Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

It was a huge part of his defence - to make O'Tuautaill look like the bad guy in this.

Very few but the ardent FGers bought it and certainly nobody on the Opposition did. McGrath was just following up on what others were doing, questioning him on it.

Yeah it’s an interesting relationship for sure - I don’t think anyone will touch it further for fear of being tarred homophobe etc.

But Christ, not friends, but when lockdown came around he was in his close group? Surely credibility will be lost on that. This and the slip up on if he had leaked anything to else are red flags for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Of course you'll pass on informing yourself. You only wanted to insinuate something to begin with.

That's the thing. I actually wasn't from when I asked the question.

But I seen you lads jumped on it thinking I was insinuating something and have kept up the tag team even though I'm agreeing on every post you put up.

Very defensive.

You must have missed my post yesterday where I said Leo was silly and how could he be so stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It was a huge part of his defence - to make O'Tuautaill look like the bad guy in this.

Very few but the ardent FGers bought it and certainly nobody on the Opposition did. McGrath was just following up on what others were doing, questioning him on it.

In fairness to MOT - he's being hung out to dry, he didn't go running to the press to snitch on Leo, that seems to be Bowes on a solo run.

Leo is trying, and badly failing to imply MOT was some kind of infatuated plague who was trying to cling to him because he was the Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,714 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That's the thing. I actually wasn't from when I asked the question.

But I seen you lads jumped on it thinking I was insinuating something and have kept up the tag team even though I'm agreeing on every post you put up.

Very defensive.

You must have missed my post yesterday where I said Leo was silly and how could he be so stupid.

Sure JJ, it was an innocent question. Whatever.

Sure JJ, it was an innocent question. Whatever.

Sure Francie, whatever.

You're always so quick to jump down people's throat.

I read on wiki about God and I wanted to see if it was true.

What does it matter if she was or is working for them in the context of Leo's leak?

The facts about this story are out there.

If she worked or works for them that changes nothing.

• Advertisement

Anyone else get the feeling Simon Harris was not too happy with Leo? Lots of head shaking and surprised faces(eyes since facemask was on) while Leo was talking, I don’t know what to make of it being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Anyone else get the feeling Simon Harris was not too happy with Leo? Lots of head shaking and surprised faces(eyes since facemask was on) while Leo was talking, I don’t know what to make of it being honest.

Helen McEntee wasn't impressed when her name was dragged into it either when she went out to bat for him yesterday.

To best of my knowledge MOT is v.close pal of varadkars husband/parthner....hence the rather well worded phrases/responces surronding his 'friendship' to him

But why not say he’s a friend of my partner or former friend of mine anything else but not my friend given the images etc.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Helen McEntee wasn't impressed when her name was dragged into it either when she went out to bat for him yesterday.

He didn't bring her name into it.

But why not say he’s a friend of my partner or former friend of mine anything else but not my friend given the images etc.

Think he said he met him 2 or 3 times in the last year.

Pretty easy to know if hes lying.

MOT could destroy him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

You know the way the T shock was asked is this the only time he’s done this and he said “yes”.
    It felt like a real leading question as if there’s another story to tell - oldest trick in the book if you want to nail someone is get a good decent denial first- anyone think there’s another episode here?
    Yep.
    Then he replied to Toibin later with 'not of this nature' which drew the gasps.
    Any fool can see he's hedging his bets, he even did it in real time
    ie he doesn't know what else will come out and he most definitely has leaked as Minister and Taoiseach and Tanaiste.

I thought Doherty, Toibin, Pringle, Paul Murphy and Connolly did a good job.
    Connolly should stick to being a pretty good TD - she ain't cut out for LCC deputy chair to be honest.
    O'Riordain sounded, looked and acted like a fool.
    Catherine Murphy is a good TD but an absolutely brutal speaker though she did get him on his bleating about he always keeps up to date with GPs/health matters as he 'had unfinished business to do' as he's from that background but yet didn't have a clue (untrue) about the garda economic investigations and turmoil within NAGP.
    You can bet his last pair of Trudeau tw*t's socks he knew all there was to know about NAGP.

Too many times however, the questioners let LV get away with actually talking up his (his govts) May 2019 achievement rather than simply cutting him off when he started down that route for the umpteenth time which of course was to run down the clock.

I read a lot of let's say, 'pro-LV' posts here saying sure everyone leaks, what would the papers/tv/radio do for exclusives etc.
    Well, some govt politicians at some time do leak for sure - but when they get exposed it is usually bye-bye time.

A Taoiseach is the ultimate no-no to get caught.
    An ex-Taoiseach caught leaking while publicly on the record deriding the practice and saying he won't stand for it is a complete lame duck and more harsh words too.

Varadkar won't get sacked because that would endanger the coalition but within a very short period I can see him 'voluntarily' resigning.

In fairness she came out spouting nonsense on the radio as Pearse D said, she simply did know about engagements with NAGP yet stated it as facts on national radio, this is our minister of justice and deserves her name being dragged around if she’s willing to lie so blatantly imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

You can’t just call someone a homophobe because they didn’t say something in the way you feel it should have been said.

I heard it that way too.

Think he said he met him 2 or 3 times in the last year.

Pretty easy to know if hes lying.

MOT could destroy him.

Sure even if it was 2-3 times a year that’s pretty normal
    for adults who are friends is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Sorry I've completely missed this but is Matt O Tuathail the person who leaked all this stuff about leaks?

I thought it was someone in the NAGP who was disgruntled about something. Isn't MOT supposed to be his friend?
    Or am I wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Jaysus, if your explaining your losing. And watching the news he's losing big tonight.

Niall Collins out now on prime time to defend the indefensible. Good luck with that Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Being on the same side as Rabb will never be a good thing, imo.
    People need to ditch purist politics.
    Raab is reprehensible.
    So what.

He didn't bring her name into it.

Doherty did.

Jaysus, if your explaining your losing. And watching the news he's losing big tonight.

Niall Collins out now on prime time to defend the indefensible. Good luck with that Niall.

“I take full responsibility for my actions”

Proceeds to wheel out lackeys on all channels - the mind baffles.

Ah come on.

If you're explaining you're loosing?

Would you prefer he went the John Delaney route and didn't answer questions?

Yeah he had nothing to hide in the end.

• Advertisement

Doherty did.

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

He didn't do enough for O'Callaghan...the FFer sees some political capital here.

https://twitter.com/OCallaghanJim/status/1323709090586152960

O'Callaghan is about as subtle as a brick in what he is at all the time.

Clearly pitching himself for a leadership battle against Martin and has been for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sorry I've completely missed this but is Matt O Tuathail the person who leaked all this stuff about leaks?

I thought it was someone in the NAGP who was disgruntled about something. Isn't MOT supposed to be his friend?
    Or am I wrong.

No, chay Bowes was the leaker, MOT was the recipient of the leaked info.

MOT is just been thrown under a bus by Leo as Leo needs someone to pin blame on.

McMurphy wrote: »
    No, chay Bowes was the leaker, MOT was the recipient of the leaked info.

MOT is just been thrown under a bus by Leo as Leo needs someone to pin blame on.

MOT holds the key to all this.

He knows all the info.

Leo could regret throwing him under the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

How the feck did they let her associate herself with them when they are a let wing magazine!!

LOL she is a fruitcake, probably jumped on the racist bandwagon recently.

She was on staff at the Indo, 'Chief Features Writer' no less. As with Waters, they had journo careers pre off the wall-ism.

We've had posters insulted and the publication released this info on varadkar dismissed. Par for the course when ever FG is criticised.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    O'Callaghan is about as subtle as a brick in what he is at all the time.

Clearly pitching himself for a leadership battle against Martin and has been for a while.

He’s really diminished himself in my eyes this past few months with his rent a quote attitude to any fart that takes place in Leinster House.

MOT holds the key to all this.

He knows all the info.

Leo could regret throwing him under the bus.

I'd say Leo and MOT have come to an agreement that Leo would look after him when he throws him under the bus. Wait to see MOT quietly being added to some board or to a quango with a nice little salary to go with it.

I'd say Leo and MOT have come to an agreement that Leo would look after him when he throws him under the bus. Wait to see MOT quietly being added to some board or to a quango with a nice little salary to go with it.

Some claim.

“I take full responsibility for my actions”

Proceeds to wheel out lackeys on all channels - the mind baffles.

That’s why you appoint trusted allies to Ministries. It’s part of the game.

• Advertisement

Some claim.

Sure is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement