Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Simon Harris made any comments?

He said he didn't provide the contract to ngap

• Registered Users Posts: 68,712 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The village do seem like the daily mail.

Milking every day out of it.

Just spill the whole lot.

Surely the people deserve that if they care so much????

The Village is a business, if they nail him their reputation and their ability to survive soars.

Wouldn't expect any publication like theirs to do it any other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Gone by Friday? Were people watching the same thing as me? They didn't really land much more than glancing blows to be honest. A few cringe moments from Leo isn't going to end his political career.

I don't know, provided nothing else even crazier comes out in the mean time he's pretty much going to weather it. They didn't get him on anything concrete or illegal - there's still no suggestion that he actually broke the law and nobody made a convincing case that he actually had. That's really the only thing they can nail him on.

An embarrassing enough evening for Leo for sure, but, nowhere near enough - as it stands - to suggest he's a goner. I was waiting for him to put his foot properly in it or fail to deal with a question, but that didn't really happen. People need to be honest about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Are there more revelations to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

I think the question

Did you ever leak anything else?

Was asked for a reason, Id say they have something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I think the question

Did you ever leak anything else?

Was asked for a reason, Id say they have something else.

Thats why he said 'not of this nature'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Did you think Catherine Murphy, Paul ‘Mao’ Murphy, Richie BB, or the Healy Raes did anything impressive this evening? Did they impress you?

Not been watching. Just getting highlights on the radio.
    Leo's caliber is not up to the standard of many independents. TBF not everyone in FG is a leak. Wouldn't generalise about independents either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

The US election will take this off the agenda - much to the relief of Leo and the insider journalists and others that he leaks to

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Thats why he said 'not of this nature'

Something more sensitive maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

There can be cabinet meetings still going on and Mícheál Linnane is on RTÉ saying its just been agreed or he is hearing that some decision has been made. It's part and parcel of politics. The political correspondents for the radio stations, papers and TV shows need their few scraps to keep them on side.

This wasn't even a juicy leak. How do people think papers get exclusives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I have to be very careful when I'm replying to a post, but I would very respectfully disagree with you, if that is OK with you..

If you want to kill somebody politically you lob in a grenade, you let the recipient issue a full clarification/apology, and then you hit them with the 16 pounder. It will be interesting to see if the Village has that 16 pounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Has Danny got wipers on that windscreen

On the inside!

There can be cabinet meetings still going on and Mícheál Linnane is on RTÉ saying its just been agreed or he is hearing that some decision has been made. It's part and parcel of politics. The political correspondents for the radio stations, papers and TV shows need their few scraps to keep them on side.

This wasn't even a juicy leak. How do people think papers get exclusives?

This wasn't currying fvour with a journo in return for some good PR. This was giving confidential info to a private interests, not entitled to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Marty1983

No killer punches tonight, unless there is more to come this will be brushed under the carpet.

Danny Healy Rae of all people hit the nail on the head, the difference between FF and FG is so insignificant now!

Leo must have nudey pics of Mehole Martin or something, he is backing him to the hilt, if more stuff leaks they may both fall on the same sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    I have to be very careful when I'm replying to a post, but I would very respectfully disagree with you, if that is OK with you..

If you want to kill somebody politically you lob in a grenade, you let the recipient issue a full clarification/apology, and then you hit them with the 16 pounder. It will be interesting to see if the Village has that 16 pounder.

You think I'd be offended because you disagree with me!??

Yeah you're probably right, they could have more.

Dont be worrying, you disagreeing with me is fine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

You think I'd be offended because you disagree with me!??

Yeah you're probably right, they could have more.

Dont be worrying, you disagreeing with me is fine:)

Phew, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Phew, thanks

Haha very good!

He didn't do enough for O'Callaghan...the FFer sees some political capital here.

https://twitter.com/OCallaghanJim/status/1323709090586152960

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

FF are the winners here. Leo now has to tow the line and stop undermining the government in return for FF's confidence in him. As I said Leo is a lame duck now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Howlin is fairly certain that LV has misled the dail

“Cock and bull story”

“Not believable”

Harris told tool no

Then tool ran to veruca asking for the doc

“Stop sending out a slew of ministers to give cock and bull stories that are not justifiable”

• Advertisement

FF are the winners here. Leo now has to tow the line and stop undermining the government in return for FF's confidence in him. As I said Leo is a lame duck now.

Leo the leaker is now firmly established

He is a figure of mockery now - a lame duck as you say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Howlin is fairly certain that LV has misled the dail

“Cock and bull story”

“Not believable”

Harris told toole no

Then tool ran to veruca asking for the doc

“Stop sending out a slew of ministers to give cock and bull stories that are not justifiable”

How old are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The US election will take this off the agenda - much to the relief of Leo and the insider journalists and others that he leaks to

I don't think Irish people or media will be that distracted by the US election tbh, this is potentially an equally if not more important story in an Irish context. Altjough if village have already taken their shot and there is nothing further to come out then you are probably right and it will fizzle out - everyone has had their say now

A few people on boards and Twitter will start calling him "Leaky Leo" instead of "Lieo" but that's about it, and if you use nicknames to describe a politician you look like a gob****e anyway

He is a figure of mockery now - a lame duck as you say

Yes, this was always how it was going to play out. His own petulance and arrogance did for him.
    Figure of fun now whenever he opens his mouth to criticise.

Opposition wins here and FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Marty1983

Will be interesting to see if there is a knock on effect on the next red sea poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

More likely it will be forgotten about in a week or two unless someone can provide any evidence he's leaked more than a document that was widely available to hundreds of gps

Gatling wrote: »
    More likely it will be forgotten about in a week or two unless someone can provide any evidence he's leaked more than a document that was widely available to hundreds of gps

Wouldn’t be so sure gat

God bless your innocence

There’s more to come out on this yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

don't know tbh , the FF defense has tied them to Leo

Though some of the opposition were poor.

Pearse Doherty was very good and Peader Tobin and Catherine Connolly were very good in what they asked/said quite clever and well spoken but perhaps lack the edge or fear factor that Doherty brings when he is on song.

AOR was poor and seemed a little unprepared. The independents weren't great.

Anyway I think leo will be safe regrettably but his reputation is in the toliet for the moment.

Finally playing the gay card was lame as fcuk against mattie mcgrath.

You know the way the T shock was asked is this the only time he’s done this and he said “yes”.
    It felt like a real leading question as if there’s another story to tell - oldest trick in the book if you want to nail someone is get a good decent denial first- anyone think there’s another episode here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There’s more to come out on this yet

Lol , come on there was absolutely nothing we heard demands to resign based off nothing for most part ,
    It's not about being innocent or not seeing something that others are ,
    This was being pushed as something earth shattering and all we got was hands up who hasn't shared information , regardless if something has confidential labeled on it , despite hundreds having access to it .

After watching the rants and raves of the last few days ,

I'm highly disappointed it came to nothing and I doubt I'm not the only one who thinks it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement