Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

A GP texted Pat Kenny to say that the document was of no consequence. Soooo. What’s the problem?

Slight problem sharing a confidential document that despite the claims of some was not in wide circulation. Does give weight to the claims of D. Rabb that Leo leaked information about the Brexit negotiations. He now has confirmed he's untrustworthy to all and sundry. Not a reputation a leader would be happy to cultivate. His days of pontificating in the Dail are over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    10 year jail term :P

Never knew Leo was a raver either:D

Shooting kittens ;)

Non-story, even the bots know it now.
    Have you not seen the picture of MOT and Leo gurning the face off themselves. Who knows what the "Inner Sanctum" will reveal next.

The stray cat thing was an American Psycho reference. It's looking more like a documentary about the dodgy prick every day. He's a sociopath.

Slight problem sharing a confidential document that despite the claims of some was not in wide circulation. Does give weight to the claims of D. Rabb that Leo leaked information about the Brexit negotiations. He now has confirmed he's untrustworthy to all and sundry. Not a reputation a leader would be happy to cultivate. His days of pontificating in the Dail are over.

The contents of the document were already in the public domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Not according to Stephen Donnelly and the opposition at the time.

does anyone know how the watsap messages, photos? came into being?
    The doc sure as hell didnt want them out, so can we then assume they were either screen grabbed without consent or hacked or something of that nature?

if that's the case, there could be more, and there could be worse to come, is that fair to assume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You're massively overplaying this IMHO.

If people accept that the document was mostly public and giving it to the NAGP was of little consequence, then it'll be forgotten in a week as we watch the aftermath of the US election.

The "leak" tag is something that only an enclave on Twitter know or care about, it's not something that will stick in the minds of anyone who matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Which begs the question why did Leo need to provide it to his mate, if it were public?
    Funny though Donnelly hadn't received a copy.

rusty cole wrote: »
    does anyone know how the watsap messages, photos? came into being?
    The doc sure as hell didnt want them out, so can we then assume they were either screen grabbed without consent or hacked or something of that nature?

if that's the case, there could be more, and there could be worse to come, is that fair to assume?

Village magazine are saying there is more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

If a politician in his forties on any side of the house were found to be passing private and confidential (unknown to the public or TDs) government details to a 29 year old female (whose address he solicited) known to have been supporting him for leader and pictured with him at parties in pubs then everyone would draw the same conclusion.

Varadkar was passing information to a gay man and people ask to what benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

A GP texted Pat Kenny to say that the document was of no consequence. Soooo. What’s the problem?

Someone who says he is a GP text a radio show, lol. God, naive much.

• Advertisement

You also know the show is up when all the bots start going all Rumplestillskin with the posts.

Non story.

Thanks god these guys didn't win the election, can you imagine how phucked the country would be at this point?

Same lines as Barry Cowan, 'don't mind us the other crowd are worse'.
    Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Whatever your opinion on the appropriate repercussions, suggesting that there's nothing to see here is embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

So MM is supporting Leo. Sleveen politics at is worst but not surprising with the reputation MM has.He'll do whatever is needed to save his own skin, to hell with doing whats right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I believe it was Kevin Doyle that was on with Pat Kenny a while ago, they seem to believe that it all could hinge on what (if any) this other information is that the village claim to possess.

There could be fireworks in the Dail this afternoon, it'll be very very entertaining for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If a politician in his forties on any side of the house were found to be passing private and confidential (unknown to the public or TDs) government details to a 29 year old female (whose address he solicited) known to have been supporting him for leader and pictured with him at parties in pubs then everyone would draw the same conclusion.

To a gay man called Matthew O'TOOLe. Yes it all adds up...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Leo's corrupt and the fan boys don't care.

For someone who voted Green i admire you stance on defend the liar.

Is it now acceptable for all TDs to send documents not for circulation to their mates?

A simple yes or no will do

Not defending the man.

Just pointing out the stupidity of the posts which keep claiming there was something criminal when there clearly wasn't, based on the information to date.

His critics on here lack credibility because most of them are fantasists who have lost the run of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Someone who says he is a GP text a radio show, lol. God, naive much.

This is the same person that dismisses anything unless it is on RTE, the time or the Indo, outside of those 3 media channels everything else is deemed false or Sinners stirring the pot. :)

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Village magazine are saying there is more.

I am sure there is.

They are relying on a disgruntled Chas Bowes who was sent WhatsApp messages by O'Toole boasting about connections to Leo.

Were those connections real or imagined? So far, I am leaning towards the imagined, but if there is more evidence, let's see it.

blanch152 wrote: »
    I am sure there is.

They are relying on a disgruntled Chas Bowes who was sent WhatsApp messages by O'Toole boasting about connections to Leo.

Were those connections real or imagined? So far, I am leaning towards the imagined, but if there is more evidence, let's see it.

Agreed Blanch, I really do hope there's more.
    And unpackaged just in time for 6.1 news.

1000% i said this earlier in the thread and was laughed at...its the most plausible house of cards type intern and leader scenario you hear about all the time. Im interested in that aspect less than why or how those screen grabs went pubic.....i mean public....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Like Stephen Donnelly is a political icon all of a sudden?

The same posters whinging about his appointment a few months ago....

It gets patronising after a while.

that's beautiful, hats off to you , really.

You answered my point with such a different point to the one I made that it couldn't even be labelled a tangent.

stop acting like your name suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I am sure there is.

If there's anything more to come, it's most likely it'll be released while Leo is giving his account of what took place, or immediately afterwards going by Doyle* on Newstalk.

"Allowing Varadkar to hang himself" was how he put it.

*Open to correction that it was indeed Kevin Doyle, as I missed the name.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Agreed Blanch, I really do hope there's more.
    And unpackaged just in time for 6.1 news.

There will be more, but will it amount to anything more than O'Toole boasting about imagined influence?

I don't think so, but of course, I don't know, so wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,704 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I am sure there is.

blanch wants 'more evidence'? :)

The guy who routinely convicts on the basis of allegations wants more evidence in this case.

Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

For those that haven't seen it, an IT article outlining Paddy Cosgrave's involvement towards the end.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/who-are-the-main-players-in-the-varadkar-document-leak-1.4398276

I don't like Leo's slick and slimy behaviour and am keen to see him called to heel, but I really don't like Paddy Cosgrave. Is it simply the case that PC is stumping the money to Village for any legal action that could arise? I like seeing accountability for politicians, but that it comes about because of the personal crusade of rich jerks feels very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The big question is how will Leo the Leak blame Sinn Féin in his statement later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

They are resorting to name calling and gay-bashing now, very petty.

Non Story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

McMurphy wrote: »
    If there's anything more to come, it's most likely it'll be released while Leo is giving his account of what took place, or immediately afterwards going by Doyle* on Newstalk.

"Allowing Varadkar to hang himself" was how he put it.

*Open to correction that it was indeed Kevin Doyle, as I missed the name.

They are waiting for his apology (sorry his I done nothing wrong) speech and as soon as he lies, they will release the next bit

It's going to be a fun day

Maybe they will even release something beforehand to ruin his speech completely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

They are resorting to name calling and gay-bashing now, very petty.

Non Story.

Why is the Tanastie making a 20 min speech and then getting questioned for over 1 hour for something that's a non story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Wheety wrote: »
    The big question is how will Leo the Leak blame Sinn Féin in his statement later.

The big question is how will there ever be any accountability on the Dail now. FG supposedly the party of law and order and telling everyone that it's ok to leak documents through unauthorised back channels, regardless of whether the document is in the public or not, we had the justice minister on yesterday saying that this is ok, now what happens if another party in opposition leaks a confidential document how can they be held to account? There is no way that FG or FF now after backing Leo can ever hold anyone else to account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement