Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Already arguing in the Dail over the time allocated to question Varadkar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

McMurphy wrote: »
    Tbf to M.M I think he's probably just mixing up his description of Leo as the then Taoiseach, and confusing him with still being the Taoiseach now.

Ya i thought that too. It doesn't look good but can see why it would happen

• Registered Users Posts: 68,704 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Speaker losing control already, going to be a long afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Floppybits wrote: »
    Already arguing in the Dail over the time allocated to question Varadkar.

Its no wonder the country is in the state its in when you see this carry on and antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Mary Lou has said that the Gov have agreed to publish all Doc's .
    https://twitter.com/MaryLouMcDonald/status/1323634004604702721?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm not. All DP centres need Medical supoort , but given that his attitude seems to be that DP centres are opportunities to profit it seems logical to me that that contract should be looked at.
    But aren't DP centres just an opportunity for a private company to profit?

Why else would they do it?

I'm sure their contract includes a significant amount of profit. Why else would they sign it?

The emoji looks bad, but when you think about it, all that does is make you confront your own discomfort. With the fact that the private companies providing DP services are profiting, and do so entirely for the purpose of profiting.
    We tell ourselves it's a humanitarian service, but it's not. Like the charity CEO who takes home six figures, they do it for the money, not the charity.

Of course someone running a private business in that area will look at direct provision centres and consider if there's a profit opportunity. They wouldn't be very good businesses if they didn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Its no wonder the country is in the state its in when you see this carry on and antics.

I wouldn't mind but is only a minute in the difference. Waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

Harris and Kelly having long chat (not socially distanced either) on Oireachtas TV at the mo. Wonder what they're chatting about?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So much ado about nothing

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    But aren't DP centres just an opportunity for a private company to profit?

Why else would they do it?

I'm sure their contract includes a significant amount of profit. Why else would they sign it?

The emoji looks bad, but when you think about it, all that does is make you confront your own discomfort. With the fact that the private companies providing DP services are profiting, and do so entirely for the purpose of profiting.
    We tell ourselves it's a humanitarian service, but it's not. Like the charity CEO who takes home six figures, they do it for the money, not the charity.

Of course someone running a private business in that area will look at direct provision centres and consider if there's a profit opportunity. They wouldn't be very good businesses if they didn't.

I agree with you that the opportunity to profit is there and naturally it will be taken.

The State should be providing these services but they are not interested.

I don't know a lot about how the DP system is run apart from it is frequently criticised for housing people in inhumane conditions.

I'm not sure if there are International Rules/Guidelines that need to be followed but it does seem that Vulnerable people are being exploited.

I'm also aware that not everyone who is in DP is a vulnerable person and that there are some people who are criminals and should be deported.

Its like when the Eucharistic Ministers go up to the altar to help the priest with the communion at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 68,704 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Holy Mary wrote: »

Pay attention to Alan Kelly would be my tip here. He seems to be intimating that there is more here. Other leaks by people connected to Varadkar.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Holy Mary wrote: »
    Mr. Smith is known for making grand promises that don't materialise. I wonder if his "more to come" was the legal opinion he published earlier on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

Pay attention to Alan Kelly would be my tip here. He seems to be intimating that there is more here. Other leaks by people connected to Varadkar.

Thanks. But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Watching the Dail.

Catherine Connolly is wasting her time with these muppets. She is smarter than all of them.

How did Kerry elect 2 of those gombeens?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

You have to commend the TDs for not breaking their holes laughing when the HealyRaes speak.

Watching the Dail.

Catherine Connolly is wasting her time with these muppets. She is smarter than all of them.

They actually show Martin in a good light. Pair of gombeens is right.

Rather than adjourning can he not be removed and let matters proceed?

Watching the Dail.

She should just say “SHUT THE **** UP!”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

You have to commend the TDs for not breaking their holes laughing when the HealyRaes speak.

Why are they always so outraged.

MM made a fair point, they are always objecting everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

jesus what a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Well now, wonder what is in it for the Healy-Rea Party to engage in an obvious delay tactic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Isn't Catherine Connolly a former school teacher
    She should be well used to children

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Well now, wonder what is in it for the Healy-Rea Party to engage in an obvious delay tactic.

A new pot hole fixing truck perhaps?

531620.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Acosta

Security should drag the pair of them out and turf them onto the plinth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Shows how futile it is electing independents.

Bannasidhe wrote: »

A new 4 lane motorway around the Ring of Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

A new pot hole fixing truck perhaps?

531620.png

More likely the tender to repair the pot holes plus a new pot hole fixing truck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement