Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

People commending Leo for reading off a carefully prepared script. And this before he is subject to questions. All rather premature. Doherty has him stuttering already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

NSAman wrote: »
    Caught by the bollox .... Why would you get a second copy... only to pass it on... not believeable here

He wanted to read it again.. Are you not listening to him? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Good line of questioning in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Wow Leo just lost a friend. He just threw the celeb doctor friend under the Bus.

Yes, very bitchy :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

He wanted to read it again.. Are you not listening to him? :)

Doherty then asking are you serious? :)

• Advertisement

Pearse on fire, Surprised Leo hasn't brought up the IRA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I think Leo should get the parachute because he's great. In fact, I think I should get both the parachutes, in case one of them doesn't work!

I think we have it all wrong. He appears so nice. We've got it all wrong and the guy is not even his friend. He only looked sideways at him once and texts him on WhatsApp etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Good line of questioning in fairness.

Impressive in fairness, forensic in nature and little rhetoric. Doherty has come on a lot.

Varadkar a little rattled, I'd say he was expecting more of an argy-bargy type exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

Spoofing the gaff down 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Simon Harris looking very shifty and nervous there

• Advertisement

Doherty’s fake outrage act is gone very stale at this stage.

The irony of this....
    Lot of clutching at straws going on now. Poor auld Paul Murphy is losing the plot over on Twitter.
    Complete non-story as I mentioned earlier. All the usual lads fell for a bit of fake outrage again. Must be disappointing for you all to see it fizzle out. Word for the wise, men (always men), The Phoenix and The Village aren't reliable journalistic sources. A Shinner and Loony Left pamphlet respectively.
    Lot of anger in this thread, and plenty of projection as well. Complete non-story. Sorry folks.

If this is such a non story then why are you so obsessed with it?

Floppybits wrote: »
    Doherty then asking are you serious? :)

It's OK, he knows he's not serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

I think Leo is coming across poor here, and I have no dog in this race whatsoever. People saying this is going well sound like they are brainwashed tbh.

God, this is Fun

ooooooowwww! This sounds bad. "I gave it to him in confidence but then he shared it"
    "he is my friend"
    "He his not my friend"
    "I've got lots of friends"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Go for the fatality Pearse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

A bombshell

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Simon Harris looking very shifty and nervous there

Just waiting for him to put up a placard about social distancing and that we're all in this Together

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Oh dear. The Village clearly have more on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Oh dear, Leo has just said that he has never leaked any other confidential documents, think that might come back to bite him

• Advertisement

Simon looking around him. Very worried

The then Taoiseach undermining his own Ministers, going behind their backs. Terrible look.

Oh Dear, The celeb Doc asked the health Minister for the document.
    He went around the minister.

Good background info from Doherty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

This is a ****-show

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

That letter the NAGP wrote to Fine Gael was quite the threat to them in the lead up to the Local & European elections

I doubt Fine Gael wanted over 2,000 GPs putting literature up in their waiting rooms telling people not to vote for Fine Gael

Probably not - so now it looks like following political pressure on his own party, and at the request of a friend who was a high ranking member of that organisation, the Taoiseach ignored protocol, told no one, and sent a copy of a contract with a rival organisation which had not yet been signed (and afaik was in fact later amended) to the home address of his friend.

Oh Dear, The celeb Doc asked the health Minister for the document.
    He went around the minister.

Good background info from Doherty.

Simon has some integrity

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Where did he get these facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Oh dear, Leo has just said that he has never leaked any other confidential documents, think that might come back to bite him

In fairness, I think that was slip of the tongue regarding leaking other documents to O'Toole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Did you order the Code Red?!

YOU'RE GOD DAMN RIGHT I DID!!!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

Pearse has done his homework and Leo is left badly floundering. The slick veneer from earlier has evaporated completely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement