Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Here we go.......

Waffle waffle waffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

He’ll be victimised all right. You can see it already beginning your post - casting vague aspersions of criminality without any evidence, threat of blacklist, accusations of association. Your own behaviour in this short post accurately sums up the mistreatment whistleblowers can expect from those who don’t like the spotlight being shone on their dubious ways.

I would have thought the McCabe saga was a lesson for those who wished to vilify whistleblowers?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Looks like Leo is going with the 'I leaked it for the national interest' defense, nobody believes that crock of sh1te. Silly, silly boy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Nobody wants to hear your poxy history lesson Leo.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Looks like Leo is going with the 'I leaked it for the national interest' defense, nobody believes that crock of sh1te. Silly, silly boy.

Divert. Distract. Deflect.

• Advertisement

He's had his first dig at the civil servants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this but Varadkar is spouting pure and utter waffle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Vomit enducing, need to see my own GP now

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I think Leo should get the parachute because he's great. In fact, I think I should get both the parachutes, in case one of them doesn't work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Well, listening to his explanation makes this seem like a complete non story.

I hope the Village will may a full apology

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I would have thought the McCabe saga was a lesson for those who wished to vilify whistleblowers?

True, but it seems IAMAMORON hasn't been paying attention in class.

Harris nodding his head and texting furiously, wonder who he's briefing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Nothing new here, and this defence has been blown outta the water since this story broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Lot of anger around here, and a lot of time wasted over the past few days over a complete non issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Hmmm can't actually see much wrong here.

Time will tell.

Lots of 'we all know what it's like'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I like the way the camera moved to Mary Lou when the BS parallel was drawn to peacemaking in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

His "friend" is not his friend... but telling him he is bigging himself up... thats why he says "leo always delivers"

The guy is not telling the truth here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Allinall

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Nothing new here, and this defence has been blown outta the water since this story broke.

By who?

Some random era on the internet?

• Advertisement

I need a box of tissues, this is emotionally draining

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I think Leo is explaining this well. I also think he way more capable that Coveney and all the other FG and FF ministers - it's a low bar to be honest. I think we are better to have him in the Dail than to leave politics. But he will need to stop acting like a petulant child at times and leaking information to get visibility. I have zero doubt he leaked the NPHET Level 5 letter now.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

There isn’t a senior politician in that Dáil who hasn’t leaked something confidential to either the media or another stakeholder. It’s an extremely effective way of getting things done at times. I’m sure there’s going to be lots of journos worried about their sources as a result.

Simon looks nervous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

NSAman wrote: »
    His "friend" is not his friend... but telling him he is bigging himself up... thats why he says "leo always delivers"

The guy is not telling the truth here

Wow Leo just lost a friend. He just threw the celeb doctor friend under the Bus.

Doherty tearing thru em. Caught lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

Caught by the bollox .... Why would you get a second copy... only to pass it on... not believeable here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Lot of anger around here, and a lot of time wasted over the past few days over a complete non issue.

To be fair this is actually a major issue.

Sinn Féin are doing an awful job on quizzing him though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So he is claiming he was very interested in the contract for GPs but when he received the first copy he threw it in the bin :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Doherty’s fake outrage act is gone very stale at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement