Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Arghus wrote: »
    "Perhaps I was under the mistaken impression that Dr. O' Thuathail was one of the good people in that organisation."

Straight under those wheels.

Really puts his judgement in question

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

No Crimbo card to Leo from Matt this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Mrmoe wrote: »
    They should have given their question time to Doherty, he had him by the short and curlies

He was up first so all the material was fresh and he came away with no sound bites. Leo should be in an untenable spot at this stage but there's no new headline/smoking gun. The whole angry man thing might be good for Facebook but he's not forced Leo out so it's a bust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I was expecting more from the Social Democrats here. She has nothing.

Appears little coordination between the opposition. The question of going behind Simon's back seems the important thread to pull, but they're not going for it.

Id see matt 3 times a year.....and yet leo "always" delivers... mcntee and harris are lucky doherty didnt get longer..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I guess that explains why Varadkar was so keen to throw Ó Tuathail under the bus today. Riskly considering what Ó Tuathail knows. Although you'd imagine Varadkar has given him a heads up considering their extensive contacts over the weekend.

I don't want to hear it.. Class

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Unless a smoking gun comes I reckon Leo will be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I hope he wipes the floor with this parasite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Surely if Matt had more ammo Leo wouldn't attack him????

I didnt want anyone to know about it
    Again a friend and not a friend line

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

smurgen wrote: »

Did they release anything at 3 o clock ? It feels like a real ****show from them I reckon. Either release what you have or don't but don't be throwing out soap opera type ads about it

Hell hath no fury......

Discredit your enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I hope he wipes the floor with this parasite.

That's no way to talk about Leo :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Dempo1 wrote: »
    That's no way to talk about Leo :)

Leo is Murphy's nemesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bullocks wrote: »
    Did they release anything at 3 o clock ? It feels like a real ****show from them I reckon. Either release what you have or don't but don't be throwing out soap opera type ads about it

Yeah totally nothing ;)

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Leo is Murphy's nemesis.

Indeed and only reason I like him :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I didnt want anyone to know about it
    Again a friend and not a friend line

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Looks like the FG ministers are all on their phones. Perhaps looking at this thread.

Someone has to leak it......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Jesus , round and round we go. Foghorn voice Doherty desparately trying to make something out of this then dribbling through various others to end up with the weasel Paul Murphy. Leo looking more confident as this gos on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Bad answer, Leo...

Very bad answer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

"Not a supporter of mine."

leo1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭irishproduce

To be honest with the headline from the village this evening, what seemed like a good public interest story is kind of turning into an EastEnders/ daily mail cheap scandal story. The kind of thing nosey people and scandal seekers find interesting as opposed to serious people interested in real public interest investigations.
    Just my view. Last Sunday I was all behind this story but tonight's headline from them seems like it's becoming a cheap tell all scandal nothing to do with the proper behaviours or ability to continue in job.

I'm not going to sue..

I'm really confused, there's one particular photo of Leo & Maitiú Ó Tuathail at a Dublin pride event, now maybe I'm missing something, but having arms around each others waists suggests they were close friend's, either that are they were trying to pick pocket one another

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

There isn’t a senior politician in that Dáil who hasn’t leaked something confidential to either the media or another stakeholder. It’s an extremely effective way of getting things done at times. I’m sure there’s going to be lots of journos worried about their sources as a result.

Vincent Browne, who some on here were crediting with this scoop*, said the same on Twitter.

*in pretending they knew what the Village was, only showed that they hadn't read it in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭jackboy

Truthvader wrote: »
    Leo looking more confident as this gos on.

Not sure about that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement