Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

Hahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

A human bean!

I should watch this channel more often. It’s great craic.

Take that back
    No, you take that back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I should watch this channel more often. It’s great craic.

Take that back
    No, you take that back

And they said Panto was cancelled this year. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

So we covered covid in schools, the sanitiser scandal, the finance bill, the cervical check victims, deporting refugees, the mother and baby homes, supporting sport during the pandemic and SHOOTING GAME was what had caused this delay.

They're still shouting and delaying it.

I'm embarrassed to be represented by these "people". It's over half an hour of delays now. I doubt the thousand or so people who are affected by this issue are too happy with this holy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Watching the Dail.

Catherine Connolly is wasting her time with these muppets. She is smarter than all of them.

How did Kerry elect 2 of those gombeens?

Just saw that Michael Healy Rae blow up myself, actually felt sorry for Michael Martin having to listen to that sh1te week in, week out.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just saw that Michael Healy Rae blow up myself, actually felt sorry for Michael Martin having to listen to that sh1te week in, week out.

It would make you wonder about Kerry people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I think Michael Healy Rae is dangerous in that he only pretends to be completely stupid. I don't think he's that dense.

As for Danny...

Both a complete national embarrassment. I imagine they reinforce the worst stereotypes of us to the Brits whenever they see those fools. But then again, when I look at some Tory MPs.

• Advertisement

boombang wrote: »
    I think Michael Healy Rae is dangerous in that he only pretends to be completely stupid. I don't think he's that dense.

As for Danny...

Both a complete national embarrassment. I imagine they reinforce the worst stereotypes of us to the Brits whenever they see those fools. But then again, when I look at some Tory MPs.

An observation on Twitter
    https://twitter.com/Jerry_McCarthy/status/1323656671995056129?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Holy Mary wrote: »

Knowing Leo's apparent methods, its a wonder he didn't go to town to destroy them if that was the case.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Knowing Leo's apparent methods, its a wonder he didn't go to town to destroy them if that was the case.

In the interest of the public good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

boombang wrote: »

As for Danny...

Don't worry about the Brits.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Holy Mary wrote: »

Which makes it look like Varadker acted out of political self interest.

A Taoiseach leaking a document to an organisation that threatened to get it's membership of c2k to actively campaign against the political party he heads.
    That goes way beyond 'not best practice'.

Although personally if my GP tried to influence my vote I would soon be making an official complaint about them - regardless of whom they were pro/anti.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Jesus wept the Dail is an absolute disgrace, what are these TD'S on? and I'm not referring to obscene salaries and Perks, just shocking behaviour generally, I've seen kids at a Crèche behaving better.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

At this point, I'd say even Axl Rose is raising an eyebrow at these delays.

While we're waiting Drivetime will be starting in a min
    https://www.rte.ie/radio1/drivetime/

Maybe something will break?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭redarmy

The Dáil timetable didn't factor in the few minutes required for opposition TDs to introduce their own new legislation - Ged Nash and Eoin Ó Broin doing that today - so Varadkar is now scheduled to be on his feet at… 5:15pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Bowes isn't the journalist. He is the whistleblower. He has no influence over how the Village choses to handle the information he gave them. That is an editorial decision.

If you had read the article you are criticising you would have seen that Micheal Smith is the journalist and he clearly identifies Bowes as the source of the information.

https://villagemagazine.ie/varadkar-leaks-confidential-document/

Bowes is the person who made a complaint to the AGS

Commenting without ascertaining basic facts, or even reading the article, seems odd.

I hope for his sake he does not implicate himself in any crime here.

He will turn out to be the biggest victim in all of this. It always works out that way. He can forget about securing contracts with the HSE for starters, no one will touch him with a barge pole now.

He will be left with winks and backslaps from a gang of whinging lefties, I couldn't think of anything worse.

A Taoiseach leaking a document to an organisation that threatened to get it's membership of c2k to actively campaign against the political party he heads.

Substitute the word 'leak' for providing. I think you will get my drift.

That goes way beyond 'not best practice'.

Although personally if my GP tried to influence my vote I would soon be making an official complaint about them - regardless of whom they were pro/anti.

That letter the NAGP wrote to Fine Gael was quite the threat to them in the lead up to the Local & European elections
    Chris Goodey, then chief executive of the NAGP, wrote to TDs, including the former chairman of the Fine Gael parliamentary party and current junior minister, Martin Heydon, in February 2019, issuing the warning.

In the letter, Mr Goodey said that members could be told to put posters in waiting rooms ahead of last year's local and European elections due to the union being locked out of the negotiation of the new contract, which Mr Varadkar sent to NAGP President Dr Maitiú Ó Tuathail the following April, after it had been agreed with the rival Irish Medical Organisation (IMO).

"At the request of our members, the National Council of the NAGP met this weekend.
    "Our members have advised us that they intend to individually commence campaigning against their local Fine Gael TDs, Senators and Councillors, unless the current situation is corrected.
    Letter from NAGP to Martin Heydon saying that they would begin campaigning against their local TDs and senators and inform their patients how Fine Gael policies was harming general practice if they were not included in negotiations. pic.twitter.com/JJfugmCWQO
    — aoife moore. (@aoifegracemoore) November 2, 2020
    "This activity could involve up to 2,100 individual GPs informing their patients personally about the health policies of Fine Gael TDs and councillors in the upcoming local and general elections, and the detrimental effect that these policies are having on patient services in the community.

"Our members advise us that they will inform their patients of the failings in the health service and the role of Fine Gael in the demise of community and GP services.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40075016.html

I doubt Fine Gael wanted over 2,000 GPs putting literature up in their waiting rooms telling people not to vote for Fine Gael

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I hope for his sake he does not implicate himself in any crime here.

He will turn out to be the biggest victim in all of this. It always works out that way. He can forget about securing contracts with the HSE for starters, no one will touch him with a barge pole now.

He will be left with winks and backslaps from a gang of whinging lefties, I couldn't think of anything worse.

He’ll be victimised all right. You can see it already beginning your post - casting vague aspersions of criminality without any evidence, threat of blacklist, accusations of association. Your own behaviour in this short post accurately sums up the mistreatment whistleblowers can expect from those who don’t like the spotlight being shone on their dubious ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,704 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He’ll be victimised all right. You can see it already beginning your post - casting vague aspersions of criminality without any evidence, threat of blacklist, accusations of association. Your own behaviour in this short post accurately sums up the mistreatment whistleblowers can expect from those who don’t like the spotlight being shone on their dubious ways.

They did the same to Maurice McCabe, and a whole raft of whistle blowers (see the recent documentary on same)

I would imagine Bowes didn't get into this blind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Martin sounds like someone who didn't prepare their homework and is just waffling his way through it.

wtf is keeping Leo from reading Terry Prones speech, does he not know there is Champions League football on tonight

God they are stringing this out, some cut on our representatives, someone needs to call Boyd Barrett aside and whisper in his ear, that he's not on a western film set, that yoke he's wearing as a mask looks like something a cowboy would wear when robbing a stage coach, just ludicrous.

• Advertisement

Here we go.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement