at too. That screams dodgey.

Then everything handed out over rhe last few years like Irish water and the funny printer needs to be looked at too.

They arnt the bumbling idiots they pretend to be, they are wolves in sheepskin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Not a Leo fan then, eh?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I wonder how they'll frame the question about the dealing out of direct provision centres like fattened calves for the worthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

He's all over Netflix trying to find the right script to plagiarise :)

It a Leo fan then, eh?

English please Govt defender

He's a disgrace, sending confiendtial documents to his mates.

Spin it anyway you want, will go down as the worst leader in FG ever. Some will defend him here until he goes and then say it was correct to get rid. Some chancers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Bowie wrote: »
    He's all over Netflix trying to find the right script to plagiarise :)
    He's watching Frost/Nixon.

He just has to change a word here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Or you know, the fact that they are friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Or you know, the fact that they are friends.

That makes it ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,347 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

s1ippy wrote: »
    He's watching Frost/Nixon.

He just has to change a word here and there.

When the taoiseach does it, that means it's not illegal.

Not the same ring somehow...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Sorolla wrote: »
    The question has to be asked if it is the right of the media to report on issues that are of no importance.

The country is in the midst of a global pandemic.

Everyone should be wearing the green jersey.

These reports may very well destabilize a very successful government with one of the best Tainiste ever seen in this state.

Leo has potential to one day be commission President of the EU

Why are we a nation of begrudgers??

The big story should be the success of the lockdown and the millions of Irish lives that are daily being saved due to the bravery and courage of the greatest government this country has ever seen

I hope you are being sarcastic and taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Callan's Kicks should be good this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

So I've read about this story in a few different news articles. I was told it was a massive moment in history. Yet I read the articles over and over again and I fail to see a scandal. I do see a rather unwise move in the sense of never ever do business through WhatsApp or similar platforms.
    What sticks out to me more is how the contract was not shared with rival bodies after the contract was agreed. Why the secrecy? Even the opposition questioned this. The same opposition that are questioning why the information was shared.
    Maybe I'm too used to American politics and genuine scandals but this just seems boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lol, he is in jocks.

Why not? Because if he does go, the rancour will lead to an election which a) the public will never forgive any of them for and b) SF would be eating the lunch of the Greens and FF.

So, whatever fun happens tomorrow, I can absolutely promise you that Leo Varadkar will be Tánaiste and FG leader next weekend, next month and next year.

So, SF and Paul Murphy and Catherine Martin and Mattie McGrath and any other impotent examples will just have to bend over and take it up the tail pipe, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Lol, he is in jocks.

Why not? Because if he does go, the rancour will lead to an election which a) the public will never forgive any of them for and b) SF would be eating the lunch of the Greens and FF.

So, whatever fun happens tomorrow, I can absolutely promise you that Leo Varadkar will be Tánaiste and FG leader next weekend, next month and next year.

So, SF and Paul Murphy and Catherine Martin and Mattie McGrath and any other impotent examples will just have to bend over and take it up the tail pipe, so to speak.

I agree. He's going nowhere at this current time. But his reputation is in the bin long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

English please Govt defender

He's a disgrace, sending confiendtial documents to his mates.

Spin it anyway you want, will go down as the worst leader in FG ever. Some will defend him here until he goes and then say it was correct to get rid. Some chancers

As much as I enjoyed your rant a simple no would have done.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's clear Leaky Leo will survive unless more comes to light, I'm sure he's not to pleased at some intriguing photo's appearing showing him with his buddy Maitiú Ó Tuathail, some really bring to light the expression "a picture tells a 1000 words"

I get Mehole and FF coming to his rescue and their dread at any talk of an election but I suspect grass roots FF Supporters are not best pleased, particularly Leo's quite disgraceful previous attempts to undermine this government from the outset.

Leo's credibility is shot, if anything positive comes out of this, it will be and hopefully him keeping very very quite for the foreseeable future, he'll hardly be able to stand up in the Dail after today and pontificate to anyone bothered to listen ever again.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Lol, he is in jocks.

He can stay no problem but Fine Gael can never open their mouth about corruption or crime again. Also Lieo might have to say goodbye to cushy board roles. I would fancy having a leaker of commercially sensitive contracts on a board.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Lol, he is in jocks.

So they will still have a leaky lame duck as a leader next weekend, next month and next year too?

I think the opposition will be happy enough with that, Leo has lost a good chunk of integrity, and will be viewed with suspicion and distrust now forever more.

Let him stay on in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

McMurphy wrote: »
    So they will still have a leaky lame duck as a leader next weekend, next month and next year too?

I think the opposition will be happy enough with that, Leo has lost a good chunk of integrity, and will be viewed with suspicion and distrust now forever more.

Let him stay on in my opinion.

Haha. Good man Johnny. You're finally starting to accept that Leo ain't going nowhere and this whole thing is a storm in a teacup? Except now, embarassingly, you are trying to claim that's the outcome you wanted all along.

Yet another example of egg all over your face.

• Advertisement

Lol, he is in jocks.

Imagine if someone said Leo would have to bend over and take it up the pipe.

I find it amazing that people, don't care that our leader at the time had a document clearly marked confidential just sent it to his mate. What else has he been texting to his mates?
    How can he be trusted again

From what the village magazine are keeping on the Qt will have poor Leo ****ting it on what he says today

Leo and his wee FG army like Simon dont want a new election as Leo won't get elected after this

Corruption is the FG way €€€€

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement