Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

blanch152 wrote: »
    Not defending the man.

Just pointing out the stupidity of the posts which keep claiming there was something criminal when there clearly wasn't, based on the information to date.

His critics on here lack credibility because most of them are fantasists who have lost the run of themselves.

The credibility of posters here is irrelevant as it's an anonymous internet forum, the credibility or rather lack of for Leo is quite a problem. He has shown he cannot be trusted with confidential information, no amount of spin from Green party supporters can nullify that.
    It will be fun if something else is released while Leo is on his feet in the Dail but I doubt there is.
    Btw did you ever figure out the difference between a referendum and a plebiscite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

boombang wrote: »
    For those that haven't seen it, an IT article outlining Paddy Cosgrave's involvement towards the end.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/who-are-the-main-players-in-the-varadkar-document-leak-1.4398276

I don't like Leo's slick and slimy behaviour and am keen to see him called to heel, but I really don't like Paddy Cosgrave. Is it simply the case that PC is stumping the money to Village for any legal action that could arise? I like seeing accountability for politicians, but that it comes about because of the personal crusade of rich jerks feels very wrong.
    I remember cosgraves squirming apology to O'Tuathail on twitter, less than a year ago,I'd forgotten about that and didn't know O'Tuathail had sued him and won
    The other thing I didn't know was its paddy cosgrave who brought the story to the village

So basically no altruism here at all,no good motive
    Just bitterness
    What a murky world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

They are waiting for his apology (sorry his I done nothing wrong) speech and as soon as he lies, they will release the next bit

It's going to be a fun day

Maybe they will even release something beforehand to ruin his speech completely

I hope for Maryanne84's and blanch's sake they release it to one of RTE, the Times or the indo. After all they don't look at any other media. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

sn%20Maitiu%20and%20Leo%20Read-Only.JPG

That t-shirt alone should see him walk. Reprehensible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Nobotty wrote: »
    I remember cosgraves squirming apology to O'Tuathail on twitter, less than a year ago,I'd forgotten about that and didn't know O'Tuathail had sued him and won
    The other thing I didn't know was its paddy cosgrave who brought the story to the village

Just bitterness
    What a murky world

Awh pet you still hurting

It's OK Leo will get a job in Europe, wouldn't worry about him as he dosnt give a **** about you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Floppybits wrote: »
    I hope for Maryanne84's and blanch's sake they release it to one of RTE, the Times or the indo. After all they don't look at any other media. :)

'I bet none of the opposition had even heard of The Village before the weekend'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just bitterness
    What a murky world

Where did you read that? First I've heard of it.
    'I bet none of the opposition had even heard of The Village before the weekend'

Vincent Brown was heavily involved with village magazine in the past, so I very much doubt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The merging of FF and FG in the public's mind is almost complete.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

The way FG dealt with Michael Lowry was decisive and swift. He was damaging to them by keeping him and he would have no doubt been a future leader. The modern FG party are so entrenched here defending their boy from outside attacks they cannot see the damage his leadership is doing to the party’s standing outside of the base.

He is the FG leader who made SF electable ffs, for that alone he should have been turned out in February, defending him and keeping him is just nonsensical.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

More revelations being released at 3.00 pm today according to Village on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,508 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Says in Irish times further revelations to come later on

Also- paddy cosgrave is deeply involved in this apparently - he recommended the whistle blower contact the village magazine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Fann Linn wrote: »
    More revelations being released at 3.00 pm today according to Village on Twitter.
    That gives Varadkar an hour and nine minutes to respond or hopefully, just scrawl 'I resign' on his speech sheet with a black marker.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nothing on their feed ?

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    That gives Varadkar an hour and nine minutes to respond or hopefully, just scrawl 'I resign' on his expense sheet with a black marker.;)

Apparently to give opposition and coalition partners time to see them?

Brendan Howlin is no impressed with FG defense of Varadkar. He is slating him on Claire Byrne.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Nothing on their feed ?

Couldn't find it myself and someone linked to Cha Bowes.

Brendan Howlin is no impressed with FG defense of Varadkar. He is slating him on Claire Byrne.

is he?? IS HE HOWLIN MAD?? :eek:

WHAT?? A LITTLE LEVITY IN THESE TOUGH TIME EH??

SORRY..MY BAD

rusty cole wrote: »
    is he?? IS HE HOWLIN MAD?? :eek:

WHAT?? A LITTLE LEVITY IN THESE TOUGH TIME EH??

SORRY..MY BAD

Calm down there rusty. Jaysus you FG lads are fierce touchy these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

FG and Phil Hogan destroyed Labour in the 2016 GE by making them own the Irish Water superquango mess.

FG lost 16 seats. Labour lost 26 seats!!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Calm down there rusty. Jaysus you FG lads are fierce touchy these days.

eh??? I'm like an ashiest where political persuasion is concerned.
    FF and FG would be the last parties on my dance card.
    I was just laffing at your comment because of brendans stature and how
    he howls loudest after the fact, he seems ok though, I like him.
    Alan kelly...not so much :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,704 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Howlin gutting Leo there. Whatever happens Leo will never be able to take the high ground again nor can a FG supporter.

'I did it for the good of the country', is everyone's excuse now.

That, as I said, will do me. FG holed below the water line..in a merger with FF for a few wet months and it turns out they are like for like, as many suspected. Looking forward to wagon circling in the Dáil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Near identical sentiments were expressed by an now disgraced ex-garda comissioner about maurice mccabe

I doubt cosgrave is a saint,but he has thrown a spotlight on issues,that need answering

Not entirely
    He has an obvious axe to grind
    His motivation does need scrutiny and its foul IMO not altruistic
    All the pictures need examining
    We see this so many times
    Politics is so adversarial that something may have an entirely different explanation to one that also fits it

Its exactly why for example 4 SF people resigned at the weekend over something that had 2 explanations that fitted
    The adversarial nature of politics meant the sinister won out
    They should NOT have resigned
    Its pc gone mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

The defence that there was no material difference in sharing the deal before general release is probably false. Releasing it a friend who is head of a rival union probably does two things.
    • Undermines the IMO position
    • Allows the rival union to say to GPs "we can get a better deal for you". Making his friend more successful.

Both of which benefit the government in this negotiation by weakening the opposing party.

Highly unethical whichever way you look at it.

Not entirely
    He has an obvious axe to grind
    His motivation does need scrutiny and its foul IMO not altruistic
    All the pictures need examining
    We see this so many times
    Politics is so adversarial that something may have an entirely different explanation to one that also fits it

Its exactly why for example 4 SF people resigned at the weekend over something that had 2 explanations that fitted
    The adversarial nature of politics meant the sinister won out
    They should NOT have resigned
    Its pc gone mad

Its neither here nor there,what his axe to grind??

(Honestly think he a bit of a gowl)

The lad,varadkar, has been caught doing wrong and needs accept responsibility for his actions.....complaining about and blaming everyone else,shouldnt wash here

Its a bit like donald trump.and his double jeprody rubbish....dont lie and it wont be a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Green Eamonn Ryan when asked was this issue a distraction while on his way into cabinet this morning said (after a second or so maybe catching his breath from his cycle?) - 'Yes.'

2007-2011 = 2020 in Ryanland.

sn%20Maitiu%20and%20Leo%20Read-Only.JPG

That t-shirt alone should see him walk. Reprehensible.

The bang of Frank underwood and Zoe barnes of that photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Where did you read that? First I've heard of it.

Vincent Brown was heavily involved with village magazine in the past, so I very much doubt that.

Cosgrave has been all over this from the start. Surprised that you haven't been following him on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Get Real

They should wait til after Leo's speech. To see what his account is first . Then release any info after that may counter his claims after so his speech can properly be weighed up. Rather than allowing him to cover himself if he needs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The defence that there was no material difference in sharing the deal before general release is probably false. Releasing it a friend who is head of a rival union probably does two things.
    • Undermines the IMO position
    • Allows the rival union to say to GPs "we can get a better deal for you". Making his friend more successful.

Both of which benefit the government in this negotiation by weakening the opposing party.

Highly unethical whichever way you look at it.

Are you suggesting that it is highly unethical for a government to do something that benefits it, and by extension, the country?

A strange interpretation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Get Real wrote: »
    They should wait til after Leo's speech. To see what his account is first . Then release any info after that may counter his claims after so his speech can properly be weighed up. Rather than allowing him to cover himself if he needs to.

From what I heard, there's more to follow after it aswell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement