Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

He had power to authorise its release because of who he was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Varadkar is now holed below the water line and is finished as a serious political figurehead. Time to finish him off and do us all a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Bullocks wrote: »
    Did they release anything at 3 o clock ? It feels like a real ****show from them I reckon. Either release what you have or don't but don't be throwing out soap opera type ads about it

As I said before, if they had something of substance, they would have pulled the plug on it on Sunday in response to Leo's statement.
    Someone mentioned on Pat Kenny, Village magazine is only released 6 times a year - commercially there's no value is holding back info for another 7 weeks.

Denis naughton... . Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bullocks wrote: »
    Did they release anything at 3 o clock ? It feels like a real ****show from them I reckon. Either release what you have or don't but don't be throwing out soap opera type ads about it

There is certainly a very childish element to the behaviour of the Village (can I call them the Village People?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

They should have given O'Riordan and Murphy's time to the others, a waste of speaking time

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Varadkar is now holed below the water line and is finished as a serious political figurehead. Time to finish him off and do us all a favour.

Shiver me timbers arrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Paul Murphy mostly has rhetoric.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

boombang wrote: »

He was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

And a head full of air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He had power to authorise its release because of who he was

Essentially, yes, that has been the big hole in the Village story from the very start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I'm really confused, there's one particular photo of Leo & Maitiú Ó Tuathail at a Dublin pride event, now maybe I'm missing something, but having arms around each others waists suggests they were close friend's, either that are they were trying to pick pocket one another

That doesn't mean anything.

You're suggesting people only have arms around eachother if they're great friends?

I've had my arms around complete strangers at many parties through the years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

"He's a friend, not a close friend"

Ah f**k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I have lots of GP friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

That doesn't mean anything.

You're suggesting people only have arms around eachother if they're great friends?

I've had my arms around complete strangers at many parties through the years!!

Foreplay to you, it's certainly not something I'd do or anyone I know for that matter

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

I think he’s doing alright here explaining himself, he might actually survive.

Boyd barret a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

And now Boyd Barrett, surely we are at the bottom of the barrell now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

I was expecting more from the Social Democrats here. She has nothing.

Appears little coordination between the opposition. The question of going behind Simon's back seems the important thread to pull, but they're not going for it.

Her questions were terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Wombatman wrote: »
    I have lots of GP friends.

source.gif

It was a confidential document I gave on a confidential basis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Allinall

I wonder how the Garda investigation is going.

I’d say the file is closed and a good chuckle is being had.

Don’t think the DPP needs to worry about this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Foreplay to you, it's certainly not something I'd do or anyone I know for that matter

Foreplay to you? Freudian slip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Leo released confidential information to his pal. Why? We do not know.
    He gave one group/his pal confidential information regarding negotiations, not yet published. There is nothing to debate IMO, just LV trying to justify it.

I wasn't expecting him to get any kind of scolding from FF/Greens. His character is known. It's out in public for the public to decide. He's been damaged goods since he was a minister. FG would be best served by letting him fade away, but with Leo's ego and big mouth, it's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

So because he was Taoiseach he could leak the document without facing criminal charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Foreplay to you? Freudian slip?

Me? Never :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Sweet Caroline on the dancefloor always did it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

Can anyone tell me will this be investigated? I want to know did anyone benefit personally? Is the taxpayer on the hook for this? (I know GPS did not have a good agreement in the past). I don’t care if it appropriate or not best practice. I do care if there was unfair financial gain for someone or some group.

• Advertisement

Now we pull the Harris string

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement