Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Hubertj wrote: »
    Ok so is it clear the only thing he looks to have done wrong is leak information which was confidential? He got caught basically? Any laws or regulations broken are procedural vs dishonesty / bribery / unfair advantage to a party in negotiations?

Nothing from today.
    I think from what was said that a minister or Taoiseach can decide to release information .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Leo can shine against everybody except Toibin and Doherty due to the lack quality he's up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

This has been a blast of a Thread, time to get dinner. Listen out for the Late Debate with Katie Hannon, could be interesting.

Thanks all, good night :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Did you think Catherine Murphy, Paul ‘Mao’ Murphy, Richie BB, or the Healy Raes did anything impressive this evening? Did they impress you?

Really poor overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭golfball37

He’ll survive but his credibility is in tatters permanently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Am I misremembering, but did leo say he deleted text messages and that's the reason he couldn't give an exact date of when document was sent?
    How did no one follow up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Lost the momentum a bit but 2nd Healy Rae was ok and Quigley has been good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

I've voted independent, ff, Labour, and FG last 2 elections. Never again, and I hate that there's not one party I can look in thr eye and trust not be act the complete bollix. the fact that Leo will get away with clear cronyism, something that if I did it, I'd be removed from my role by the end of the week and wouldn't even question it,makes my blood boil.

Our political caste is a ****ing disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Jim Root wrote: »
    Who votes for these people who can barely speak English??

Other people who can barely speak English and sign their names with an X.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

golfball37 wrote: »
    He’ll survive but his credibility is in tatters permanently

That has to be more out there.

On this story?
    Possibly not?

But there's another story coming down the line which will finish him off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Am I misremembering, but did leo say he deleted text messages and that's the reason he couldn't give an exact date of when document was sent?
    How did no one follow up with that?

He said that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Leo is stuttering a bit here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Catherine Connolly.. Nice opener

• Registered Users Posts: 68,712 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Catherine floored him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Varadkar will be removed at the first chance FG have

Won’t be sad to see him go

“Too clever by half” as the saying goes

Insincere, fake, ego maniac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Catherine Connolly started well, but she's gone off script now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Was a great question. Took him by surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The Pearse Doherty one, about O'Toole trying to get a copy from Harris in early April, being refused, and then getting it from Varadkar was the only real blow struck, if that can be made to stick then there could be trouble. Otherwise he has disgracefully got away with it imo unless Village have something else

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I think Varadkar is just a bit stupid more than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Catherine Connolly is very competent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    The Pearse Doherty one, about O'Toole trying to get a copy from Harris in early April, being refused, and then getting it from Varadkar was the only real blow struck, if that can be made to stick then there could be trouble. Otherwise he has disgracefully got away with it imo unless Village have something else

The failure of coordination with Labour and SD over that zinger was an amazing oversight. Unforgivable.

Leo will be breathing a sigh of relief I think.

Varadkar has ALWAYS been insincere, glib, shallow, false

Obsessed with popularity

Full of sh1te,

constantly spinning,

Bitchy as it gets

delighted to knife colleagues

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Catherine Connolly excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Catherine floored him there.

Not in a position to watch it live, what did she say?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It's all over.

Did Joe Biden concede yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

And now all the politicians can go back to leaking strategic documents like they've always done since the State was founded. It's part and parcel of realpolitik.

Complete non-story. Lot of lads seemed to 'blow the beans' too soon around here. Thought they smelled blood. There was a reason this wasn't picked up by a major newspaper, but instead was published in a magazine that has the circulation of a parish newsletter.

Don't worry lads. Senior hurling is hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Jim Root wrote: »
    Catherine Connolly excellent

She is good. I missed the start but she’s the best I’ve seen.

And now all the politicians can go back to leaking strategic documents like they've always done since the State was founded. It's part and parcel of realpolitik.

Complete non-story. Lot of lads seemed to 'blow the beans' too soon around here. Thought they smelled blood. There was a reason this wasn't picked up by a major newspaper, but instead was published in a magazine that has the circulation of a parish newsletter.

Wouldn’t be so sure Jon flash

Varadkar is damaged goods now

This is getting NO better for him

• Registered Users Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I think they failed to get to the heart of the issue, which I'm still not sure of the answer to....was he allowed to leak that document?

That's all that matters to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

She is good. I missed the start but she’s the best I’ve seen.

She’s like a headmistress in school and Leo there scribbling while he’s being told off for bad behaviour

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement